Jul 20, 2016
Canada
Release date: March 16, 2021
Purchase link: Amazon
Price: $19.99

81tisvP23mL._SL1500_.jpg

91Z4xtgqnaL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Odd choice. I wasn't into the whole BMX bike thing back in the day so I had no interest in seeing this movie at the time.
I still have no interest in watching this but It's Mondo X so I have to buy this.

I can't believe I'm going to buy a movie with Lori Loughlin in it.

I'm guessing she'll be out of prison by then :LOL:

Honestly, never heard of it. But watching the trailer actually has me really wanting to check it out lol. Diggin' that artwork too, so consider me in!

Never knew this movie even existed but it looks like Thrashin' but instead of skates its bikes and whithout Josh Brolin... looks like a fun 80's ride though, plus, im really liking the steelbook

This is a great throwback. Probably back further than half the members on here would remember lol
I was a teenager in the 80s.
Everbody laughed at and mocked this movie in its time. It deserves the same amount of reverance as PRAYER OF THE ROLLERBOYS.
For a little reference: the movie was directed by the inimitable Hal Needham. His previous movies leading up to RAD were CANNONBALL RUN, MEGAFORCE, STROKER ACE, and CANNONBALL RUN II.

100% in for this. Love the title choice and the poster. Haven't seen this in ages. ;)
Same here :wow: Been a long time since I see this film :whistle: will 100% be getting this.
Art looks brilliant :thumbs:

Reactions: spass
Reading elsewhere I see that a 4K+Blu-ray combo was released in the U.S. on May 22, 2020 by a company called Vinegar Syndrome (I don't know anything about them). It was limited to 12,000 copies which sold out. It's not a SteelBook but I guess it came in a special package (details below).

Packaging
Slipcover in original pressing
Lenticular cover
Figure/replica/props/memorabilia included

The back of the info card on the Vinegar Syndrome release shows that it's region "A" but another site says that the Blu-ray disc has been tested and it's Region Free.

This Mondo X SteelBook release is from Mill Creek Entertainment. I don't know anything about them either so I don't know if this Blu-ray disc will be Region Free or Region "A" only.

Here is the Mondo poster by JJ Harrison

Harrison_Rad_Sm_1024x.jpg

I tried to get the first release but missed out. That shows you what kind of following this movie has. VS is a well known in its circle. Its not mainstream but has a following just the same. That release sells for 3-4x the original price and that is with 12K copies.

Mill Creek doesnt have the best background, several really cheap and not up to par TV releases, but they wouldnt even exist on bluray otherwise. They have improved and I will assume this is the new 4k restored bluray for the release and not some DVD upscale.

I am thrilled to see this release because it really is awesome to see a Mondo release and on such an underrated gem from its time.