Navan/Ireland
Release date: March 10, 2020
Purchase links: Amazon - Best Buy
Price: $24.99 $12.99

41NN2mXW5HL._AC_SY400_ML3_.jpg

516+8mDMd6L._AC_SY400_ML3_.jpg
[/SPOILER

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine came in a box and it was bent so it was put in the box that way and the box was fine. :angry: Back to the store it goes for a replacement. Idiots at Best Buy need to check the merchandise before boxing it up and shipping it.

bent.jpg

Reactions: MM3
Mine came in a box and it was bent so it was put in the box that way and the box was fine. :angry: Back to the store it goes for a replacement. Idiots at Best Buy need to check the merchandise before boxing it up and shipping it.

View attachment 464308

Yeah, it's funny because some of my recent / new release pickups have been shipped in a box - not a cardboard mailer. It's been fairly consistent thus far, so it seems like it's happening going forward.

Once the release hits stores, then it's likely you get a bubble mailer. :(

• Wow
Reactions: Lone Crusader
Got a copy ordered for in store pickup but haven't had a chance to get down there yet. Not sure I'll make it - hopefully it comes back for shipping soon.

Got a copy ordered for in store pickup but haven't had a chance to get down there yet. Not sure I'll make it - hopefully it comes back for shipping soon.
Stores around me have them, but almost all of them are double shrink wrapped, because the first one got torn (or at least that’s what it looks like).

My preorder had a tear, so I didn’t take it and went to another store. Fortunately there was a copy that was in good condition without tears or a 2nd shrink Job.

Reactions: apsmith21
Now that it's back for shipping, I changed my in-store pickup order to ship to me instead.

Just don't want to visit the store with all this craziness going on

View attachment 464308

It's not up to the warehouse staff to decide if your steelbook is in the condition you want it to be.
That's up to you to decide whether you keep it or return it.

Even if they see a dent like that they are going to ship it every time.

Stores around me have them, but almost all of them are double shrink wrapped, because the first one got torn (or at least that’s what it looks like).

My preorder had a tear, so I didn’t take it and went to another store. Fortunately there was a copy that was in good condition without tears or a 2nd shrink Job.

The plastic slip has a plastic film around it and then the whole thing is shrink-wrapped. Some Mondo X releases are like that.
That plastic film is to protect the slip from scratches during processing and before shipping so that you get it scratch free.

Pet Sematary (another Paramount release) had that as well.

It's not up to the warehouse staff to decide if your steelbook is in the condition you want it to be.
That's up to you to decide whether you keep it or return it.

Even if they see a dent like that they are going to ship it every time.
I beg to differ, it IS there responsibility. A percentage of the cost goes to pay their wages so yeah it is their responsibility.

I beg to differ, it IS there responsibility. A percentage of the cost goes to pay their wages so yeah it is their responsibility.

I'm sure the lowly warehouse worker's orders from management are pick, pack and ship regardless of the shape of the item.
Same with Amazon and so on. It's not the warehouse worker's decision to make. Their only decision is to follow orders or find work someplace else.

They have pick rates they have to maintain and they don't have any time whatsoever to look an item over.

I'm sure the lowly warehouse worker's orders from management are pick, pack and ship regardless of the shape of the item.
Same with Amazon and so on. It's not the warehouse worker's decision to make. Their only decision is to follow orders or find work someplace else.

They have pick rates they have to maintain and they don't have any time whatsoever to look an item over.
Your on the right track but your still wrong. It is the warehouse worker's responsibility to ASK his supervisor or team lead is this fine or not. Since that didn't happen, yes...it is his fault.

Your on the right track but your still wrong. It is the warehouse worker's responsibility to ASK his supervisor or team lead is this fine or not. Since that didn't happen, yes...it is his fault.

Fine it's his fault. Complain to somebody at the top of Best Buy (because store level management or Customer Service isn't going to do anything) and demand to have that little fu***r fired so it never happens again. Because If I ever get another damaged steelbook then it's your fault because you didn't follow through. Then you'll only have yourself to blame.

Only YOU can end 10 years of damaged steelbooks. YOU!!!

:LOL:

Fine it's his fault. Complain to somebody at the top of Best Buy (because store level management or Customer Service isn't going to do anything) and demand to have that little fu***r fired so it never happens again. Because If I ever get another damaged steelbook then it's your fault because you didn't follow through. Then you'll only have yourself to blame.

Only YOU can end 10 years of damaged steelbooks. YOU!!!

:LOL:
Yes it's failure ultimately on Best Buy. Do you think that they are in business to sell broken, dented damaged in any way merchandise?...I think not or they wouldn't be in business for long. There has to be some level of QC, if there's not then they've failed at the consumer level. Retailers have a set amount of guidelines that are set in place to make the consumer happy. If this is not met then they need to start at the last person and work their way back to find the issue. If this employee is not doing his job as to what is required or set in place for him/her then that person should be reprimanded or released for employment if it has been a repeatable offence. If you were trying to buy a refrigerator and they deliberately sold you a smashed in front door on the refrigerator would that be any different?..no.

Yes it is my responsibility to turn around and ask for a replacement. Why of course would I accept a damaged steelbook. Yes it has been replaced since I made that post.

Yes it's failure ultimately on Best Buy. Do you think that they are in business to sell broken, dented damaged in any way merchandise?...I think not or they wouldn't be in business for long. There has to be some level of QC, if there's not then they've failed at the consumer level. Retailers have a set amount of guidelines that are set in place to make the consumer happy. If this is not met then they need to start at the last person and work their way back to find the issue. If this employee is not doing his job as to what is required or set in place for him/her then that person should be reprimanded or released for employment if it has been a repeatable offence. If you were trying to buy a refrigerator and they deliberately sold you a smashed in front door on the refrigerator would that be any different?..no.

Yes it is my responsibility to turn around and ask for a replacement. Why of course would I accept a damaged steelbook. Yes it has been replaced since I made that post.

Well I guess that explains why after 10 years we still get damaged steelbooks every week. A warehouse employee picks a damaged steelbook, doesn't tell his supervisor and then packs and ships it. The steelbook is then returned. Employee gets fired for not telling his supervisor. New employee gets hired. The new employee picks a damaged steelbook, doesn't tell his supervisor and then packs and ships it. The steelbook is then returned. Employee gets fired for not telling his supervisor. New employee gets hired. The new employee picks a damaged steelbook, doesn't tell his supervisor and then packs and ships it. The steelbook is then returned. Employee gets fired.

This must happen to multiple employees every week at Best Buy until finally the supervisor gets fired and replaced.

Around and around it goes until many more employees are fired and then another supervisor is fired and replaced because they can't seem to keep their underlings from shipping damaged steelbooks.

Eventually the district manager, or the person above him is fired.

Yet after all of the firing and hiring and money being paid out to constantly train new warehouse employees over one product line that Best Buy sells, SteelBooks, Best Buy is still in business.

I don't know how they do it. It boggles my mind.

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k
Well I guess that explains why after 10 years we still get damaged steelbooks every week. A warehouse employee picks a damaged steelbook, doesn't tell his supervisor and then packs and ships it. The steelbook is then returned. Employee gets fired for not telling his supervisor. New employee gets hired. The new employee picks a damaged steelbook, doesn't tell his supervisor and then packs and ships it. The steelbook is then returned. Employee gets fired for not telling his supervisor. New employee gets hired. The new employee picks a damaged steelbook, doesn't tell his supervisor and then packs and ships it. The steelbook is then returned. Employee gets fired.

This must happen to multiple employees every week at Best Buy until finally the supervisor gets fired and replaced.

Around and around it goes until many more employees are fired and then another supervisor is fired and replaced because they can't seem to keep their underlings from shipping damaged steelbooks.

Eventually the district manager, or the person above him is fired.

Yet after all of the firing and hiring and money being paid out to constantly train new warehouse employees over one product line that Best Buy sells, SteelBooks, Best Buy is still in business.

I don't know how they do it. It boggles my mind.
Now your being silly, let's agree to disagree. I expect a level of QC and you expect a different level of it. Different strokes for different folks...

Reactions: Stygian
The plastic slip has a plastic film around it and then the whole thing is shrink-wrapped. Some Mondo X releases are like that.
That plastic film is to protect the slip from scratches during processing and before shipping so that you get it scratch free.

Pet Sematary (another Paramount release) had that as well.
I dont’ think you’re talking about what I saw. These had crinkled shrink wrap. Under the shrink wrap. The one I chose didn’t have that. I think they may have had to had issues with the original shrink getting torn, so they put a second shrink over it. Also, the one that I didn’t accept when it ent to pick it up didn’t have that, but the outer plastic was torn.

I dont’ think you’re talking about what I saw. These had crinkled shrink wrap. Under the shrink wrap. The one I chose didn’t have that. I think they may have had to had issues with the original shrink getting torn, so they put a second shrink over it. Also, the one that I didn’t accept when it ent to pick it up didn’t have that, but the outer plastic was torn.

Interesting - I've not seen this happen very often - just checked my copy and I only have one layer of shrink

Reactions: Steely-Booked