JSDVD - SteelBook Retailer Thread

logo.gif

Feel free to discuss shipping, customer service, availabity, etc about this retailer here.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) What is the link to JSDVD?
A) http://dvd.jsdvd.com/index.php?language=us

Q) I haven't mastered Taiwanese yet - how can I read the site?!
A) Install Google translate on your browser or click on the English sign:
icon.gif

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Click HERE to create an account >> Fill in details >> click on 'continue' >> Done

Q) Do they ship outside of Taiwan?
A) Yes, worldwide delivery, various shipping options available. EMS shipping price list HERE

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) Cardboard Box, with enough bubblewrap to keep things safe. See pics: (Thanks to The Rainmaker)
As promised, here are the pictures of the packaging by JSDVD. Please feel free to add these pics to the OP so that everyone can have a look before buying from them.

I find their packaging totally bulletproof. As you can see in the first picture, the box arrived in a completely bashed and torn condition:

View attachment 43021

View attachment 43022

They used 3 layers of bubble wrap on the outside that absorbed the impacts of the outside world:

View attachment 43023

Inside those 3 outer layers of bubble, each individual steelbook was wrapped in 3-4 layers of bubble on each side:

View attachment 43024

And finally, the flawless steelbook:

View attachment 43025

I hope I could help ;)

Cheers :thumbs:
Q) Is the retailer custom's friendly? (i.e will they mark as gift, or low value).
A) Very friendly - just add your note in the comments box:
rsz_jsdvd.jpg

Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged for the ITEM upon ordering, but shipping costs are charged separately once ready for dispatch. (you will receive an email, check spam folder)

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Card only - TIP - when paying ensure you click on 'Perform normal payment' shown here:

rsz_1jsvspayment.jpg

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) Yes - overall a very good, reliable site to order from.

Cancellations: Send an email to [email protected], including the number of the order you wish to cancel. He'll get back to you as soon as he can.

Replacements: are issued if in stock, if not a refund will be offered.
Refunds: They are normally processed within a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used them once and had a positive experience. They shipped my steels in a cardboard box with plenty of bubblewrap.

Reactions: Staind
JSDVD is probably one of the better Asian Steelbook retailers. I've used them several times already and never had a bad experience. All of their shipments are in a box with plenty of bubble wrap for protection.

JSDVD: positive.

Excellent packaging, mint steelbooks and quick EMS shipping:

JSDVD: negative.

response to emails very slow and generally very short. (Language barrier)

Anything over 4 steelbooks be prepared to be hit by customs.

I'm not sure why when you guys said sent email and not getting a reply from jsdvd.
I got my email replied max 36hrs, you need to states your order and what's your request are.

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

I just received their shipping email yesterday, replied and told them to cancel.
Got my replied today said my order was cancel and full refund.
Maybe there are too many orders needs to be attended to, just give them some more time to sort it out.

I had pre ordered avatar 3d ironpack and they still havent sent anything for the shipping part of the order. I have contacted twice and no response.

Reactions: bluray4life
JSDVD is my go-to retailer now for Asian Steelbooks (well, mostly Taiwanese).
Excellant packaging and I always ask them to mark the items as gift with lower value so no customs so far. :)

Recently their customer service response has been a bit slow, but they always respond (though sometimes it takes more than 1 e-mail).

Reactions: bluray4life
JSDVD: positive.

Excellent packaging, mint steelbooks and quick EMS shipping:

JSDVD: negative.

response to emails very slow and generally very short. (Language barrier)

Anything over 4 steelbooks be prepared to be hit by customs.

nice to hear that,i havent created an account yet

Is the website down for anyone? It appears I've been charged twice for Spiderman 3D which I purchased and I can't even contact them.

06 Nov 2012 JS DVD KAOSHANG ##1112 1,280.00 NEW TAIWAN DOLLAR -$42.30
07 Nov 2012 PENDING - JS DVD TW -$42.33
08 Nov 2012 PENDING - JS DVD TW -$16.52

Is the website down for anyone? It appears I've been charged twice for Spiderman 3D which I purchased and I can't even contact them.

06 Nov 2012 JS DVD KAOSHANG ##1112 1,280.00 NEW TAIWAN DOLLAR -$42.30
07 Nov 2012 PENDING - JS DVD TW -$42.33
08 Nov 2012 PENDING - JS DVD TW -$16.52

It appears so...I thought the issue was on my end but it looks like it's down for the moment. Regarding being charged twice are you sure? The $16.52 might be the shipping charges which is seperate from the sb order.

It appears so...I thought the issue was on my end but it looks like it's down for the moment. Regarding being charged twice are you sure? The $16.52 might be the shipping charges which is seperate from the sb order.

The $16.52 is the shipping charges, but why have I been charged a second amount (-$42.33) on the 7th after the original payment (-$42.30) on the 6th?

Site is still down..

The $16.52 is the shipping charges, but why have I been charged a second amount (-$42.33) on the 7th after the original payment (-$42.30) on the 6th?

Site is still down..

My bad...yeah that is weird unless you accidently ordered it twice. And if that was the case that's considered a good thing seeing how it's no longer available. If you haven't contacted them already here's there email: [email protected]...

Reactions: Deadline
Right, I've ordered a total of 6 steelbooks from them and now they want payment for shipping.

Been asked to pay NT$920 for this. Is this right for 6?

Anyone know what the most cost effective shipping is in terms of number of steels to the UK is as this is impossible to determine as I can see any shipping guides on their site.

I've just seen GBDragon's comment:

Anything over 4 steelbooks be prepared to be hit by customs

Can someone who orders from them regularly from the UK please advise as I will cancel order if this is true. I've already asked them to mark gift and undervalue package.

Right, I've ordered a total of 6 steelbooks from them and now they want payment for shipping.

Been asked to pay NT$920 for this. Is this right for 6?

Anyone know what the most cost effective shipping is in terms of number of steels to the UK is as this is impossible to determine as I can see any shipping guides on their site.

I've just seen GBDragon's comment:

Can someone who orders from them regularly from the UK please advise as I will cancel order if this is true. I've already asked them to mark gift and undervalue package.

Hi mate,

I previously ordered 5 and got hit by customs even though I requested to be marked as GIFT. I can't remember if I asked to undervalue however I believe RajLondon HDN member here also had a similar situation when he ordered over 4.
The shipping fee you can lower if you don't request EMS(tracking)

Thanks

Reactions: SteelbookedUp
Correct, every time I order 3 steelbooks it arrives A-OK. When I ordered 5 I got hit with customs.

But sometimes as TW steels seem to go OOS so quickly you don't have much choice as I believe JSDVD insist on shipping all items together.

Reactions: SteelbookedUp