[OPEN] GB- Protected GmbH Bluray Protective Sleeves

Masterblaster

Premium Supporter
Oct 26, 2009
Im planning on buying 500 of these so i need to know if there is any interest for them here in the community ? They are very sturdy meaning they weigh something (being only out of hard plastic) they weigh about 15grams for each Protective Sleeve.

It might be interesting for someone to bundle some of these Protective Sleeves with there Steelbooks -

For example 1 Steelbook and about 12-15 Protective Sleeves should roughly fit into a package that goes for 6,50 Euro postage. Meaning instead of "losing space" when only being on a single GB you would be able to fill it with these protective sleeves....

This was only an example. Im not really too sure how many would fit into the box but im sure we would figure something out.

Price would be 1 Euro for each Sleeve- that is a "little" something for me for having the work - Even by buying so many of them the retailer gives no discount.

THIS IS NO LONGER JUST AN IDEA !! IT STANDS NOW !! I GOT THE 500 PIECES SO THERE ARE ALOT TO HAVE !!!

Thanks for your time

John

8413.jpg

Price 1,00 Euro per piece

List

1. Drum18 - 20x - shipped
2. Acidcore - 10x shipped
3. Munstarz40 -15x shipped
4. RobertJoseph17- 40x shipped
5. Apedemak -20x shipped
6. xxquartzxx - 20x shipped
7. kaliraver-25x shipped
8. JjL - 20x shipped
9. Angelc5 - 15x - shipped
10. Superman - 40x shipped
11. glaucoheitor - 25x (DROPPED OUT !!)
12 Acidcore- 40x shipped
13. MK50- 25x
14. CraigH - 30x shipped

NEW LIST -

1. Thunda123 - 7x

Last edited by a moderator:
Do they open from the side or something? Depending of the look of it, I may be interested for at least 20 of these.

Update after seeing the picture:
Ok, go for 20! :scat:

Last edited:
Reactions: Masterblaster
Since your just taking a consensus, then I'm in for about 20. I wonder if a SteelBook with one of these on it will fit in one of those stands that Wreck has going in his GB?

Thanks John, I've actually been wanting to try these out. They would protect the SteelBook and allow for easy removal in case you want to watch the movie. :cool:

Since your just taking a consensus, then I'm in for about 20. I wonder if a SteelBook with one of these on it will fit in one of those stands that Wreck has going in his GB?

Thanks John, I've actually been wanting to try these out. They would protect the SteelBook and allow for easy removal in case you want to watch the movie. :cool:

wait a minute and ill tell you exactly if they fit...

John

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

qrk5chgj.jpg

Yepp it fits !! My Captain America was sealed and it still fitted

Take care John

Just curious John, I know you said you bought 500 of these but are you going to continue to buy more from the supplier and make this an ongoing GB? I want to try 20 to start but if I like them I'll probably want more later down the road.

Thanks.

Great idea John, haven't seen these in the flesh but they look like the perfect solution for protection and easy access. I'm guessing as your Captain America is sealed it also has the data sheet so they would squeeze into these too?

I'd be down for about 40 anyway.

Thanks
Marc

Never seen these before, is both the bottom and top open? meaning the bottom of the steel has no protection sat on a shelf?

Cheers!

Never seen these before, is both the bottom and top open? meaning the bottom of the steel has no protection sat on a shelf?

Cheers!

That's correct, the top and bottom are open. It's just like a slip cover only it's clear so you can see your SteelBook. With a slip cover there is usually a mm or 2 clearance on the top and bottom meaning the bottom and the top of the case never really touches the shelf. I'm curious too. When John comes back on I'm sure he'll let us know. :ohno:

Actually, if you click on his Captain America picture with it inside the sleeve you can tell that there is clearance on the top and bottom. :)

Last edited:
Just curious John, I know you said you bought 500 of these but are you going to continue to buy more from the supplier and make this an ongoing GB? I want to try 20 to start but if I like them I'll probably want more later down the road.

Thanks.

If this gb goes well I will offer another one once the 500 are gone.

Take care John

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

That's correct, the top and bottom are open. It's just like a slip cover only it's clear so you can see your SteelBook. With a slip cover there is usually a mm or 2 clearance on the top and bottom meaning the bottom and the top of the case never really touches the shelf. I'm curious too. When John comes back on I'm sure he'll let us know. :ohno:

Actually, if you click on his Captain America picture with it inside the sleeve you can tell that there is clearance on the top and bottom. :)

Like said the top and bottom are open, but due to some clearance I don't think they will scuff. And yes the captain America was sealed it was a tight fit but good. With the data sheet.

Take care
John

^since you use these before, do they scratch the steelies over time when sliding them in and out of them?

Where did you get that info from? It's wrong buddy :D

I've never used them , I just had already bought a small number of these for another member and that's why I could make the picture.

I would say no to your question but that is subjective to how you handle your steelbooks. I don't move mine once placed on the shelf :D except to dust and then I'm handling eggs, if you know what I mean.

Take care

John