#039 The Avengers (4K + Blu-ray Mondo x SteelBook) [France]

Feb 10, 2020
Release date: December 16, 2020
Purchase links: Cultura (ships only within France) - Amazon FR - FNAC
Price: €29.99

Avengers-Steelbook-Mondo-Blu-ray-4K-Ultra-HD.jpg

Avengers-Steelbook-Mondo-Blu-ray-4K-Ultra-HD-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered one from Amazon.fr the other day. It arrived today, the plastic slip has some cracks in it so asked Amazon.fr for a replacement. Seeing as this wont be coming to Zavvi, I decided not to risk missing out and just bit the bullet and bought it

This will also be available in Switzerland in April, so French exclusive seems to be off the table. This goes for the entire Marvel wave, possible release also in Germany soon. Only Iron Man remains a UK exclusive apparently.

• Informative
Reactions: Shark
What a strange decision

I still think the U.K. will get this

What a strange decision

I still think the U.K. will get this
It'll mostly be to do with the title I think mate. It's avengers assemble here but just the avengers elsewhere. There would have to be a 2nd pressing with alternate spine and slip to release it here. Mondo have yet to release a title with regional variations to my knowledge, so it probably isn't happening here either.

Iron man had a 4k steel release in France end of last year with exclusive artwork, so that'll be why they didn’t get this mondo Iron man release right now. I have a funny feeling that disney do not have exclusive rights to Iron man in France and some other European countries though, which again would explain if this one does not get a wider release as well.

It'll mostly be to do with the title I think mate. It's avengers assemble here but just the avengers elsewhere. There would have to be a 2nd pressing with alternate spine and slip to release it here. Mondo have yet to release a title with regional variations to my knowledge, so it probably isn't happening here either.

Iron man had a 4k steel release in France end of last year with exclusive artwork, so that'll be why they didn’t get this mondo Iron man release right now. I have a funny feeling that disney do not have exclusive rights to Iron man in France and some other European countries, which again would explain the lack of a wider release for this one.

that’s actually a very good point about the title

Ordered from Fnac, all was going as normal and randomly got a cancellation and refund 2 weeks later. Anybody else had issues ordering from the UK?

@Vanguard1138 I've seen it happen with others in the past for other titles, regardless of country. Could be a mistake. Other times it's happened when they couldn't secure any more stock.