Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) - In theaters August 8, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
Aliens invade Earth and inadvertently spawn a quartet of mutated reptile warriors, the Ninja Turtles, who rise up against them to defend the world.
With: Megan Fox

Trailer:

Attachments

• TMNT2014poster.jpg
    TMNT2014poster.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:
megan-fox-TMNT.jpg

After a very public "break-up" between director Michael Bay and actress Megan Fox after working on a few Transformers movies, the two seem to be getting along again. Last night, Bay posted a message on his own official website stating nothing but "TMNT: we are bringing Megan Fox back into the family!" So there you go, straight from the horse's mouth, Megan Fox is going to be starring in Ninja Turtles, the new TMNT movie due 2014 being directed by Jonathan Liebesman. Is she going to play April O'Neil? Will that character even be in it? According to Variety, it sounds like she really is playing April.

I'm all for Megan Fox joining. She's a good balance for a movie starring turtles and a rat. Certainly better than Judith Hoag:

photo+turtle.jpeg

Even though Megan Fox isn't the greatest actress or that likable, she's an attractive one - she certainly helped the two Transformers films (giving the films a rewatchability factor) rather than hurting them. And Jennifer's Body, Jonah Hex, and Passion Play did not suck because of her. Those three films sucked because of awful screenplays and they were just bad films.

Megan Fox in Ninja Turtles... when are they going to a Ninja Turtles movie ever right? Looks like this one will be sh^t too. MF is a talentless and annoying actress, period.

Reactions: psychoscot
Megan Fox is not a good fit for April in my opinion. Sure, she's a pretty face, but that's about all she is in her movies. I haven't seen some of her recent movies and I've heard she's improved, but I'm sure there are great actresses out there that fit the role better.

Also, the Teenage MUTANT Ninja Turtles being aliens. What's that about?

Well, we can't have Emma Stone and Amy Adams cast in everything - someone else has to get these kinds of roles! ;)

An alien origin is no big deal if they really have to do an origin (unfortunately). It would be nice if they just jumped straight to the action. But didn't they already do the turtles found in some toxic goo that mutates them into super-talking turtles? And if they go alien style, then maybe they can get Krang in the film since he's an alien. I would rather see Shredder as the main fighting goon under Krang's command.

Either way, this isn't going to be a good film whether Megan Fox is in it or not. They hired a director that doesn't know how to film an action scene without shaking the camera and making quick cuts. Any cool martial-arts choreographer will get screwed by his directing style.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle co-creator, Kevin Eastman on Michael Bay's movie:

One of the things that's awesome about the relationship I've had with Platinum Dunes and Michael Bay and Jonathan Liebesman and some of the producers, Scott Mednick and Galen Walker on the series, is that It's probably amusing to a lot of people what the press puts out there and what they say people behind the scenes really want to do with the movie, but [Platinum Dunes'] main goal is actually to make the best possible "Turtles" movie with respect to the fans and the core audience as possible. We've learned from movies like "The Avengers," which to me was a superhero movie so good to me personally that I practically wept. It was perfect, you know what I mean? That's the stuff that I grew up on. Joss Whedon just knocked it out of the park, the whole team did, and that includes choreographing all the interlocking movies. From everything that I've seen in the ["TMNT"] script and the development and everything they've asked my input on specifically, it's gonna be an awesome, familiar, solid "Turtles" movie. It'll have everything that fans are gonna want and then some.

I hope Eastman is right and he's not just saying that because producers gave him a 10 million dollar check.

Well, we can't have Emma Stone and Amy Adams cast in everything - someone else has to get these kinds of roles! ;)

An alien origin is no big deal if they really have to do an origin (unfortunately). It would be nice if they just jumped straight to the action. But didn't they already do the turtles found in some toxic goo that mutates them into super-talking turtles? And if they go alien style, then maybe they can get Krang in the film since he's an alien. I would rather see Shredder as the main fighting goon under Krang's command.

Either way, this isn't going to be a good film whether Megan Fox is in it or not. They hired a director that doesn't know how to film an action scene without shaking the camera and making quick cuts. Any cool martial-arts choreographer will get screwed by his directing style.

I would agree with that, I've never been a fan of Michael Bay. His shaky camera style grates and makes it hard to see what's going on half the time. I can't see this being any different.:(

I would agree with that, I've never been a fan of Michael Bay. His shaky camera style grates and makes it hard to see what's going on half the time. I can't see this being any different.:(

If you don't like Bay (he's just producing), you definitely won't like Jonathan Liebesman (director of Wrath of Titans and Battlefield Los Angeles).

I'll be sticking with my 3 original movies

Same here, this Alien storyline doesn't sound good. Even if its done right, I don't think it will be able to top the first film. The look and tone of the movie was almost perfect for me. The second one was good, got a little cheesy but still a decent sequel. The third was definitely the weakest, but I still enjoyed it. It was a little different, and could have been better but still watchable. It's too bad that they never continued with a fourth, I know it was planned, but I think had they taken some elements f the live action TV show and put it into a movie it would have been OK, the TV show was just super cheesy, but had potential.

Megan fox actually looks good with the red hair shes rocking.As for the movie,Michael bay is my favorite director but i don't think he should have took this job.This is a major franchise that has the potential to be bad even in the hands of some of the so called greats of directors.

Sound was a little off, but what a great editing job!!!! :hilarious:

(And... DAMN... TDK that's what I call a TRAILER!!!! Just the sounds of it gets me pumped to Watch this... AGAIN!!!!)

Megan Fox in Ninja Turtles... when are they going to a Ninja Turtles movie ever right? Looks like this one will be sh^t too. MF is a talentless and annoying actress, period.

Well, I prefer Elisha Cuthbert, Yvonne Strahovski, Amy Adams and Isla Fisher, but I'm never going to complain about Megan Fox being the eye candy in a film. She may not be a future Helen Mirren, but she did a far better job in Transformers than that British chick whose most notable achievement is banging Jason Statham.

Reactions: Drum18