BANNED
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Twisters (2024)

Genre: Action, Adventure

Director: Lee Isaac Chung

Release: 2024-07-19

Plot: A sequel to the 1996 film about stormchasing scientists studying tornados.

Let me have a wild guess what this film will be about.....
Battle of the Twisters! Winner takes 100% ownership of the brand name.

640x640.jpeg vs tumbnail_ca828730-be62-4e38-bced-6bbcbd889969_4.jpeg

I think this looks fantastic. Loved the original too but this also looks great.
Nah, actors are far too dull. Visuals look fine but it’s just dull. Plot/ story just looks the exact same

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Dull!? EEK! How dare you. Glen Powell is a delight.
I liked him in scream queens. That’s about it. Role looks too similar to Paxtons it’s pointless. This cast is nothing on the original cast. Just seems so pointless to me

I don't know why this movie needs to exist, but I like Kiernan Shipka and love Daisy Edgar-Jones, so will watch it because of them.
Annoying trailer again with the same boom-bang, clang-clang-clang sounds like in every single other trailer. I mean by this point I'm dying for the 'In a World' voice over...

Nah, actors are far too dull. Visuals look fine but it’s just dull. Plot/ story just looks the exact same
Right, looks like a scene-by-scene copy, like Psycho with Vince Vaughn.

Reactions: Flloydo
Wait, so is this an actual sequel or a remake? Cast is great, but it really does just feel like a retelling of the original.

Twister was one of my favorites when I was younger. This trailer is really not very well cut and seems rushed, but I'm excited for this sequel/reboot! I'm pleasantly surprised by how reminiscent it is of the original.

Remember Bill Paxton's character in the original? He was known, in his younger days, as "the extreme" for being so daring against the Tornadoes. Seems like Glen's character is an homage to that and I would say he is the perfect guy for it.

I just hope they don't forget what made the original so much fun which was the awesome ensemble. Even with the campy moments the group felt very much like a real group largely due to having good actors and the great chemistry between Paxton, Hunt, Hoffman and the rest.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database