Damaged SteelBook™ (From Retailers/Accidents) Sympathy & Venting!

Do you own a dented or damaged steelbook

• Yes

Votes: 324 91.0%
  • No

Votes: 32 9.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Hi All,

It looks like our former thread has become unavailable, so I am posting a new one. Feel free to post pics and share your worst experiences with damaged Steelbooks as received from retailers. I've stickied this one for now.

Thanks,
DB

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the spines on my brothers OO7 steels broke apart the other day, I was lookin at them and opened one of them up, and it split down the middle at the spine. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue, and if this is caused by over use or what?

since the first thread got lost in the remodel heres a repost of my recent damage:

And a HUGE thanks to Digitalbabe for the reincarnation of this thread!

a>

Last edited:
I cut it off, then got p*ssed and took some point off the FSK logo. LOL

Does anyone have experience successfully fixing dented Steelbooks?
My Arkham City Joker Steelbook came with a dented corner that I really want to fix. :/
A pic:
jokersteeldamage.jpg

Also, how does one go about taking apart a Steelbook (and then putting it all back together)? The front cover of my Joker Steelbook has some marks and I would love to switch that front cover with one of the ones I got from Future Shop's front cover so that the Steelbook can be more perfect.

Repair a dent is something I've tried a few times, but I'll be honest I've not been totally successful. I have however made dents close to invisible, around 90% perfect.
I use a very clean and flat surface. Very gently pop off the front or rear that's dented. Then with very slight pressure I use my laptop stylus (hard plastic tip) and gradually rub out the dent from the other side.
Managed to repaire the corner dent on my last samurai steel, which is printed inside too, and the art work inside is perfect, untouched.
I did this without fear as amazon.ca sent me a replacement, so I didn't mind trying it out.

Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
I had the same problem with a Steelbook too - for me it was Iron Man FS! I used a screwdriver wrapped in a towel (to avoid scratches) and gently pushed the dent out. Now it looks nearly perfect and you really have to look closely in order to see aything at all. Good luck!

Last edited:
I´m looking for one too. I only found empty G1 Steelbooks on Amazon. if anybody knew a source for empty G2 Steels that would be a great help! Thanks.

Got this from eBay about 2 years ago, it came it a tiny dent on the spine, i tried to fix and look what happened. lol

IMG00349-20111025-1639-1.jpg

Damn Jimmy you showed that steel no mercy! It reminds of me of Father ted where the car has a little dent and he keeps tapping away a bit more until its a total wreck! Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.