Eureka / MoC Steelbook suggestion/chat thread

HUBMUSWELL

#Metal Hunter
Premium Supporter
Apr 22, 2011
London, UK
Sorry Guys if this posted in the wrong section :emb:

I've started collecting Eureka releases, usually open Steelbooks. Anybody else collecting?

picture.php

Last edited:
I've got Shogun assassins and have seen the touch of evil steelbook in HMV but not sure whether to buy it or not. Looks very attractive and high quality but I also want to enjoy the movie as well. If it's a good movie then I may buy it

I own Silent Running and that is all. May pick up more of their titles in he future but with so many good steels comin out soon, they're not really must haves. I have to admit that they certainly know how to design a steel though.

I've got Shogun assassins and have seen the touch of evil steelbook in HMV but not sure whether to buy it or not. Looks very attractive and high quality but I also want to enjoy the movie as well. If it's a good movie then I may buy it

Do you watch the film first then again with the commentary?

Every single steelbook.

LOL, no surprise there :cool:

I own Silent Running and that is all. May pick up more of their titles in he future but with so many good steels comin out soon, they're not really must haves. I have to admit that they certainly know how to design a steel though.

Yeah, my favourite is Metropolis...I even bought a second copy for £14 before the fire EEK!

Have all of the ones released so far, so all of the ones in the first post plus Repo Man and Lifeboat.

I'm planning to buy RM and Lifeboat direct, any more previous release? Human centipede?

http://www.eurekavideo.co.uk/offers/new.html

Yeah, my favourite is Metropolis...I even bought a second copy for £14 before the fire EEK!

Metropolis was one of those titles I thought "this isn't really a film I would look to see". On the other hand it was a steelbook. I was on the fence and decided to wait and see if it drop in price. What a mistake that turned out to be :hilarious::(

Sorry but it's not for me, some look nice but that's about it, besides I'm not gonna make the same mistake spending that crazy money on films I will never watch, did the same thing back in the DVD steelbook game and got every single Cinema Reserve, all gone now for cheap pennies... not gonna make the same mistake twice.

Also not for me. Traded shogun off to mr thunda a while back. He'll enjoy it more than me. Don't think I'll be picking up any of these ones in the future

I also got them all, except Shogun Assassin. But I don't think that one is part of the Masters of Cinema line.

Been buying them all as soon as they have been released. But same story none have been opened or watched apart from Shogun assassin as I am a huge fan of the series. Tried Touch Of Evil but only managed 25mins before I turned it off and sold it. As for the rest they have been hitting ebay as part of my spring clean.
Apologies to any fellow ninjas who have seen my crazy starting bid on Metropolis on ebay but a guy has to pay the mortgage and every extra £1 helps

I have them all except for Lifeboat but I will get that soon enough. They are all beautiful steels and great films to boot! And there are like 4 or 5 more on the way, I hope the trend continues!

I have
Silent Running
Touch of Evil
Two lane Blacktop

and looking to get Repo Men soon...
They are really quality products/steelbooks!!!

Not interested in Metropolis as it is landscape!
Shogun Assassin is not MoC, right?

Shogun Assassin is Eureka, but not MoC. The real classification headache for me is the first Human Centipede, which was released in a UK steelbook by Bounty and distributed by Eureka. Since I have all the MoC steels and Shogun Assassin - but not Human Centipede - I have the completist bug in my head saying "You should have bought the Human Centipede steelbook when you had the chance... your collection isn't complete..." And after I tell that bug in my head to get lost, I get an email offer from Eureka that includes the latest Blu-Ray from Bounty, and the bug starts yapping again.

(Human Centipede also became unexpectedly rare following the warehouse fire last year that consumed a lot of the remaining stock of Shogun Assassin and Metropolis. So if I did decide I had to include it... $$$)

Looking forward to Lifeboat especially, that looks like their most beautiful yet. Love the painted cover.

Reactions: cyberef