Sherlock Holmes (Blu-ray SteelBook)(Amazon.jp Exclusive) [Japan]

darczap

Premium Supporter
Aug 16, 2010
NJ
Thanks to urbeenjammin for originally posting these.
Release Date: March 9th, 2012
Price: ¥ 2,554
Buy Link: Amazon JP

Here's the Amazon JP SteelBook page showing a few more titles with inside art

attachment.php

Attachments

• Sherlock Holmes.jpg
    Sherlock Holmes.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 308
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pics.

Shame that Inception isn't 2 disc.
What's one the other disc?

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Paid the invoice and picked up my parcel from DHL, can't wait to get home cause I also got T2 2.0 & LTBF from my man jimk too, both boxes are in the boot of my car :scat:

5.1 Inception Soundtrack (Disc 2, HD, 39 minutes): Hans Zimmer's pulse-pounding film score is presented in 5.1 surround sound via a captivating DTS-HD Master Audio mix. The only downside? Rather than fill the experience with concept art, production photos or film stills, the screen simply remains black during all ten tracks. Even the option to listen to the score with some sort of visual component would have been appreciated. That being said, I listened to the entire soundtrack while writing my review. Not a bad way to spice up a few otherwise tedious hours.

Dreams: Cinema of the Subconscious (Disc 2, HD, 44 minutes): Joseph Gordon Levitt hosts this initially meandering, eventually engrossing dream documentary which assembles a string of doctors, psychologists, theorists, authors, professors and other experts to dissect the science of sleep. It's a bit pretentious by its very nature, but bear with its shortcomings - it's well worth watching.

Inception: The Cobol Job (Disc 2, HD, 15 minutes): This Inception prequel unfolds courtesy of a beautiful Motion Comic, and explains how Cobb, Arthur and Nash were enlisted by Cobol Engineering. Diehard fans of the film will be especially interested in this one.

Project Somnacin: Confidential Files (Disc 2, HD): Access the "highly secure" tech files and schematics for Inception's dream-share technology through this BD-Live portal.

Conceptual Art Gallery (Disc 2, HD): More than thirty pieces of concept art and pre-production paintings are available.

Promotional Art Archive (Disc 2, HD): Peruse the film's domestic and international movie posters.

Trailers and TV Spots (Disc 2, HD, 16 minutes): A theatrical teaser, two full trailers and thirteen TV spots round out the package.

$40 for an incomplete Steelbook seems too much to me.

5.1 Inception Soundtrack (Disc 2, HD, 39 minutes): Hans Zimmer's pulse-pounding film score is presented in 5.1 surround sound via a captivating DTS-HD Master Audio mix. The only downside? Rather than fill the experience with concept art, production photos or film stills, the screen simply remains black during all ten tracks. Even the option to listen to the score with some sort of visual component would have been appreciated. That being said, I listened to the entire soundtrack while writing my review. Not a bad way to spice up a few otherwise tedious hours.

Dreams: Cinema of the Subconscious (Disc 2, HD, 44 minutes): Joseph Gordon Levitt hosts this initially meandering, eventually engrossing dream documentary which assembles a string of doctors, psychologists, theorists, authors, professors and other experts to dissect the science of sleep. It's a bit pretentious by its very nature, but bear with its shortcomings - it's well worth watching.

Inception: The Cobol Job (Disc 2, HD, 15 minutes): This Inception prequel unfolds courtesy of a beautiful Motion Comic, and explains how Cobb, Arthur and Nash were enlisted by Cobol Engineering. Diehard fans of the film will be especially interested in this one.

Project Somnacin: Confidential Files (Disc 2, HD): Access the "highly secure" tech files and schematics for Inception's dream-share technology through this BD-Live portal.

Conceptual Art Gallery (Disc 2, HD): More than thirty pieces of concept art and pre-production paintings are available.

Promotional Art Archive (Disc 2, HD): Peruse the film's domestic and international movie posters.

Trailers and TV Spots (Disc 2, HD, 16 minutes): A theatrical teaser, two full trailers and thirteen TV spots round out the package.

$40 for an incomplete Steelbook seems too much to me.
Thanks, do you happen by any chance to know if all of the above was included on FS Steelbook release?, I own that you see (I'm at work at the moment) and I'm guessing it did so if that's the case I'm kinda sorted then, I totally agree with you, they should've included the 2nd disc with this and all other releases for that matter :rolleyes:

All the releases except for this and the German re-release were 2 discs. I have 2 copies of the FS Steelbook it has 2 BDs + 1 DVD. Same with the Chinese and Mexican one. Except for the front artwork, this one is a downgrade in terms of content especially for the asking price.

Here are some of the Steelbook releases by Warner that's missing the second disc:

1. Inception (JP, DE - re-release)
2. Exorcist (CA)
3. TDK (CA - re-release)
4. I am Legend (CA - re-release) ?

Can forgive the CA releases due to its price but not the JP release.

Reactions: DJHilalo
All the releases except for this and the German re-release were 2 discs. I have 2 copies of the FS Steelbook it has 2 BDs + 1 DVD. Same with the Chinese and Mexican one. Except for the front artwork, this one is a downgrade.

Here are some of the Steelbook releases by Warner that's missing the second disc:

1. Inception (JP, DE - re-release)
2. Exorcist (CA)
3. TDK (CA - re-release)
4. I am Legend (CA - re-release) ?

Can forgive the CA releases due to its price but not the JP release.
Right right I see man, so does that mean the only release from this Japanese wave missing a second disc (if any should have 2 discs that is) is Inception?

Got this delivered today - and got hit by customs due to DHL being the shipper, despite the fact that the value of the steelbook is c. $28, and my import limit is $100! Last time I order from Amazon JP. Thank you for nothing!