Feb 28, 2011
UK
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Tomb Raider 2

Genre: Action, Adventure

Director: Ben Wheatley

Cast: Alicia Vikander

Release: 2021-03-19

Plot: The sequel to 2018 film "Tomb Raider".

MGM & Warner Bros Starts Climb Toward ‘Tomb Raider 2,’ Amy Jump To Write Script

Get ready for another Tomb Raider with Alicia Vikander. MGM and Warner Bros have hired Amy Jump to write the script for the sequel. Sources said Vikander liked what she was in Jump’s scripting.

SOURCE

giphy.gif

WHAT REALLY?
I thought for sure this would be dead as it bombed pretty hard at the US box office.

But just looking into it now... apparently it made $275 Mil worldwide!? Shocked.

But I'm all for more Tomb Raider. Bring it on!

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
giphy.gif

WHAT REALLY?
I thought for sure this would be dead as it bombed pretty hard at the US box office.

But just looking into it now... apparently it made $275 Mil worldwide!? Shocked.

But I'm all for more Tomb Raider. Bring it on!
Me too, but I ain't complaining. :D

Will be interesting to see where Amy Jump takes this too, since all of her previous writing credits are for Ben Wheatley's films, most of which are kinda weird/dark IMO.

part 1 is the best Tomb Raider movie so far, but still not Tomb Raider enough.
hope they really do part 2 and more important with the same cast & crew.

March 19, 2021 !

Ben Wheatley has been set to direct MGM’s Tomb Raider sequel, with the studio setting a release date of March 19, 2021. Alicia Vikander is reprising her role as the treasure-hunting action heroine Lara Croft. Amy Jump is writing the sequel script and Graham King is producing through his GK Films banner, and Elizabeth Cantillon.

• Wow
Reactions: Noodles and kaw
@Drum18 Interesting choice for a director! I have a little more confidence in this being something different then just a sequel to a video game movie now.
This might actually be... dare i say it... good?

This is such strange news but I’m all for it. Never thought I’d see the day Wheatley directing a “blockbuster”

This will be dark, if you’ve seen his other work, then you know. Kill list is one of the greatest British psychological horror thrillers going. Imagine tomb raider being like that lol. Would be weird, but welcoming

I guess their choice of director should've been obvious as soon as they hired Amy Jump to write, because as I previously mentioned a few posts up... all of her past writing credits have been for Wheatley's films.

Definitely a interesting choice, and not one I'm too sure about, but am very intrigued to see where he/they take it!

• Informative
Reactions: kaw
Some updates:

Tomb Raider 2 might have been delayed indefinitely from its March 2021 release, but the sequel is happening (despite our doubts over it) and it has an exciting new writer and director.

It was confirmed in January 2021 that Lovecraft Country showrunner Misha Green is taking over from Ben Wheatley as director. Green is writing the sequel too, replacing Amy Jump who was working on the Wheatley version.

Wheatley told The Hollywood Reporter that his exit was purely down to the sequel being delayed as a result of the ongoing global situation, leading to him making pandemic horror In the Earth instead.

Reactions: Drum18
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database