#018 Ghost in the Shell (1995) (Blu-ray Mondo x SteelBook) [USA]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: March 14, 2017
Purchase links: Amazon US - Amazon CA - Target USA
Price: USD $19.99 (Amazon - Target) - CDN $33.43 (Amazon CA)

ghost.jpg

GHOST IN THE SHELL
Limited Steelbook Packaging with Exclusive Mondo artwork
coming to Blu-ray™ + Digital HD March 14, 2017

BEVERLY HILLS, CA – (December 13, 2016) The groundbreaking anime film Ghost in the Shell arrives on Blu-ray™ + Digital HD with limited-edition Mondo key art in collectible Steelbook packaging from Anchor Bay Entertainment on March 14, 2017. The groundbreaking anime celebrated the 25th anniversary of the original Manga in 2014. Directed by legendary anime director Mamoru Oshii, Ghost in the Shell questions human existence in the fast-paced world of the information age, this award-winning, cyber-tech thriller has established itself as one of the leading Japanese animation films of all time.

A female cybernetic government agent, Major Motoko Kusanagi, and the Internal Bureau of Investigations are hot on the trail of “The Puppet Master,” a mysterious and threatening computer virus capable of infiltrating human hosts. Together, with her fellow agents from Section 9, they embark on a high-tech race against time to capture the omnipresent entity. Ghost in the Shell took the world by storm in the mid-90’s, exhibiting a new dimension of anime with unprecedented, mesmerizing cinematic expression. Seamlessly merging traditional animation with the latest computer graphic imagery, this stunning sci-fi spectacle challenged the boundaries of mainstream animation with detailed artistic expression and a uniquely intelligent story line. Veteran director Mamoru Oshii skillfully creates the ultimate anime experience in this futuristic masterpiece based on the groundbreaking comic book by Masamune Shirow.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Season 1 and Season 2 previously only available on DVD will be arriving on Blu-ray™ for the first time on February 21, 2017. Ghost in the Shell will be available on Blu-ray™ from Anchor Bay Entertainment on March 14, 2017 for the suggested retail price of $34.99.

ABOUT ANCHOR BAY ENTERTAINMENT
Anchor Bay Entertainment, a Lionsgate company, is a leading independent home entertainment company that acquires and releases a wide array of theatrical and home entertainment content, including STARZ Original series, children's programming, fitness (Anchor Bay Fitness), sports and specialty films on Blu-ray™ and DVD formats. The company has long-term distribution agreements in place for select programming with The Weinstein Company, AMC Networks and RADiUS, among others.

GHOST IN THE SHELL Blu-ray™ + Digital HD
Street Date: March 14, 2017
Pre-book: February 8, 2017
Catalog #: BD64909
UPC: 013132649092
Run Time: 82 Minutes
Rating: Not Rated
SRP: $34.99
Format: English: Dolby 5.1 DTS-HD
Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen 1:78:1g
Audio: Subtitles: English, Japanese

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to drive across the border and pick this up so I could see it in hand but I've been hearing stories of people getting unnecessarily hassled so I decided to just order from amazon.ca. It arrived the other day without a spine slash and with a crease in the sleeve (which is in the sleeve itself not the shrink).

I also had to look at it for a few minutes to figure out why my copy looked different from everyone else's.
full

full

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: apsmith21
I was going to drive across the border and pick this up so I could see it in hand but I've been hearing stories of people getting unnecessarily hassled so I decided to just order from amazon.ca. It arrived the other day without a spine slash and with a crease in the sleeve (which is in the sleeve itself not the shrink).

I also had to look at it for a few minutes to figure out why my copy looked different from everyone else's.
View media item 23605View media item 23604
Is there something special I have to do to see the pictures?
I get an error telling me that I don't have permission to view these.

Reactions: K.i.T
Is there something special I have to do to see the pictures?
I get an error telling me that I don't have permission to view these.
Not that I know of though I am new to the whole sharing my own pictures on here thing so I may have done something wrong??

Does anyone know if there is a permission I have to change so everyone can view these images?:confused:

Yes, they're ordering these from the US. However, the import fees relate to the package they sent to you from Switzerland. Cede.de is mainly aimed at German customers while Switzerland is not part of the European Union which means that import fees of 19% apply for orders above 26,30€. Also, possible import fees by other countries are meant by this info, not the US/CA tax on the steelbook itself which is already calculated within the displayed price of the item.

Never ordered from them. Thanks for the info! :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: SteelCollz
Not that I know of though I am new to the whole sharing my own pictures on here thing so I may have done something wrong??

Does anyone know if there is a permission I have to change so everyone can view these images?:confused:

Use the Share Image link instead of the Share BB Gallery link.

Amazon have dispatched my order.
Amazon are getting lot slower recently compared to before shipping orders for me but I do end up getting actual delivery quicker

I hope it arrives without any damage issues

Has anyone verified whether this disc will play on UK players? I have a UK PS3 and, by the sounds of it, this wont play :(

Actually, maybe it doesnt really matter about the disc itself as it sounds like the subtitles are horrific and unwatchable. Am I right in thinking this French edition is the one thats undergone the remastering:

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B01MT5QK1Z/?tag=hidefnin0a-21

Maybe I'll buy both versions and swap out the discs...if my PS3 plays French discs lol

Has anyone verified whether this disc will play on UK players? I have a UK PS3 and, by the sounds of it, this wont play :(

Actually, maybe it doesnt really matter about the disc itself as it sounds like the subtitles are horrific and unwatchable. Am I right in thinking this French edition is the one thats undergone the remastering:

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B01MT5QK1Z/?tag=hidefnin0a-21

Maybe I'll buy both versions and swap out the discs...if my PS3 plays French discs lol

98% certain that USA disc is region A locked.

Your UK PS3 can play french discs - but from reading the Amazon FR listing, looks like there is no english audio, nor english subtitles.

If you are fluent in french, no worries though. :)

Reactions: digitalbabe
All 3 i ordered from target.com had spine slashes. Luckily my store had some copies so I was able to finally get one with no spine slash.

• Thanks
Reactions: apsmith21
All 3 i ordered from target.com had spine slashes. Luckily my store had some copies so I was able to finally get one with no spine slash.

I got lucky on my second order and got a couple of copies without spine slashes. The first order - I could see where it hit the edge, but it wasn't all the way through the spine on both. But enough of a defect, at that price, for me to want to return them.

How many years in, and we still have to worry about spine slashes?

Really? lol

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I got lucky on my second order and got a couple of copies without spine slashes. The first order - I could see where it hit the edge, but it wasn't all the way through the spine on both. But enough of a defect, at that price, for me to want to return them.

How many years in, and we still have to worry about spine slashes?

Really? lol

I know, it's almost actually kind of ridiculous. I thought there were actions taken to prevent this at whatever warehouse this is happenning at. Now I have to take 4 copies back to Target of the same movie and tell them I want to return them because they are scratched. At this point I don't even want to open mine because I'm afraid to find what I'll find underneath lol.

I know, it's almost actually kind of ridiculous. I thought there were actions taken to prevent this at whatever warehouse this is happenning at. Now I have to take 4 copies back to Target of the same movie and tell them I want to return them because they are scratched. At this point I don't even want to open mine because I'm afraid to find what I'll find underneath lol.

They are supposed to use these plastic openers to get the packing box from Scanavo open, but I bet dimes to donuts that some of these distributors still use box cutters to get the packing boxes open and there's the issue. Because it's random, in terms of when we see these and when we don't, not everybody is following the same rules.

An easier fix, IMO, would be to make the packing box maybe an inch higher, to give it a bit of clearance from the spine of the steelbook to the top of the box where it's taped - and then no matter what you use, the opener can't reach the steelbook below.

• Thanks
Reactions: darczap and Noodles
arrived in a kimchidvd-sized box from amazon.com, but with only little padding inside tho.. anyways, it arrived undamaged except for a very faint spineslash on the plastic case..

beautiful steelbook

Last edited:
arrived in a kimchidvd-sized box from amazon.com, but with only little padding inside tho.. anyways, it arrived undamaged except for a very faint spineslash on the plastic case..

beautiful steelbook

I got this as part of the Target sale a while back (I think it was buy 2 get one free or something like that) so I was at the mercy of the Target shippers. Flimsy cardboard envelope. Still arrived ok. I like that it came with a UV code. I've never seen the movie. I'll have to give it a watch.