Release date: March 1, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £29.99

CE18E212-7DD3-431C-B081-22587CB9936F.jpeg

70D705C5-AE42-4D9F-955F-53BFC6D1398A.jpeg

50D937D6-A51A-45C5-899A-C03F1C0DF0B7.jpeg

C8D7A04E-4C3D-45EC-A775-68B3E0AE393B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody said anything about having them all over the space of 3-4 months, just eventually.

Also, it doesn't harm you for them to be released and for you to ignore them.

I want them and I will buy them all. :)

You don’t understand, if they do this, they will be released over a small amount of time lol. There’s already dates for the others and they are extremely close together... hence the phrase be careful What you wish for. And I collect mondo X so....... why would I want gaps when they are numbered and I support and collect the line

Even though I own the Disney animation and Pixar wave the line was better before Disney got involved. Now the collection has these chunks/ groups of these films in amongst what was a cool, random and quirky line. Luckily the Disney animation and Pixar bundle have exceptional art. Maybe if they picked better art for the MCU wave then it wouldn’t be so bad. But I 100% hope they don’t do the whole MCU.

Plus they have already released avengers. Whilst the new avengers art is easily the best of this MCU wave there’s no need for the mondo X line to have another. Now it’s turned to greed and money grabbing. Shame

Thought this was The Martian when I saw the thumbnail. I don't want to say the art is bad, because it's not and I love a lot of Chris's work, but there's other Mondo IM prints I would've preferred over this.
o
Well said. I'm not a big fan of the marvel logos on spine simply because the line doesnt have that with others. normally I would be a fan of that, but in the sake of Mondo X continuity it throws it off a bit ... will still look cool on shelf but i like that "same look" feel.

o
Well said. I'm not a big fan of the marvel logos on spine simply because the line doesnt have that with others. normally I would be a fan of that, but in the sake of Mondo X continuity it throws it off a bit ... will still look cool on shelf but i like that "same look" feel.

All the Disney Mondo X SteelBooks have a logo related to the movie on them as well.

You don’t understand, if they do this, they will be released over a small amount of time lol. There’s already dates for the others and they are extremely close together... hence the phrase be careful What you wish for. And I collect mondo X so....... why would I want gaps when they are numbered and I support and collect the line

Even though I own the Disney animation and Pixar wave the line was better before Disney got involved. Now the collection has these chunks/ groups of these films in amongst what was a cool, random and quirky line. Luckily the Disney animation and Pixar bundle have exceptional art. Maybe if they picked better art for the MCU wave then it wouldn’t be so bad. But I 100% hope they don’t do the whole MCU.

Plus they have already released avengers. Whilst the new avengers art is easily the best of this MCU wave there’s no need for the mondo X line to have another. Now it’s turned to greed and money grabbing. Shame
I understand, but what you want isn't necessarily what everybody else wants.
I will still buy them all regardless.

I know that the first Avengers version they did was in collaboration with BLUFANS even that you can't tell when you look at the steel ( as far as i can tell since i don't own one) But as you nicely said, this new version of the Avengers movie is simply stunning and the best one yet of this new wave. 100% agreed.

But what i don't understand is the greed and money grabbing ? if they already release a previous MCU titles and done it again, than i will be with you on this but it's not the case (exception for the Avengers movie) But why when, for example, WEET decided to release some MCU titles, or NOVA or Kimchi...etc, i didn't recall to see/read the same comments from collectors such as, there's enough releases of this or that..
What i want to say is that, if every premium retailer wants to release their own version of certain titles, why not ? I can appreciate the market saturation opinion but like @St4rlord mentionned, each can decide if they want them or not.
Probably not a lot of people will want them depending on art taste and such, so who knows if they will do the whole MCU

I know that the first Avengers version they did was in collaboration with BLUFANS even that you can't tell when you look at the steel ( as far as i can tell since i don't own one) But as you nicely said, this new version of the Avengers movie is simply stunning and the best one yet of this new wave. 100% agreed.

But what i don't understand is the greed and money grabbing ? if they already release a previous MCU titles and done it again, than i will be with you on this but it's not the case (exception for the Avengers movie) But why when, for example, WEET decided to release some MCU titles, or NOVA or Kimchi...etc, i didn't recall to see/read the same comments from collectors such as, there's enough releases of this or that..
What i want to say is that, if every premium retailer wants to release their own version of certain titles, why not ? I can appreciate the market saturation opinion but like @St4rlord mentionned, each can decide if they want them or not.
Probably not a lot of people will want them depending on art taste and such, so who knows if they will do the whole MCU

yeah the original blufans colab is cool. Nice variant slip too and it’s numbered.

so I meant money grabbing with the avengers title as a repeat (although different art they’ve now turned into a re release scheme which wasn’t a thing with the mondo X line before, plus it’s a small line with now a repeat in avengers) but also because the mondo x line has all been singular individual films but then they had a Disney wave which was Disney getting their mits involved with the mondo wave. They couldn’t just release one film like jungle book or Alice, they had to do a whole 7/8 film wave. The rest of the mondo line isn’t like that and now they are doing it again with the MCU. That’s my point. They stick out. The collection consists of these cool individual titles and then two Disney bunches (Disney animation/ Pixar & MCU). Don’t sit right with me

the weet/ kimchi/ Blufans etc are premiums so a bit different but trust me some are overkill, over saturating (like zavvi with exclusives a few years back) and some that have released WWA and WEA of the same title (nova guardians/ blufans spidey). There are still complaints. It’s not all about marvel. I love marvel and MCU but there’s more to steelbook collecting and film in general than just those titles. Then you have zavvi, they have a WWA line like what’s released everywhere else, then a lenti wave, then a 4K wave, now a mondo wave. Etc etc etc. It’s over kill. Pure and simple.

and it’s always the same titles too. Why another iron man? Why another cap etc. When some recent titles have barely been touched. It’s just over saturation and overkill

Reactions: Mararagan
But why when, for example, WEET decided to release some MCU titles, or NOVA or Kimchi...etc, i didn't recall to see/read the same comments from collectors such as, there's enough releases of this or that..

That's a good point.

Nobody complains about re-releases of Marvel when it's a premium WEA and they like the art or finish, all queuing up to suckle at the super limited teat.

If it's a 'bog standard mediocre' release though that doesn't tickle their pickle then how dare it be re-released! :rolleyes: :LOL:

I still don't understand why after years of re-releases people still complain when they can simply ignore and not buy it. Must be an illness.

I can appreciate both your arguments gentlemen, but something you mentionned @Flloydo that sadden me a bit and i think you're right about it, it's the example of the Disney wave. They only released a few titles of the Disney collection so you're probably right by saying they will probably ( and unfortunetly for me lol ) NOT release the whole saga

That's a good point.

Nobody complains about re-releases of Marvel when it's a premium WEA and they like the art or finish, all queuing up to suckle at the super limited teat.

If it's a 'bog standard mediocre' release though that doesn't tickle their pickle then how dare it be re-released! :rolleyes: :LOL:

I still don't understand why after years of re-releases people still complain when they can simply ignore and not buy it. Must be an illness.

yes there are complaints when premiums keep releasing or rereleasing marvel films. You can’t really count Blufans because they’ve attempted them as a first release on each film. That is a collection people try to complete. and nova with the old nova choice too but then they decided to randomly release a wea guardians, avengers 1 and 2 (although they look great its incredibly random) and then Nothing else. Weet Literally did the caps and the last few MCU releases. Another weird collection.

Mondo X aren’t a bog standard set of releases though. I love mondo art and the artists they use, the whole line is awesome. But then they’ve literally picked the worst art they could pick for the rest of this MCU wave bar black panther and avengers. I collect the line so yeah I’m annoyed and vocal and how terrible cap, iron man, guardians, strange and Thor look.
I don’t mind them releasing the MCU but we’ve literally just had a brilliant 4K wave from zavvi (that’s not even finished/ up to date yet - we still waiting for guardians 2, black panther, cap marvel and ant man and the wasp in that design as well as infinity war and end game to match the first 2 avenger 4K debossed steels - so there’s even more to come) with poster art and now this crap. They haven’t used their mondo magic to their full potential. It was once a unique line but they’ve ruined it with these artworks. At least (and like I’ve said previously) the Disney/ Pixar bundle have epic mondo art.

and your right, collecting and true collectors is a illness. It’s and addiction. You really have No idea what your talking about. Again, I collect this line, and I’m annoyed they couldn’t choose the epic mondo marvel arts for this wave. It’s lazy. So im vocal about it

I can appreciate both your arguments gentlemen, but something you mentionned @Flloydo that sadden me a bit and i think you're right about it, it's the example of the Disney wave. They only released a few titles of the Disney collection so you're probably right by saying they will probably ( and unfortunetly for me lol ) NOT release the whole saga

I think the fact that the majority of the Disney/ Pixar mondo steels never sold out bar one or two didn’t help. And zavvi still have some of the MCU 4K wave in stock too. Their print runs would of been huge compared to earlier mondo x releases plus it didn’t help that they are released all over the place in different territories.

but zavvi are excellent at over saturating. Just when you think they learn from their mistakes they full circle and start again

According to the chap on AVF who tends to break the news when it comes to Zavvi releases this is a genuine Zavvi exclusive and won't be sold anywhere else, conversely Zavvi apparently won't be getting the Mondo Avengers steel and that will remain a French exclusive

yes there are complaints when premiums keep releasing or rereleasing marvel films. You can’t really count Blufans because they’ve attempted them as a first release on each film. That is a collection people try to complete. and nova with the old nova choice too but then they decided to randomly release a wea guardians, avengers 1 and 2 (although they look great its incredibly random) and then Nothing else. Weet Literally did the caps and the last few MCU releases. Another weird collection.

Mondo X aren’t a bog standard set of releases though. I love mondo art and the artists they use, the whole line is awesome. But then they’ve literally picked the worst art they could pick for the rest of this MCU wave bar black panther and avengers. I collect the line so yeah I’m annoyed and vocal and how terrible cap, iron man, guardians, strange and Thor look.
I don’t mind them releasing the MCU but we’ve literally just had a brilliant 4K wave from zavvi (that’s not even finished/ up to date yet - we still waiting for guardians 2, black panther, cap marvel and ant man and the wasp in that design as well as infinity war and end game to match the first 2 avenger 4K debossed steels - so there’s even more to come) with poster art and now this crap. They haven’t used their mondo magic to their full potential. It was once a unique line but they’ve ruined it with these artworks. At least (and like I’ve said previously) the Disney/ Pixar bundle have epic mondo art.

and your right, collecting and true collectors is a illness. It’s and addiction. You really have No idea what your talking about. Again, I collect this line, and I’m annoyed they couldn’t choose the epic mondo marvel arts for this wave. It’s lazy. So im vocal about it

I think the fact that the majority of the Disney/ Pixar mondo steels never sold out bar one or two didn’t help. And zavvi still have some of the MCU 4K wave in stock too. Their print runs would of been huge compared to earlier mondo x releases plus it didn’t help that they are released all over the place in different territories.

but zavvi are excellent at over saturating. Just when you think they learn from their mistakes they full circle and start again
So you aren't getting them all then is what I think you are saying.

Unfortunately for you it is what it is.

All the Disney Mondo X SteelBooks have a logo related to the movie on them as well.
yeah i just mean every mondo x release. I have them all. I'll still ultimately get these, but i wont be rushed into it is all. Got some posters to sell next year , slim some of those down and then likely use those funds for this stuff even if paying a bit above retail.

Reactions: Stygian