Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: December 16, 2020
Purchase links: Cultura (ships only within France) - Amazon FR - FNAC
Price: €29.99

Captain-America-The-First-Avenger-Steelbook-Mondo-Blu-ray-4K-Ultra-HD.jpg

Captain-America-The-First-Avenger-Steelbook-Mondo-Blu-ray-4K-Ultra-HD-2.jpg

Last edited:
It's messing with my head as I can't tell what the slip is actually adding to what it looks like with it on :LOL::rofl:
You know you can scroll through the different photos in the Insta post @CurroSkywalker shared right? Because yeah, it is kinda confusing in the first image lol. Shows it quite clearly in the others however, but just in case you're still not seeing it... the slip basically features all the silver/reflective areas (text, stars and stripes).

You know you can scroll through the different photos in the Insta post @CurroSkywalker shared right? Because yeah, it is kinda confusing in the first image lol. Shows it quite clearly in the others however, but just in case you're still not seeing it... the slip basically features all the silver/reflective areas (text, stars and stripes).

Yeah that's why it's messing with me as even with swiping quickly my brain can't work it out :LOL::rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: Noodles
I want to buy several steelbooks from FNAC to UK. Since UK now isn't one of EU, am I going to be charged for taxes because 7-8 steelbooks cost over 100 pounds? Before 2021, taxes never happened to me from FNAC. Anyone knows?

I want to buy several steelbooks from FNAC to UK. Since UK now isn't one of EU, am I going to be charged for taxes because 7-8 steelbooks cost over 100 pounds? Before 2021, taxes never happened to me from FNAC. Anyone knows?
You’re best to check the gov.uk website, my understanding is that any goods from the EU you’ll be paying 20% VAT. You’ve always had to pay some form of VAT. Any goods over £135, you’ll be exposed to a custom duty fee.

Up to £135 and you're fine. 20% VAT is applicable on all imports, however as France already charge 20% VAT on their own sales nothing else is technically due to UK customs if the seller is UK VAT registered and already paying this to HMRC. Anything over £135 (including p&p) should be subject to import fees of around 3.3%.

Extra VAT or import fees are payable upfront for UK VAT registered companies, which I don't think FNAC are yet. So you run the risk of charges upon delivery from any EU non UK VAT registered company at the moment if they've not charged or reported VAT correctly upfront.

You should get away with ordering 4, possibly 5 MCU mondo's from FNAC. If any more just split your orders to be safe. You can't share postage fees then, but atleast you should avoid import fees.

If you're after this mondo set I'd highly suggest ordering all 6 in one go from amazon.fr, rather than fnac. They are UK VAT registered and are calculating all charges upfront at checkout. Currently you're able to order 6 of these without incurring any additional fees. It's over the £135 limit, but amazon are allowing it somehow.

Adding a 7th for example reduces each item value by €5, therefore removing French VAT, but adds import fees in it's place. I haven't come across another company removing the dispatching country's VAT in situations such as this other than Amazon yet though. So in other instances you're likely to get charged 23%..ish ontop of the entire order total (including their domestic VAT) upon import.

Last edited:
Up to £135 and you're fine. 20% VAT is applicable on all imports, however as France already charge 20% VAT on their own sales nothing else is technically due to UK customs if the seller is UK VAT registered and already paying this to HMRC. Anything over £135 (including p&p) should be subject to import fees of around 3.3%.

Extra VAT or import fees are payable upfront for UK VAT registered companies, which I don't think FNAC are yet. So you run the risk of charges upon delivery from any EU non UK VAT registered company at the moment if they've not charged or reported VAT correctly upfront.

You should get away with ordering 4, possibly 5 MCU mondo's from FNAC. If any more just split your orders to be safe. You can't share postage fees then, but atleast you should avoid import fees.

If you're after this mondo set I'd highly suggest ordering all 6 in one go from amazon.fr, rather than fnac. They are UK VAT registered and are calculating all charges upfront at checkout. Currently you're able to order 6 of these without incurring any additional fees. It's over the £135 limit, but amazon are allowing it somehow.

Adding a 7th for example reduces each item value by €5, therefore removing French VAT, but adds import fees in it's place. I haven't come across another company removing the dispatching country's VAT in situations such as this other than Amazon yet though. So in other instances you're likely to get charged 23%..ish ontop of the entire order total (including their domestic VAT) upon import.
thank you for your detailed reply. I choose FNAC because amazon's packaging is so unreliable....

thank you for your detailed reply. I choose FNAC because amazon's packaging is so unreliable....
Usually I'd agree with you, but given the current customs situation I'd say amazon is the safer bet. I ordered 4 MCU mondo steels from amazon.fr and they came in a box rather than their thin usual mailers.

Usually I'd agree with you, but given the current customs situation I'd say amazon is the safer bet. I ordered 4 MCU mondo steels from amazon.fr and they came in a box rather than their thin usual mailers.
Their packaging can be weird, the first two I ordered came side by side in a large cardboard mailer and then the second two came in a box.:wow: Just put in my order for the last 2 so I guess ill have to wait and see how they arrive.
With all that said, they have turned up in perfect condition so far :thumbs: I hope I haven't jinxed myself with saying that :rofl::cautious: