Guardians of the Galaxy 3D - In theaters August 01, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
From Marvel, the studio that brought you the global blockbuster franchises of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers, comes a new team–the Guardians of the Galaxy. An action-packed, epic space adventure, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy expands the Marvel Cinematic Universe into the cosmos, where brash adventurer Peter Quill finds himself the object of an unrelenting bounty hunt after stealing a mysterious orb coveted by Ronan, a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the entire universe. To evade the ever-persistent Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a quartet of disparate misfits–Rocket, a gun-toting raccoon, Groot, a tree-like humanoid, the deadly and enigmatic Gamora and the revenge-driven Drax the Destroyer. But when Peter discovers the true power of the orb and the menace it poses to the cosmos, he must do his best to rally his ragtag rivals for a last, desperate stand - with the galaxy’s fate in the balance.
With: Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Bradley Cooper as the voice of Rocket, Vin Diesel as the voice of Groot, Lee Pace, Michael Rooker, Karen Gilian, Djimon Hounsou with John C. Reilly, Glenn Close as Commander Rael and Benicio del Toro as The Collector.

Trailer:

Attachments

• guardians.jpg
    guardians.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 453
Last edited:
I hope it's ironfist or Luke Cage, haha

Maybe they'll knock that fantastic 4 reboot out and throw that in the theaters...

It's NOW OFFICIAL!!!
5001fdc9ec10b.jpg

and concept art:
attachment.php

Attachments

• guardiansofthegalaxysdc.jpg
    guardiansofthegalaxysdc.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 362
Last edited by a moderator:
It's official! James Gunn is re-writing and directing! :oohyeah:

I've been a massive fan of Gunn's work ever since he wrote the screenplay for Zack Snyder's Dawn of the Dead, so this is gonna be good! :D

From Gunn's Facebook page:
"For a month or so there’s been a lot of Internet speculation about my involvement with Marvel's 'Guardians of the Galaxy,'" Gunn said via Facebook. "Until now I haven’t said anything, because I’m trying to be less expulsive about this project than I am about the rest of my life. But last night I got the go-ahead from Kevin Feige to let you all know that, yes, indeed, I am rewriting and directing 'Guardians of the Galaxy.' As a lifelong lover of Marvel comics, space epics, and raccoons, this is the movie I’ve been waiting to make since I was nine years old. Kevin, Joss, and all the folks at Marvel have been amazing collaborators so far, and we’re committed to bringing you something majestic, beautiful, and unique. I am incredibly excited. I am also incredibly grateful to the fans and the press for all their words of encouragement and support regarding my involvement with this project since the news first leaked. Thanks -- you have, honestly, touched and overwhelmed me. And that’s it for now. Other than the occasional photos of my dog and cat here on Facebook, I’ll talk to you again in August 2014 when Guardians is released!"

Reactions: Drum18
For those not familiar with GOTG.....READ

This is me speculating, but my gut tells me we will see
Nova :scat:
and maybe even
Silver Surfer EEK! (doubt it though), which could even lead to a tie in with Fantastic Four :ohno:

Any comic book fan should definitely read before watching this film, it will blow your mind!
Plus give you few hints on what to expect in this new film ;)

I'll be honest with you guys, this film has me pretty psyched, since Marvel's space story arc's are amazing!

Last edited:
Reactions: tridon
@G:Box

Interesting speculation, my friend. While it'd be nice if Marvel surprised everyone with an appearance by Nova in the film, they've already revealed that the line-up will only include Groot, Drax, Gamorra, Star Lord and Rocket Raccoon. Silver Surfer will not make an appearance due to Fox owning the film rights to him (along with Galactus, the ultimate cosmic baddie in the Marvel universe), so that's pretty s#itty. Good recommendations with War of Kings and The Thanos Imperative, but I'd highly recommend reading the volumes of Annihilation before those two as they were the start of Marvel's galactic war opus. I'm quite psyched for this film now, too. Didn't think I would be, but with James Gunn on board, I'm looking forward to this just as much as Avengers 2. And I hope DC's paying attention when this is released because Marvel's going to do cosmic right on the big screen (hello, Green Lantern).

From Comic Book News:
The Mad Titan known as Thanos made his presence known during the mid-credit scene of The Avengers movie. With a smile, Thanos was revealed to be the villain behind the Chitauri invasion upon the Earth.

It's long since been rumored and even hinted upon my Marvel Studios president and producer Kevin Feige that Thanos would be appearing in the 2014 Guardians of the Galaxy movie. Feige has all but said Thanos is in the movie.

Now we learn that not only will the Mad Titan Thanos be featured in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie — but The Avengers 2 as well.

We previously reported that Thanos creator Jim Starlin was in talks with Marvel about "something," with it theorized that it was over the rights to Thanos.

Now, a Cosmic Book News regular, Armand Rock, has confirmed through Jim Starlin that Thanos will be in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie and The Avengers 2. Armand Rock attended the recent Montreal Comic-Con and spoke with Jim Starlin who said that the deal is already in place. Jim Starlin even mentioned that Thanos will appear in the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy movie in 2014 and The Avengers 2 in 2015.

The news is not that surprising, as most assumed Thanos would go on to become the Avengers major villain in The Avengers 2, but what it may reveal is that there might be another villain in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie.

Seems like we have our answer ;)

@G:Box

Interesting speculation, my friend. While it'd be nice if Marvel surprised everyone with an appearance by Nova in the film, they've already revealed that the line-up will only include Groot, Drax, Gamorra, Star Lord and Rocket Raccoon. Silver Surfer will not make an appearance due to Fox owning the film rights to him (along with Galactus, the ultimate cosmic baddie in the Marvel universe), so that's pretty s#itty. Good recommendations with War of Kings and The Thanos Imperative, but I'd highly recommend reading the volumes of Annihilation before those two as they were the start of Marvel's galactic war opus. I'm quite psyched for this film now, too. Didn't think I would be, but with James Gunn on board, I'm looking forward to this just as much as Avengers 2. And I hope DC's paying attention when this is released because Marvel's going to do cosmic right on the big screen (hello, Green Lantern).

I guy can dream though :D

For those not familiar with GOTG.....READ

This is me speculating, but my gut tells me we will see
Nova :scat:
and maybe even
Silver Surfer EEK! (doubt it though), which could even lead to a tie in with Fantastic Four :ohno:

Any comic book fan should definitely read before watching this film, it will blow your mind!
Plus give you few hints on what to expect in this new film ;)

I'll be honest with you guys, this film has me pretty psyched, since Marvel's space story arc's are amazing!

I'm hoping for
Adam Warlock. I know this will tie in with the infinity gauntlet. Can't have thanos and not the gauntlet.
1348121435913.jpg