Jul 20, 2016
Canada
Release date: September 10, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy.ca
Price: CDN $44.99

1563720210090.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: kitsune
Interesting. I wonder IGN that isn a short supply or a high demand driven result.

From what I've been reading in different places a lot of people have mentioned that Ratatouille, more than any of the other titles, is the one they want most. Except for Wall-E and Up which will probably come later with A Bug's Life and Cars 3.

From what I've been reading in different places a lot of people have mentioned that Ratatouille, more than any of the other titles, is the one they want most. Except for Wall-E and Up which will probably come later with A Bug's Life and Cars 3.
While I"m getting it in the USA, I have to say this one and Nemo are probably at the top of my list....Maybe Wall-E too. Up I like, but not as much as Wall-E. Fortunately, these never sell out in the US. No idea why they operate differently in CA.

There's no way I would pay for those 50$ a piece. The arts are terrible compared to the Future Shop Originals and also the Zavvi's. Not a single chance!

While I"m getting it in the USA, I have to say this one and Nemo are probably at the top of my list....Maybe Wall-E too. Up I like, but not as much as Wall-E. Fortunately, these never sell out in the US. No idea why they operate differently in CA.

Population. With the US having over 300 million people and Canada having around 34 million people there are a lot less copies of SteelBooks in Canada. Also, Best Buy Canada doesn't stock SteelBooks in stores (exceptionally rare when they do) so people don't see 15-20 copies in the store and therefore aren't tempted to buy it.

• Thanks
Reactions: Steely-Booked
Ratatouille is the first one to sell out from the new Pixar batch.
"There's nowt so strange as folk" as they say over here . . . although great fun movie the same can't honestly be said - hand on heart - about the artwork and even with a glossy finish and debossed title it will never match up to the two below.

The minimalist/abstract UK steelbook front cover was interesting and with great back art, a top finish and embossed artwork / title puts that steel in second place for me after the French one:-
UK
1564014177324.png

France
1564015235260.png

... although I also quite like the clean look of the DVD tin:-
1564014679050.png
1564014649338.png

That’s so odd to me. Certainly not in the top of my list for Pixar movies. Probably nearer the bottom of the list for me, personally.

• Wow
Reactions: kitsune