Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: March 29, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £29.99

1606327528813.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Was kinda hoping these wouldn't turn up in the UK so I wouldn't be tempted to get them lol. I really don't want to buy all the MCU films on steel again as I only just recently got rid of my others, but Mondo X is a line I've loved and collected from the beginning and I really want to see it continue passed this flood of Marvel releases. Hopefully they throw some other titles in the mix soon (the rumoured Blade Runner 2049 would be very welcome) to keep me optimistic about this line.

I will pre order later today when general sale goes live around 6 PM

It though will depend on what happens with Zavvi orders delivered after January 1st 2021

Zavvi prices does not include Vat if delivery address is based outside UK
Only UK delivery address Vat is included in price

Zavvi don't remove the UK 20% Vat from list price for customers based outside UK they keep it :LOL: which is naughty

Customs in Rep of Ireland rarely bothered with Zavvi parcels shipped from Guernsey but that will change after January 1st 2021

I might end up cancelling lot of Zavvi pre orders that have a release date in 2021

I will test using Zavvi Ireland new website to see if that makes any difference for orders but at the moment no discount codes work on Zavvi Ireland Website

I was wondering if the Zavvi exclusivity mean that they are the only one selling it in UK and Amazon FR (and the other retailers in FR) will sell it for the Rest of Europe?

I was wondering if the Zavvi exclusivity mean that they are the only one selling it in UK and Amazon FR (and the other retailers in FR) will sell it for the Rest of Europe?
When Zavvi get a exclusive it means for UK
Zavvi are are a UK retailer no matter which Zavvi website you order from
A slight exception is with likes of EverthingBlu UK releases having a same Zavvi exclusive steekbook but these have slips booklets etc so they are different releases.

A same steelbook can be sold in other countries with other retailers
Some are trade wide or exclusive to a retailer in other countries

You can order this from a few retailers in France but these are the french release not UK release

Reactions: wongsifu
I decided to cancel all the 2021 Mondo X steelboks orders and other orders with a release date in 2021 that has a value over €22 from Zavvi for now

I don't want to be paying 23% Vat + €10 handling An Post fee for Vat collection on orders over value €22 with a release date in 2021
As Zavvi don't remove vat at chechout or show Vat has been paid it will make their steelbooks very expensive after January 1st 2021 due UK leaving EU customs union from that date.

All of the Zavvi Mondo x UK Steelbooks is over the value of €22

Custums in Rep of Ireland will be looking for Vat payment with orders shipped from UK or Guernsey from January 1st 2021

Amazon UK apply Rep of Ireland Vat rate at checkout and list as Vat paid so my existing pre orders with Amazon having a release date in 2021 are not affected
Zavvi orders don't have this

I might gets these Mondo X releases from Amazon France instead in the new year if still in stock then

Hopefully by July 1st Zavvi will do things correctly as in remove UK 20% vat at checkout and apply the EU delivery address Country Vat rate instead as they are meant to be doing from July 1st 2021
I fear Zavvi will just apply the EU Country Vat rate ontop of their UK listed prices without removing first the uk 20% Vat rate , If they do this then no more Zavvi orders

EU countries the €22 threshold to avoid Vat for items shipped from a non Eu country is gone from July 1st 2021