bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: 355

Director: Simon Kinberg

Cast: Jessica Chastain, Sebastian Stan, Penélope Cruz, Lupita Nyong'o, Edgar Ramírez, Fan Bingbing, Diane Kruger

Plot: Follows a group of top female agents from government agencies around the globe as they try to stop an organization from acquiring a deadly weapon to send the world into chaos.

Liked it, as expected. Pretty much couldn't with such actresses. Although happy to see Penelope Cruz, she's still beautiful, her character spends most of the movie whining and afraid. Jessica Chastain is supposed to be the main hero here, but I got the most pleasure of watching Diane Kruger - as often happened before, be it a French, German, or 'American' movie, her character stands out, and kicks the most ass here. When others are busy 'considerately' knocking out some goon, she doesn't give a flying frak, and just kills them. When others are trying to find something out, she literally shoots first, and asks questions later.

It looks ok... but I feel a bad "Charlie's Angel meet Ocean's 8" vibe coming out... hope i'm mistaken...
It's not like the light heist fair that is Ocean's 8, or crap fest Angels remake.
It's rather serious, with more deaths, than one would expect from the genre, and the girls basically fail the whole movie time after time, until they arm up, like Schwarzenegger in Commando, Chastain's character gets beat up many times, and the fighting technique seems legitimate, it just isn't filmed as well, as in Atomic Blonde.

Overall I wish it turned into a few films, but seeing as it failed in theaters for some reason, maybe catching a backlash to all the forced 'wokeness' lately, which isn't here much, I just hope for a good home media edition for this one film.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database