Mondo 2001 A Space Odyssey - OST (MondoCon) (Coloured Vinyl)

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 6, 2019
Purchase link: Mondo
Price: $40
Notes: Will be available at MondoCon
Two disc set. Re-mastered at Abbey Road Studios. Cut at 45 RPM -Original Artwork by Matthew Woodson - Pressed on 2x 180 gram coloured vinyl (also available on 2x 180 gram black vinyl

17-2001_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:
Typically yes, they usually release a non colored version through the website at a later point (but if there any leftovers they will be listed sometime after MondoCon)
That's what I figured. Looks like I need to find a MondoCon buddy. :)

Stunning! Would love to own it, but don't fancy my chances of ever doing so unfortunately.

Available to order from Mondo

$40.00

It's still unclear to me whether the colored version is limited. It doesn't seem to be. Whatever the case, I can wait for the next free shipping on vinyl deal—probably coming up soon?

It's still unclear to me whether the colored version is limited. It doesn't seem to be. Whatever the case, I can wait for the next free shipping on vinyl deal—probably coming up soon?
Mondo have done a re-issue of the soundtrack
Same coloured vinyl that was sold at MondoCon and sold out

Coloured and Black vinyl editions available

Mondo in conjunction with WaterTower Music is proud to present one of the most iconic film soundtracks of all time, 2001: A Space Odyssey.

The soundtracks to Stanley Kubrick's masterpieces are storied, and nearly as engaging and challenging as the films themselves. The soundtrack to 2001: A Space Odyssey is no different. Kubrick's last minute decision to omit all original scoring by legendary composer Alex North for classic orchestrations and waltzes that went on to become some of the most iconic and discussed music for film in the last 50 years. Kubrick's use of 'The Blue Danube' alone is one of the most important uses of music in the history of film.

This essential re-issue has been re-mastered at Abbey Road Studios for the 50th anniversary. Cut at 45 RPM and pressed on two vinyl discs for the very first time ever. Housed in a die-cut gatefold jacket featuring original artwork by Matthew Woodson and pressed on 180 Gram colored vinyl (also available on 180 Gram black vinyl)

Last edited:
what about sound quality? any experiences about it?
I did not purchase the Vinyl as I already had the CD release

If the price drops a lot I might consider
At the moment I'm reducing my purchases due to needing cash for lot of dental that costing me over €2000