Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: December 16, 2020
Purchase links: Cultura (ships only within France) - Amazon FR - FNAC
Price: €29.99

Captain-America-The-First-Avenger-Steelbook-Mondo-Blu-ray-4K-Ultra-HD.jpg

Captain-America-The-First-Avenger-Steelbook-Mondo-Blu-ray-4K-Ultra-HD-2.jpg

Last edited:
Art is far from bad, but it's my least favourite of all the ones they could've gone with.
I'd say it's likely even my 2nd best for it .... I think itll look good as a steelbook compared to some the others. Just would have rather had Kurtz first.

I'd say it's likely even my 2nd best for it .... I think itll look good as a steelbook compared to some the others. Just would have rather had Kurtz first.
Their chosen art reminds me more of the Pop Art line. Kurtz definitely would've been my preferred choice too.

Francesco Francavilla probably best know previously for THE HOWLING
1604364167445.png
in the UK and HIGHLANDER in N. America
1604364393154.png
(as far as steelbook art is concerned).

I still need highlander from the old school wave :(

I still need highlander from the old school wave :(
thats one of the cheaper ones ... just be patient, USA had good healthy qty ... look to ebay etc. I suppose perhaps buy open and mint to save a good deal.

thats one of the cheaper ones ... just be patient, USA had good healthy qty ... look to ebay etc. I suppose perhaps buy open and mint to save a good deal.

I wouldn’t say cheaper ones but there’s been a few time’s over the years I’ve been outbid at the last second on eBay by like 50p/ £1. It’s been in my grasp a few times. It’s one of my saved searches anyway so I get a email every day if any are listed. Same with ex Machina too. Only 2 I need

I wouldn’t say cheaper ones but there’s been a few time’s over the years I’ve been outbid at the last second on eBay by like 50p/ £1. It’s been in my grasp a few times. It’s one of my saved searches anyway so I get a email every day if any are listed. Same with ex Machina too. Only 2 I need
ex is expensive. very rare.

re: highlander... really? wow .. feels like yesterday it was just $15 in the stores. It was one of the last ones to be in stock still at best buy.

its best to get it on BIN if one can ... earlier this year saw an auction go for $280. comps on BIN range from $75-150

it comes up so rarely , that all it takes is a couple people duking it out on bids ... so one would need to be quick if on BINs to get a good deal

ex is expensive. very rare.

re: highlander... really? wow .. feels like yesterday it was just $15 in the stores. It was one of the last ones to be in stock still at best buy.

yeah ex is very rare. I’ve come to terms with the fact I’ll most likely never own it. Yeah highlander dropped in price on your side but for the U.K. most eBay sales were still very expensive. I remember when you helped me out with about 6 of the older mondos and you looked for me at the time but highlander had sold out in your local store. There’s been about 30 occasions over the past 4/5 years I’ve been outbid by the smallest amount right at the last minute lol

the last couple have sold for £30 ish but I haven’t been able to bid recently due to funds. They mostly go for around £30-£50. i personally wouldn’t pay over £30 but that’s me. That’s my cut off. There’s 1 up for sale for £53 and one up for £247 + £29 shipping (From the states) lol. Both above my price range

yeah ex is very rare. I’ve come to terms with the fact I’ll most likely never own it. Yeah highlander dropped in price on your side but for the U.K. most eBay sales were still very expensive. I remember when you helped me out with about 6 of the older mondos and you looked for me at the time but highlander had sold out in your local store. There’s been about 30 occasions over the past 4/5 years I’ve been outbid by the smallest amount right at the last minute lol

the last couple have sold for £30 ish but I haven’t been able to bid recently due to funds. They mostly go for around £30-£50. i personally wouldn’t pay over £30 but that’s me. That’s my cut off. There’s 1 up for sale for £53 and one up for £247 + £29 shipping (From the states) lol. Both above my price range

If it makes you feel any better, I believe you are incorrect about being outbid by only like 50p/ £1.

If you put in a maximum bid of say £30 and somebody puts in a maximum bid of say £50 at the last second and he is the only one to bid higher than you, then his winning bid will only show as £30.5 or £31.

Even if you increase your bid at the last second to £40 his final bid will show as £40.5 or £41, still only 50p/ £1 higher than your last bid if he entered a maximum bid of £50.

So like I said, you have probably been outbid by more than you think. If somebody outbids you by £20 they don't have to pay the entire extra £20, just the extra amount above your bid...the 50p/ £1.

Hopefully I explained that clearly enough and didn't confuse things even more. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Flloydo
If it makes you feel any better, I believe you are incorrect about being outbid by only like 50p/ £1.

If you put in a maximum bid of say £30 and somebody puts in a maximum bid of say £50 at the last second and he is the only one to bid higher than you, then his winning bid will only show as £30.5 or £31.

Even if you increase your bid at the last second to £40 his final bid will show as £40.5 or £41, still only 50p/ £1 higher than your last bid if he entered a maximum bid of £50.

So like I said, you have probably been outbid by more than you think. If somebody outbids you by £20 they don't have to pay the entire extra £20, just the extra amount above your bid...the 50p/ £1.

Hopefully I explained that clearly enough and didn't confuse things even more. :LOL:

lol I know how eBay works mate. I’ve been buying and selling on it for 10 years. But still regardless of how much that final person bids it’s still outbid me by 50p/ £1 (and they were just examples. Sometimes I’m out by a few quid Like £3-£6 but not too much - was my point)

if we all looked at eBay that way we’d have no examples of how much we’ve been outbid by lol. And I’m sure the majority of us (that use eBay frequently) have been outbid on some close shaves multiple times. Modern day steel collector war stories

lol I know how eBay works mate. I’ve been buying and selling on it for 10 years. But still regardless of how much that final person bids it’s still outbid me by 50p/ £1 (and they were just examples. Sometimes I’m out by a few quid Like £3-£6 but not too much - was my point)

if we all looked at eBay that way we’d have no examples of how much we’ve been outbid by lol. And I’m sure the majority of us (that use eBay frequently) have been outbid on some close shaves multiple times. Modern day steel collector war stories

Me on eBay with 5 seconds to go....

IMG_4298.GIF.84d9d024aa679a7a66cefde05e6ed7c1.gif

Hello guys!
A short question... How the preorder on fnac concerning the payment? The payment is processed at the moment of ordering, or like at zavvi, in the moment of dispatch?
Regards!