GA
Release date: March 24, 2020
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

1578660475808.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: goufcustom
im not chancing it. ordered the bestbuy steel. huge chance zavvi could be matte finish
It's also been released in European countries France/Germany/Spain etc
Universal release
Might be some differences in Europe
Some UK/Europe universal steelbooks have actually been better than USA

How can this be possible from the pictures posted by @BluSteel2012 ?

Theses pictures of the BestBuy US steel are something made in La La Land :OMG:
There has been some previous and recent Universal steelbooks from Europe and UK that was better than USA relesses

Some examples
The recent German releases of Spartacus and King Kong

The UK Alex Ross Universal Monsters Steelbook releases
UK was Gloss finish while USA was Matte

I expect the UK or German steelbook release of this film will be pretty much same as USA in terms of finish and debossing

Unless you are advocating that the UK be its own little continent this is incorrect. The UK is part of Europe, it always will be.
You not understood
There has been universal steelbook releases in Germany that was better than a same UK/USA steelbook and also UK releases better than USA

Spartacus and King Kong releases UK and USA was the same but German release was better

UK and different Eurpoe countries often have steelbooks with same artwork but has differences in terms of finish title etc and embossing/debossing on various film studios releases

Universal Pictures Home Entertainment handle distribution now Enterainment One releases physical and digital releases since March 26 2019

My point still stands, Universal’s track record with new release over recent years has been disappointing at best. You never know they may knock it out of the park but I wouldn’t bet on it.

You not understood
There has been universal steelbook releases in Germany that was better than a same UK/USA steelbook and also UK releases better than USA

Spartacus and King Kong releases UK and USA was the same but German release was better

UK and different Eurpoe countries often have steelbooks with same artwork but has differences in terms of finish title etc and embossing/debossing on various film studios releases
I understood perfectly, my response had nothing to do with the steelbooks themselves, I'm perfectly content with the info you provide on them, you're probably right about it all.
What you're not right about is confusing a continent with a country/group of countries that are part of that same continent, talking about them like they're two different things.

The UK is no longer a part of the European Union but it has no choice in being part of Europe. It is a geographic fact. You state facts all the time regarding steels, so I have to assume you love all facts. Embrace this one too :D

I understood perfectly, my response had nothing to do with the steelbooks themselves, I'm perfectly content with the info you provide on them, you're probably right about it all.
What you're not right about is confusing a continent with a country/group of countries that are part of that same continent, talking about them like they're two different things.

The UK is no longer a part of the European Union but it has no choice in being part of Europe. It is a geographic fact. You state facts all the time regarding steels, so I have to assume you love all facts. Embrace this one too :D
I think Paul only meant that the UK can sometimes have exclusives that's not available in Europe. For example a lot of Zavvi exclusives (Arrow Video steelbooks etc..)

Hence the UK/Europe reference. I do it myself sometimes.

I know what he meant.

I think Paul only meant that the UK can sometimes have exclusives that's not available in Europe.
If they are available in the UK they are de facto available in Europe, because the UK is part of Europe. What you should've said is "the UK can sometimes have exclusives that's [sic] not available in" the European Union (or EU if you want to type a bit less).
Hence the UK/Europe reference. I do it myself sometimes.
You just have, yes, and it's incorrect. Europe is a continent, the UK is part of said continent. If something is available in the UK it is de facto available in Europe, it might not be available in every single European country, but it's available in Europe.

Stop confusing Europe and EU. Europe is a continent, the EU is a political entity.

It has nothing to do with European Union even if UK had not decided to leave

Home Media releases are often different in UK between a group of other European countries and often have different distrbutors even when using same artwork

Home media UK releases are actually UK/Rep of Ireland releases even though these are separate countries

A retail business in UK/Ireland when purchasing products describe a release as from UK/Ireland or from Europe as meaning from other countries in Europe

You will often see mentioned in various film web forums a release mentioned as UK release or Europe release

UK/Ireland business dont list their product releases as been from Europe

You also have for example Disney UK and Disney Europe
Different distrbutors even though both UK and Ireland are european countries
Disney UK is UK and Republic of Ireland

I know what he meant.

If they are available in the UK they are de facto available in Europe, because the UK is part of Europe. What you should've said is "the UK can sometimes have exclusives that's [sic] not available in" the European Union (or EU if you want to type a bit less).
You just have, yes, and it's incorrect. Europe is a continent, the UK is part of said continent. If something is available in the UK it is de facto available in Europe, it might not be available in every single European country, but it's available in Europe.

Stop confusing Europe and EU. Europe is a continent, the EU is a political entity.
You're just making yourself look silly now. Especially if you know what we mean.

Of course I know UK is part of Europe. But we're not talking about geography. When it comes to steelbooks (or even just films in general) it can become regional sometimes due to rights, be it distributional or whatever.

For example Unbreakable steelbook was released in the UK but nowhere else in Europe. So yeah, UK/Europe!

Just like I'd say France/Europe if we were talking about the Rambo Last Blood steelbook as its different there compared to the rest of Europe.

Home Media releases are often different in UK between a group of other European countries and often have different distrbutors even when using same artwork
There you go... other European countries. You have now said it correctly.

Use "other" or copy & paste all of that for every "UK/Europe" mention :p Anything else is wrong.
Disney or any other studio or distributor doesn't get to choose what is Europe and what isn't Europe, it doesn't matter if they differentiate, within their organization, between Disney UK and Disney Europe, the rest of us don't have to know about it or even comply with it if we do.

You're just making yourself look silly now. Especially if you know what we mean.

Of course I know UK is part of Europe. But we're not talking about geography. When it comes to steelbooks (or even just films in general) it can become regional sometimes due to rights, be it distributional or whatever.

For example Unbreakable steelbook was released in the UK but nowhere else in Europe. So yeah, UK/Europe!

Just like I'd say France/Europe if we were talking about the Rambo Last Blood steelbook as its different there compared to the rest of Europe.
What is wrong with typing "France/other European countries"? Is it just laziness?