Price: £24.99
Notes: Art by Tom Whalen

11958902-1394625055309639.jpg

11958902-1514625054483922.jpg

11958902-2114625054649648.jpg

11958902-1484625054350611.jpg

11958902-1574625054833650.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
srsly.. the collection had mostly badass movies with terminator, thing, total recall, drive, etc.. and now all of a sudden if you want to keep your collection complete you have to purchase 10 disney movies with basicly the same artwork

ordered btw *sigh* lol

I prefer iconic movies with outstanding artwork for these. I was very happy with Olly Moss Jungle Book and a Tom Whalen but I don't want them all in this range.

Ideally

Laurent Durieux - Rear Window and
Kevin Tong - Mulholland Drive

They are my dream choices.

I would like Kurtz' Clockwork Orange too :)

I will probably end up ordering this too.

So what other Tom Whalen Disney steels can we expect based on existing Mondo art. Where's @virkia when you need him? :naughty:

Nvmd - I see that Wreck posted a link in the Tom Whalen thread... I didn't realize that was created :bag:

Reactions: Wreck
You can expect the Mondo X titles 22/23/24/25/26/27/28 be announced in 2019 some will be from Tom Whalen and some will be Disney/Pixar films

• Informative
Reactions: dfoles
V. nice and love the cover but was hoping that after CHICKEN LITTLE I'd get the chance to order one other of the few remaining first timer steelbooks . . . would be nice to finally come to the end and post a pic of the group.
Expensive certainly for a 1-disc steelbook but definitely one for the collector rather than the casual.

For those who want this but are waiting for a price drop are you sure that's a good idea?

If I remember correctly The Incredibles Mondo X sold out fairly quickly without a price drop. It was region free and now goes for over $100 on ebay. This title is also region free. The Jungle Book is still in stock and dropped in price. But I think that's because it's region B locked. I find that the region B locked Mondo's stick around for a very long time.

I could be wrong.

For those who want this but are waiting for a price drop are you sure that's a good idea?

If I remember correctly The Incredibles Mondo X sold out fairly quickly without a price drop. It was region free and now goes for over $100 on ebay. This title is also region free. The Jungle Book is still in stock and dropped in price. But I think that's because it's region B locked. I find that the region B locked Mondo's stick around for a very long time.

I could be wrong.
uhm it goes for 50-60$ max.. not sure where you got that 100$ from..

I’m personally hoping for his Aladdin, lion king, Robin Hood, rescuers and I think there was a wall e one he did that I liked but hopefully spread about. But I’m also hoping the mondo line don’t just turn into a Disney line. Hopefully mix it up

uhm it goes for 50-60$ max.. not sure where you got that 100$ from..

You're right. I was looking at the listings for North America and a few are over $100 Canadian. After checking the "sold" listings I see that there are quite a few that were sold for quite low.

I could be wrong.
Hmm you've convinced me... I've now placed an order, just in case! Still a month to decide whether I want to keep it or not.

I thought and still think so too but the Zavvi link says olly moss in the description....
Zavvi link and description for the little mermaid and the Incredibles clearly lists Tom Whalen
Zavvi link and descriptions never mentioned olly moss so I don't get how you got to think it was olly moss

Did you click the zavvi link in the Jungle Book Mondo X thread by mistake as that one is by olly moss

Last edited:
Zavvi link and description for the little mermaid and the Incredibles clearly lists Tom Whalen
Zavvi link and descriptions never mentioned olly moss so I don't get how you got to think it was olly moss

Did you click the zavvi link in the Jungle Book Mondo X thread by mistake as that one is by olly moss
The German site says Olly :)

Attachments

• 20181110_054104.jpg
    20181110_054104.jpg
    484.5 KB · Views: 146
Reactions: paulboland
Wasn't there a post by someone (FN?) in one of the threads about meeting Tom Whalen at a comic con (New York?) and him mentioning that Disney was going to turn all of his animated Disney movie prints into Mondo X steelbooks? Perhaps explaining the missing numbers 22-28?