#049 Blade Runner 2049 (4K + Blu-ray Mondo x SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: March 22, 2021 (TBC)
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on January 30 at 12 PM Red Carpet, 6 PM general sale - UK Time)
Price: £29.99

7FD23E50-6518-4C18-BA82-92AA9ADC88D1.jpg

BAA1531D-1971-49A1-BD83-6D9A887BCD58.jpg

Last edited:
Now THIS is the type of stuff I want more of in the Mondo X line! Looks excellent, especially with the slip on. Although, I originally panicked upon opening mine as it appeared to have scratches all over the slip, but turns out it has a plastic film around it that you peel off.

In comparison to the original draft the images are not compressed/jolted anymore but they somehow messed up the title placement in the final product.
View attachment 500716

Thanks. They shouldn't have screwed anything up for the price, although not sure I care too much about this error, it's obvious what the movie is and the art is more important. Not sure though, why Steelbook had to be printed on the spine - it's pretty obvious it's a steelbook.

Thanks. They shouldn't have screwed anything up for the price, although not sure I care too much about this error, it's obvious what the movie is and the art is more important. Not sure though, why Steelbook had to be printed on the spine - it's pretty obvious it's a steelbook.

What is the price point at which it's OK to make mistakes?

All Mondo X SteelBooks have the STEELBOOK logo on the spine. All 51 of them including the variants.

The way they split up the title is bizarre. In the mockup it was readable, now it just looks like shapes.

Ninjas, check out @gAnX giveaway, link below, he's giving one open copy for one lucky winner:

• Thanks
Reactions: Mararagan and gAnX
Personally really not a fan of this Steelbook, I didn't like the artwork anyway but went for it A- because of the film and B- because it's part of the Mondo line but it's probably the worst of the Mondo steelbooks I own (granted I don't own all of them)

In a certain light the finish looks up there with the old Canadian 1989 Batman Steelbook I used to own, really weird as it's not rough feeling to touch but like I said in a certain light it looks it. Minimal spot glossing as well as I hoped that would save it

A waste of £30 (n)

My copies arrived yesterday in Canada which is exactly 1 week after the Wednesday dispatch. I think that's the fastest I've ever received anything from Zavvi here.

Usually Zavvi dispatches stuff from Guernsey on Thursday or Friday before the Monday release date.

So I received this only 2 days after the official release date of March 22nd. :happy:

Reactions: Shark
Arrived today from zavveh... and 16 euros of customs holy geez.

Anyways, not to complain, because anyways it is a plastic slip.. but it came scratched. On the upper part, the scratches form an X. But the shrinkwrap was perfectly fine. How's that possible?

these damnit mondo slip:(