2001: A Space Odyssey (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #5) [UK]

Mickle_89

Premium Supporter
Jun 17, 2015
イギリス
Release date: August 31, 2020
Purchase links: WB Shop - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - eBay
Price: £29.99 (WB shop - Zavvi - HMV - eBay) - £30.00 (Amazon)

C4CFA345-E291-4516-98B1-4A2D406FB246.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m not interested in this title but at least it suits their name. Seems to be the route I would of thought they would take anyway.

Art does look good in the tease but it’s one of my least favourite Kubrick films although I’ve always appreciated the look, effects and score

Art does look good in the tease but it’s one of my least favourite Kubrick films although I’ve always appreciated the look, effects and score

Actually one of the few Kubrick films I actually like. I think there are only 5 of his films I like.

Reactions: Flloydo
I think Spartacus, The Killing and The Spy Who Love me are the only ones I could watch
Lewis Gilbert Directed The Spy Who Loved Me

Stanley Kubrick visted in secret during the film production for a few hours and helped advise production designer Ken Adam to light the submarine supertanker set
That was is only involvement with the film and was not credited

Last edited:
And everyone's gonna be like, oooh, aaah

2001a.gif

including me, I s'pose.
But how can I be excited yet so disappointed.
Only the Titans themselves can answer

kiss this.gif

How about something yet unreleased while your at it!

• Haha
Reactions: BluCrazy2

Stanley Kubrick visted in secret during the film production for a few hours and helped advise production designer Ken Adam to light the submarine supertanker set

I could be wrong (I often am) but I think his wife or daughter or niece was some way involved with making the teeth for Jaws too.

As for 2001, I look the look of the steel but have fallen asleep every time I have tried to watch it. Guess that tells me I should give it a miss :shipped:

[QUOTE

[/QUOTE]

Partly correct. Stanley actually directed some scenes and he was asked to help out by Gilbert as a favour but the point of my comment was I was being sarcastic. I know fine rightly who directed the film. It's like when anyone asks me what Colinn Baker's best Dr Who story was and i go "Caves of Androzani."

Not a fan of this film and the steelbook looks like it could be one of the least pleasing in this collection.

As for my favourite film: that's easy - Stanley Kubrick killed it with THE KILLING.

For the love of God, we need a proper Dr. Strangelove edition right away! This is one of the greatest films ever. I hope some premium company will do this movie justice one day.

Does Criterion not have the solo rights to that one?

Does Criterion not have the solo rights to that one?
No
Sony Pictures own the rights
Criterion licenced from Sony for their release

There is a Columbia Classics 4K boxset getting a release from Sony In USA and UK
Dr Strangelove is in that box set 4K release.

Titans of Cult releases though so far all have been Warner film titles

2001 A Space Odyssey is another Warner title

Last edited:
Reactions: MrSquifler
No
Sony Pictures own the rights
Criterion licenced from Sony for their release

There is a Columbia Classics 4K boxset getting a release from Sony In USA and UK
Dr Strangelove is in that box set 4K release.

Titans of Cult releases though so far all have been Warner film titles

2001 A Space Odyssey is another Warner title
You're right, all warner titles. But they said they'll not release only warner titles. so, please titans of cult, WHERE IS ET THE EXTRATERRESTRIAL COLLECTOR'S EDITION 4K STEELBOOK!?!?

Reactions: MrSquifler
Sadly I’ve gotten too old to watch this movie all the way through without nodding off. A classic for sure. A masterpiece even. But also a chore.

Reactions: BluSteel2012