Price:
£24.99
Notes: Art by Matt Ryan Tobin
12435382-1604737044902059.jpg

12435382-2024737045165375.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
All mondo x steelbooks have a clear film on the mondo x slip
The film is removable and is meant to be removed

If you don't remove the film from the slip it can make the slip look cloudy.

You will notice a big difference to the mondo x slip when removed

Not all. Only a small few have had it

• Thanks
Reactions: Stygian
Looks like this third steel for A QUIET PLACE will not be any less desirable than the previous two ...
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG

... with the same finish for all releases this time around unlike the previous WWA.

Reactions: jasong and DMD4k
Inferior finish on the 1st edition in the UK compared to the US . . . looks like we have another situation for the 2nd edition only this time with the layout of the artwork - appears that the US gets superior wraparound art compared to the ROW:-
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG
vs.
Capture.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: Masta Norris
In what way is the finish inferior @virkia?
Neither US or UK version is truly wraparound so the rear being inverted on one or the other is not a huge deal IMO. Is that what you're referring to as "finish"?

In what way is the finish inferior @virkia?
Neither US or UK version is truly wraparound so the rear being inverted on one or the other is not a huge deal IMO. Is that what you're referring to as "finish"?
I think he meant "inferior finish" in regards towards the 1st edition - the one with the de-bossed scratches and spot gloss in the US vs. matte and no bossing for the ROW.

But I'm not quite sure whether the back artwork will be reversed or any different for the rest of the world. Maybe the mockup is not that accurate.

Was the US "Pet Sematary" any different to the rest?

Reactions: DMD4k
appears that the US gets superior wraparound art compared to the ROW:-
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG
vs.
Capture.JPG
How do you see that the US has superior wraparound?? We don't have any better wraparound then you guys do. That's evident by the spine as there is no continued artwork to join the two halves together. The tall grass on the left does not continue onto the front, the string of lights in the background does not match up front to back and the cloud cover does not match front to back. Did you even look at the artwork before you posted. Better look again...

If I had to choose one artwork over another I would side with the UK edition as having the best artwork. The tall grass is more defined on the back where it's not just lit up by the light bulbs and is actually viewable without the light bulbs on the UK edition, the primary light bulb on the front is more defined on the UK edition than on the US edition as it's detailed better and doesn't have that strange glow effect as if it were super imposed, the interior burn of the light bulb on the UK edition is very clear while the US edition it's very blurry. And last but not least, the title's color is more in tune with the theme of the movie on the UK edition than the US edition.

The only reason I'm getting the US edition over the UK edition is for the clear fact that I don't have to import and can obtain it locally and to also support Best Buy.

Reactions: DMD4k
This is the original poster:

Tobin_AQP_Reg_Sm_1024x1024.jpg

I actually like it better as a steelbook. I always thought the poster is a little off somehow. Too much empty space, odd title and tagline placement. The steelbook basically fixes that, though now the light string doesn't connect across the halves of the steelbook, so @AcIDc0r3 is right that neither mock-up is truly wraparound.

EDIT: Actually, the more I look at how it seems like it's a wraparound but isn't quite, the more it bugs me. haha

Reactions: Lone Crusader
I obviously didn't give it enough attention before, as I honestly thought the artwork did wrap around... it's really bugging me now that I realise it doesn't. :bored:

I didn’t realise it wasn’t a wrap around either

I also don’t get why the U.K. mock up is darker than the US mock up. Surely both the same. I hope

I didn’t realise it wasn’t a wrap around either

I also don’t get why the U.K. mock up is darker than the US mock up. Surely both the same. I hope

The placement of the light bulbs on the back is different as well. Perhaps everything will be the same when they are actually released.

Reactions: Flloydo
The placement of the light bulbs on the back is different as well. Perhaps everything will be the same when they are actually released.

Oh yeah. The whole back image is flipped. Not placed differently, literally flipped. Odd

I think it’s a mistake with the U.K. mock up. The US ones seems correct like the original poster. I can’t see them making 2 versions and we get a flipped back and the US, Canada and Germany get the same version. Suppose stranger things have happened though

Reactions: DMD4k and Stygian