Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £29.99

CE18E212-7DD3-431C-B081-22587CB9936F.jpeg

70D705C5-AE42-4D9F-955F-53BFC6D1398A.jpeg

50D937D6-A51A-45C5-899A-C03F1C0DF0B7.jpeg

C8D7A04E-4C3D-45EC-A775-68B3E0AE393B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Had my Dispatch email yesterday :whistle: :thumbs:
Looking forward to this arriving, cant wait to see what it looks like in hand.

Reactions: Mararagan
Why the hell did they change the colour from yellow/golden to red? What a shame!
It would seem to me that if the text/title is the same or a very similar colour to the background then you'd need to change the colour of one or the other or use the other colour as an outline.
TBH I'd have preferred a black outline around the gold on this IRON MAN 1 steelbook but as black and gold wasn't really a thing until IRON MAN 3 ...
1614345183966.png
1614349799927.png

... and as red and gold are the colours most associated with Iron Man I'm reluctantly forced to accept the decision
1614347262078.png
1614349616281.png

Reactions: Jamon-Jamon
Yes when I opened the box I didn't expect it to be red. The mock up is somewhat misleading, and a golden colour would have been what we expected. The red is only on the plastic sleeve but even so, i'm not really sure which would have looked better without seeing both colours in hand. I don't dislike the red completely but it is certainly not subtle.

Yes when I opened the box I didn't expect it to be red. The mock up is somewhat misleading, and a golden colour would have been what we expected. The red is only on the plastic sleeve but even so, i'm not really sure which would have looked better without seeing both colours in hand. I don't dislike the red completely but it is certainly not subtle.

The “Mondo steelbook” lettering on the slip is not longer white either, red on red, no contrast.... just the strangest decisions.

Wasn't crazy about it before (hence why I didn't order it), like it even less now. Really hope BR2049 comes out nice as I'm not crazy about how that's looking either

yes matte finish
This might have been such a great steel! Pity. Mondo steel for Guardians of the Galaxy resulted a great one (Avengers' and Captain's very good+, Black Panther's good, Thor's...auch, better send it to Asgard). Anyway, my Mondo IM should arrive in the next days but I am not any longer a happy feet-guy after looking at all your pictures (thanks guys!).

This might have been such a great steel! Pity. Mondo steel for Guardians of the Galaxy resulted a great one (Avengers' and Captain's very good+, Black Panther's good, Thor's...auch, better send it to Asgard). Anyway, my Mondo IM should arrive in the next days but I am not any longer a happy feet-guy after looking at all your pictures (thanks guys!).
dont get me wrong its still nice in hand (my pics probably dont do it justice) but of the marvel ones i have the order would be

avengers
gog
captain america
black panther
iron man
dr strange
thor

Reactions: Jamon-Jamon