Release date: July 25th, 2016
Purchase link: HMV UK
Price: £22.99
HDN Group Buy: Hosted by Naughtius Maximus

1.jpg

2.jpg

kr_SWCHn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
John Goodman is brilliant in everything he's in but the first Cloverfield and shakey cam/found footage films aren't to my tastes. Will check it out some time though.

John Goodman is brilliant in everything he's in but the first Cloverfield and shakey cam/found footage films aren't to my tastes. Will check it out some time though.
Don't think this has any of the dizzy-making found-footage malarkey of the very different (and very successful) CLOVERFIELD . . . fingers crossed that that's true . . . and from what I've read the resemblance between the two films is more "blood-brothers" or "sisters" than a sequel - after all, it's not entitled CLOVERFIELD 2 and one of the two working titles was THE CELLAR.
Furthermore, the whole thing was reportedly shot and edited before anyone had the idea to change the title - although maybe that report can be taken with a pinch of salt . . .

As Mr. Abrams himself says, "I was surprised every time that people asked me about a sequel . . . I've always thought it's so cool that people cared enough about that movie to want more of it . . . I knew there was something out there that could justify a continuation, just maybe not in the way people expect . . . It's a wholly original story with different characters different monsters, different everything . . .but, and this is such a strange thing to say, every time we'd talk about the script it would feel like the same colour as CLOVERFIELD - it was this vibe I had . . . it felt to me like if we're able to authentically connect this movie to the other which has been a curious source of interest to a lot of people it might give this movie the kind of attention it deserves and do so by making public this thing that we are feeling privately which was that this literally feels like the sister movie to "Cloverfield" . . . not a sequel, something of a younger sibling . . . the DNA is from the same place but these are absolutely individual people."
Make of that what you will but the gist of it seems pretty clear to me.

Don't think this has any of the dizzy-making found-footage malarkey of the very different (and very successful) CLOVERFIELD . . . fingers crossed that that's true . . . and from what I've read the resemblance between the two films is more "blood-brothers" or "sisters" than a sequel - after all, it's not entitled CLOVERFIELD 2 and one of the two working titles was THE CELLAR.
Furthermore, the whole thing was reportedly shot and edited before anyone had the idea to change the title - although maybe that report can be taken with a pinch of salt . . .

As Mr. Abrams himself says, "I was surprised every time that people asked me about a sequel . . . I've always thought it's so cool that people cared enough about that movie to want more of it . . . I knew there was something out there that could justify a continuation, just maybe not in the way people expect . . . It's a wholly original story with different characters different monsters, different everything . . .but, and this is such a strange thing to say, every time we'd talk about the script it would feel like the same colour as CLOVERFIELD - it was this vibe I had . . . it felt to me like if we're able to authentically connect this movie to the other which has been a curious source of interest to a lot of people it might give this movie the kind of attention it deserves and do so by making public this thing that we are feeling privately which was that this literally feels like the sister movie to "Cloverfield" . . . not a sequel, something of a younger sibling . . . the DNA is from the same place but these are absolutely individual people."
Make of that what you will but the gist of it seems pretty clear to me.

I think because the word sequel or remake is not favoured these days. I mean Halloween 3 has no link to the original but it's still a sequel, right? What are the chances Paramount pair this with Cloverfield in a combo pack. ;)

Paramount like doing different artwork for different retailers/countries so I hope we get some variety with this SB. The US/Canada artwork wouldn't put me off buying it but I'm sure there's better artwork out there.

im happy to hear HMV have the exclusive for this! I've preordered it although I've not seen movie and know absolutely nothing about it but trailer has me sold. Interested in what the final art will look like not to keen on the place holder there's nothing scary about a mail box ( even a haunted one)

Okay so I've just seen this and loved it but I won't be paying that current price. I'll wait for a drop

My thoughts on the film are in the movie/ trailer section which does include spoilers and how I think it ties into the cloverfield universe and what we know from the current ARG plus I've been following the ARG for the last month and half so some background info on certain characters I personally think is crucial but then that all makes sense if you know the background to cloverfield and certain characters not in the film plus companies involved with cloverfield

I think some people who don't know the background story and ARG of both films going to watch this thinking cloverfield 2 will be annoyed but then again JJ/ director and cast has stated its a blood relative a few times. But if you go in seeing this without knowing all the info and just want a cool film then you should enjoy

Poop artwork confirmed (n)
kr_SWCHn.jpg
CDk_RQN5.jpg

I actualy don't mind it, but would prefer if the back was swapped for the front. Think it would look a little better.

I loved the film so I'll be 100% getting it. Just not at the current price

Reactions: Noodles
I don't mind the artwork, I just wish they'd drop the "Monsters come in many forms" tagline from the front.
Also agree that the back art should be the front & vice versa. That blue color on the front would seem more tonally appropriate.

Reactions: Flloydo