1917 (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: May 18, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order January 10 at 9 AM UK Time)
Price: £29.99

1917.jpg
12437995-5724735195364988.jpg

Last edited:
There's plenty of popular films I personally didn't grow up with, so therefore don't understand the hype... Indiana Jones for example.
Don't start watching it because of the hype and certainly don't base your judgement according to the hype because you'll go in with your expectations too high. Watch the movie on your own time going in with a clean conscience and base your decision on your own reasoning and not what everyone else's hype has brought it to. If by doing this you by any chance don't feel compelled to watch it then don't, but if you have a small urge to view it then do so on your own accord. That's how I look at it, you might try it.

Don't start watching it because of the hype and certainly don't base your judgement according to the hype because you'll go in with your expectations too high. Watch the movie on your own time going in with a clean conscience and base your decision on your own reasoning and not what everyone else's hype has brought it to. If by doing this you by any chance don't feel compelled to watch it then don't, but if you have a small urge to view it then do so on your own accord. That's how I look at it, you might try it.
I hear ya bud and 100% agree! Although with Indy I didn't bother watching them until just a couple years ago, so definitely didn't fall victim to the hype train lol.

Watched this last night, loved it. Kinda sorry I didn’t preorder the steelbook now!

Hopefully a premium edition will come along though.

After watching Dunkirk for the first time the day before, I thought this film was much better. I found Dunkirk to be overrated and kind of disappointing if I'm honest. I'd been looking forward to it for so long.

Although I'm huge fan of both Mendes and Nolan.

Reactions: Flloydo
Watched this last night, loved it. Kinda sorry I didn’t preorder the steelbook now!

Hopefully a premium edition will come along though.

After watching Dunkirk for the first time the day before, I thought this film was much better. I found Dunkirk to be overrated and kind of disappointing if I'm honest. I'd been looking forward to it for so long.

Although I'm huge fan of both Mendes and Nolan.

I felt the same. I wasn't expecting much from this film as I am not the biggest fan of Sam Mendes but really enjoyed it. For me, while Dunkirk has some great shots and is well put together I find it a little boring. I guess that's down to the fact you know how it is going to end. Glad I pre-ordered the steelbook now as I am looking forward to watching it again.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
I felt the same. I wasn't expecting much from this film as I am not the biggest fan of Sam Mendes but really enjoyed it. For me, while Dunkirk has some great shots and is well put together I find it a little boring. I guess that's down to the fact you know how it is going to end. Glad I pre-ordered the steelbook now as I am looking forward to watching it again.
I think this film (for me anyway) was everything I expected from Dunkirk. Beautifully shot (I love that its meant to be one long take) the scale (the trenches and sheer scope are amazing) and by the end you feel like you've been on the journey with the character.

Speaking of scale, what's going on with Dunkirk? Supposed to be 400,000 men but we only see a few hundred? And maybe 20-25 rescue boats? :confused:

I felt like they released the film without adding in the CGI!!

Speaking of scale, what's going on with Dunkirk? Supposed to be 400,000 men but we only see a few hundred? And maybe 20-25 rescue boats? :confused:
Very well said, that was a major oversight and the main reason I didn't enjoy the film more. In every shot the beach was pretty desolate. The best part for me was the dogfight action, that was pretty well done, but the beach scenes were lol

Reactions: BluSteel2012
I finally watched this too and was blown away. Absolute masterpiece. Films like children of men, birdman, gravity, revenant really do it for me with those one shots and this is like ecstasy all the way through for anyone who enjoys that. It’s up there with saving private Ryan for me. The god tier

And also Mendes reminding everyone that he’s one of the greatest (bar spectre).

I’m usually more of a psychological war film lover like his jarhead (as one of my favs) for example. But I now love that he’s made one of my favourite psychological war films and now one of my favourite full on war films