Oct 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
Release date: November 20, 2018
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $29.99

6289680_sa.jpg

Last edited:
Another guy reported the same problem on DVDtalk:
"Then, in what I assume was an attempt to emulate one of this movie's Kubrickian jump cuts, the player suddenly skipped to the start of the "beyond the infinite" trip.
That is freakin' hilarious.:rofl:

*to be fair - Kubrick does Match Cuts, not jump cuts.;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Lone Crusader
Well, I can live with that if need be. Glossy edition would have probably been Taiwan or Korean edition which would have increased the cost by 20-30 dollars on ebay. I'll wait and see how all this shakes out. Remember- nothing is ungettable.;)

The North American edition is glossy as far as I know but I realize the US hasn't released theirs but they were released in Canada.

The North American edition is glossy as far as I know but I realize the US hasn't released theirs but they were released in Canada.
That makes it all the more weird that the USA ones were pulled.
Maybe just a bad batch? But I would have expected an email saying there was an issue and that there would be a delay, rather than a cancellation of the order.

That makes it all the more weird that the USA ones were pulled.
Maybe just a bad batch? But I would have expected an email saying there was an issue and that there would be a delay, rather than a cancellation of the order.

Best Buy in Canada released theirs on the original release date of Oct. 30th.

I believe you mentioned that Best Buy in the US sold the steelbook to a friend of yours. Did your friend mention if it was glossy?

Is this still being released the 20th?
December 18, 2018 is the latest info.
https://www.highdefdigest.com/news/...y-dated-detailed-for-4k-ultra-hd-bluray/41913

if it was glossy?
The lesser spotted red-faced Dave unsurprisingly embarrassed considering this is the third delay as well as all the cancelled orders and the various reports of customers not being allowed to pay for in-store copies ...
Anyway, rare sighting giving as much pleasure as a sighting of the reclusive and equally rare red-headed woodpecker (near threatened status on the International Union for Conservation of Nature's Red List of Endangered species).

2001steelbookus.JPG
red3.png

Last edited: