Feb 28, 2011
UK
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Fantastic Four

Genre: Action, Adventure, Family, Science Fiction

Director: Jon Watts

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
When the Disney-Fox deal completed, everyone immediately wanted to know when we’d see the Fantastic Four and X-Men in the MCU. Kevin Feige has publicly said it’ll be a “very long time” for the X-Men, as they don’t factor into the five-year plan they’re working off of, but he was specific in mentioning the Mutants. He hasn’t commented on Marvel’s First Family.

Today The GWW is reporting that Marvel is targeting a 2022 release date for the MCU Fantastic Four reboot. I can back up their report as I have heard from two separate and independent sources that they are targeting a release around that year. It’s said to be a pretty high priority within Marvel Studios due to what the title means to the company. Fantastic Four was Stan Lee’s first superhero creation in the 1960s and kicked off the Marvel we know today.

Marvel is said to have an in-house director ready with a pitch, which is set in the 1960s and skips the origin of the famous heroes. The GWW’s report says they believe it to be Peyton Reed, which would make a lot of sense as back in 2003 he pitched a 60’s Fantastic Four movie to Fox prior to them making the Tim Story version.

There are currently three MCU movies set for release in 2022, and the July 29th date (which normally would be an Ant-Man movie) seems to make a lot of sense for the debut of Marvel’s First Family in the MCU.

Kevin Feige is expected to reveal at least a few years of MCU movies in Hall H at San Diego Comic Con next month. Just a Fantastic Four logo on the screen would be enough to “win” that Hall for yet a

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
When the Disney-Fox deal completed, everyone immediately wanted to know when we’d see the Fantastic Four and X-Men in the MCU. Kevin Feige has publicly said it’ll be a “very long time” for the X-Men, as they don’t factor into the five-year plan they’re working off of, but he was specific in mentioning the Mutants. He hasn’t commented on Marvel’s First Family.

Today The GWW is reporting that Marvel is targeting a 2022 release date for the MCU Fantastic Four reboot. I can back up their report as I have heard from two separate and independent sources that they are targeting a release around that year. It’s said to be a pretty high priority within Marvel Studios due to what the title means to the company. Fantastic Four was Stan Lee’s first superhero creation in the 1960s and kicked off the Marvel we know today.

Marvel is said to have an in-house director ready with a pitch, which is set in the 1960s and skips the origin of the famous heroes. The GWW’s report says they believe it to be Peyton Reed, which would make a lot of sense as back in 2003 he pitched a 60’s Fantastic Four movie to Fox prior to them making the Tim Story version.

There are currently three MCU movies set for release in 2022, and the July 29th date (which normally would be an Ant-Man movie) seems to make a lot of sense for the debut of Marvel’s First Family in the MCU.

Kevin Feige is expected to reveal at least a few years of MCU movies in Hall H at San Diego Comic Con next month. Just a Fantastic Four logo on the screen would be enough to “win” that Hall for yet a
Beat you to it by 1 minute. :p

• Thanks
Reactions: Space Cadet
am I the only one who doesnt care for another xmen or FF movie, especially not MCU based?

MCU are doing phenomenally well on the lesser known and more obscure characters so believe they should continue that way

Reactions: Chievera
I for one certainly don't care for another installment of either, the FF movies were easily the worst Marvel films I've seen and a few of the X-Men releases weren't far behind them.

Reactions: Chievera
am I the only one who doesnt care for another xmen or FF movie, especially not MCU based?

MCU are doing phenomenally well on the lesser known and more obscure characters so believe they should continue that way

I've never been a huge FF fan with my only real exposure to them being the awful films however there's some really cool associated characters who I'm looking forward to getting the MCU treatment namely Silver Surfer, Galactus and Doctor Doom (the latter two could easily be the MCU's next big major threat)

As for the X-Men they've always been my favourite, ever since the 90's animated cartoon but until Dark Phoenix the films always played it really safe so again I'm looking forward to MCU taking them into Space etc. but audiences do need a period to forget the Fox films before those characters are rebooted again

• Thanks
Reactions: Robles

ff.png

Reactions: Drum18
The fools on twitter hating on watts. Fools, he made 2 of the best spideys. Can’t wait for his fantastic 4

But please please please please please please cast Krasinski and blunt or ill scream till I die!

nLu2TaYDYuaH4lEUEfMCyn6SakG.jpg

Title: Fantastic Four

Genre: Action, Adventure, Family, Science Fiction

Director: Jon Watts

Mods, why not use as OP one with title, genre, director etc ... and not saying because I posted it, but because it makes threads look similar and easier to follow ... just IMO. :naughty:

Did you miss my message last night in the PM?

It has to be her. Best casting ever. If they have her then I won’t mind Penn Badgley as Reed

As I said last night I won’t mind if it’s Jodie comer, Amanda seyfried or Lily James but I’d prefer Comer. Then seyfried and James can play x men characters (lily as rogue maybe)

Did you miss my message last night in the PM?

It has to be her. Best casting ever. If they have her then I won’t mind Penn Badgley as Reed

As I said last night I won’t mind if it’s Jodie comer, Amanda seyfried or Lily James but I’d prefer Comer. Then seyfried and James can play x men characters (lily as rogue maybe)

I'm all for Comer in the MCU but I wanted Blunt for that character

Reactions: Flloydo
I'm all for Comer in the MCU but I wanted Blunt for that character
I did want blunt. But that’s just not happening. And I only wanted blunt if krasinski was reed. We’ve already had the fan service version in MoM. They want younger actors I’m afraid. Plus I’m certain I see a video once with blunt getting very annoyed about constantly being asked and said she can’t commit to signing up to multiple films over a 10 year span. So yeah as much as I wanted her it’s just not happening

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database