12 Monkeys (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Arrow Video) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Jan 31, 2014
Release date: May 24, 2021
Purchase links: Zavvi (Red Carpet Exclusive) - Zavvi (Standard Edition) (Pre-order on February 26 at 3 PM - UK time)
Price: £17.99 (Standard Edition) - £22.99 (Red Carpet Exclusive)
Notes: Red Carpet exclusive version with rigid slipcase and double-sided fold-out poster

12898288-1684842739478262.jpg12M (RC EX) (contents).jpg

12898288-1744842739674627.jpg 12898288-1724842739628142.jpg 12898288-4294842739570659.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
intriguing - i have just checked mine and it's not streaky at all. :wow: maybe i got lucky, or a rogue good copy got out, if you're right! :)
Maybe it's a matter of opinion then, but I've seen a few, owned one, and haven't been impressed with the finish. Arrow's won't be much better, but it's basic black streaky matte I can't stand.

Never in a million years would I have guessed the art was by Matt Griffin... I usually love his work, but this just isn't doing it for me unfortunately. Also, using the same art twice for a single edition is bad enough, but FOUR times?! I'm sure by now Arrow can afford to at least pay artists a bit more to come up with a little something extra, especially if it'd help sell their product better.

i showed this - just the image only, blocking out the words - to my Significant Other and asked them to guess the film. they said: "Outbreak?"

it's great that people who missed the original can have a chance to own a steel of the film, and i'm glad it's not the same as the old one for a bit of variety - but the old one is so. much. better.

View attachment 499032

will this release also have spot gloss, embossing and the proper logo? 'course not.
Completely forgot about that steel and the fact that I own it lol. Makes passing on this one even easier!

• Haha
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Disastrous Artwork... i actually find it hard to believe this is Matt's work.... he's a tremendous artist but he completely failed this one...

Last edited:
This has a spot gloss finish for anyone who's interested. Not a lot, just the visor on the front and the screens on the back. Welcome change for arrow though, very rarely have spot gloss steels. Only other one I can think of off hand is robocop.

This has a spot gloss finish for anyone who's interested. Not a lot, just the visor on the front and the screens on the back. Welcome change for arrow though, very rarely have spot gloss steels. Only other one I can think of off hand is robocop.
The has been a few steelbooks recently from Arrow that have had spot gloss these was released after Robocop and there has been a few before robocop

Examples
If you not aware the most recent release before 12 monkeys
Elvira steelbook has spot gloss on front and back

American werewolf in london has spot gloss on the eyes

Last edited:
The has been a few steelbooks recently from Arrow that have had spot gloss these was released after Robocop

If you not aware the most recent release before 12 monkeys
Elvira steelbook has spot gloss on front and back
Oh nice, good to see they do occasionally release steels with higher quality finishes over the likes of carrie and candyman etc...

It's very rare I really like the films Arrow release to be honest, so I'm not all that familiar with every release they put out. I think I only own a handful at the moment actually...

Pitch Black 4K
Waterworld SE
Fear and Loathing SE
Southland Tales
Donnie Darko 4K
Donnie Darko Steel
Robocop Steel
12 Monkeys Steel

Oh nice, good to see they do occasionally release steels with higher quality finishes over the likes of carrie and candyman etc...

It's very rare I really like the films Arrow release to be honest, so I'm not all that familiar with every release they put out. I think I only own a handful at the moment actually...

Pitch Black 4K
Waterworld SE
Fear and Loathing SE
Southland Tales
Donnie Darko 4K
Donnie Darko Steel
Robocop Steel
12 Monkeys Steel
I have majority of arrow steelbook releases
I'm only missing the following steelbooks

UK releases
Foxy Brown