Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: May 25, 2021
Purchase link: DiabolikDVD
Price: $34.99
Notes: Limited edition SteelBook and rigid slipcase featuring newly commissioned artwork by Matt Griffin – Double-sided fold-out poster – Limited edition booklet featuring writing on the film by Rabin, and an excerpt of Gilliam on Gilliam by Ian Christie”

47436_9_12_MONKEYS_SLIPCASE_EXPLODED_US_V17-scaled.jpg

CONTENTS:

– High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation

– Optional DTS 5.1 Master Audio and 2.0 stereo soundtracks

– Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing

– Audio commentary by Terry Gilliam and producer Charles Roven

– The Hamster Factor and Other Tales of Twelve Monkeys, feature-length making-of documentary by Keith Fulton and Louis Pepe (Lost in La Mancha)

– The Film Exchange with Terry Gilliam, a 1996 interview with Gilliam and film critic Jonathan Romney, recorded at the London Film Festival

– Appreciation by Ian Christie, author of Gilliam on Gilliam

– The Twelve Monkeys Archives

– Theatrical trailer

Last edited by a moderator:
What does rigid slipcase mean?

I think it's just meant to distinguish it from most slip cases for movies, which are pretty flimsy. The US doesn't typically get Steelbooks with slip covers. The slip covers are typically the ones around Blu-ray or 4K cases. But compared to other premium releases, it's probably the same. Just a harder cardboard that doesn't easily bend

I have a saying, " no matter how much the packaging lowers or crushes the imagery of the movie, the movie itself stays in tact. "
Having said that, this still remains as one of my all time favorite films, bar none.

What does rigid slipcase mean?
Rigid means unable to bend or be forced out of shape; not flexible
It's strong cardboard

It's a type of slipbox that Arrow use on some releases
Also used by
Eureka/88 Films/StudioCanal/Powerhouse Films/Sevond Sight Films with some of their releases.

Looks like Target might be getting this as well.

Looks like Target might be getting this as well.

The steelbook without slipcase is available from mutiliple retailers in USA as usual

Amazon USA
Amazon product

The slipcase edition is exclusive to DiabolikDVD in USA and Zavvi in UK