Entertainment Store - SteelBook Retailer Thread [United Kingdom]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
entertainmentstore_zps5a70a611.jpg

Entertainment Store are a retailer operating exclusively in the PlayTrade section of Play.com:

Store links: Play.com - eBay.co.uk

Feel free to discuss shipping, customer service, availability, etc. about this retailer here.

Exclusive 2013 HDN Interview here

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) I haven't mastered English yet - how can I read the site?!
A) Install Google translate on your browser:

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Click HERE >> Fill in details>> Follow on screen instructions >> Done!

Q) Do they ship outside of UK?
A) They only offer (free) shipping within the UK with the exception of some items sold through their eBay outlet which may be eligible for International delivery.

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) A cardboard sleeve (pictured below, thanks to Zoneism):
Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged upon dispatch

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Credit/debit card only

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) Overall the majority of Ninjas have had a good experience with ES - will update constantly.

Cancellations: Your account >> Outstanding Orders >> Cancel Order

Replacements: Your account >> Order History >> Return item >> Follow instructions

Refunds: TBC

Last edited:
Is there no way to see the specific stock that a PlayTrader has? I'd like to be able to browse the other items that Entertainment Store have available, but I can't see a way to do that... :dunno:

Is there no way to see the specific stock that a PlayTrader has? I'd like to be able to browse the other items that Entertainment Store have available, but I can't see a way to do that... :dunno:

Play have a section called 'Meet Our Merchants' with links to store fronts. Some sellers on their have store fronts, for example Base.com have their own PlayTrade account:

merchants.jpg

playtradebase.jpg

I don't think this seller does though. Maybe they have to pay a higher rate on their sales to get bigger promotion on the site?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nyvo
Play have a section called 'Meet Our Merchants' with links to store fronts. Some sellers on their have store fronts, for example Base.com have their own PlayTrade account:

I don't think this seller does though. Maybe they have to pay a higher rate on their sales to get bigger promotion on the site?
Ahh, never noticed that section before, but that's a big help! Thanks! :thumbs:

Lets hope Jack Reacher is the first of many Steelbook exclusives (hopefully more reasonably priced) and maybe they could take over from Play.com themselves if it works out well !

I missed out on Jack Reacher but given its run is for less then 1000 (or so ive heard) then the price is very reasonable imo for something so collectible.

i would like to hear of more SB releases by them though. i feel it in my bones that they have more to come and this one was just to wet our appetites and say say a big hello come look at us.

if it is then i think they succeeded so long as they dont mess up with packaging, delivery and excessive damages.

Very impressed with these guys, I emailed them yesterday to ask if Captain America would be coming back into stock, they replied this morning to say that it would as somebody had cancelled their order for 3 copies, I replied back to ask if they could let me know just before it goes back up for sale so I don't miss out, and they did :) So I managed to grab 2 copies of a steel I've been after for ages, thanks to the excellent customer service from these guys.

My Captain America turned up from Entertainment Store today and it was in their steelbook packaging, which did the job perfectly and seems very sturdy. It doesn't contain foam or bubble wrap but instead seems to rely on a suspension mechanism provided by the inner cardboard.

The steelbook was then vacuum packed inside to prevent the steelbook moving around. If you are careful opening the box then you could also re-use the outer cardboard packaging

I am more than happy with it and also delighted with the mint CA steelbook too :thumbs: Big pat on the back to them for their efforts

I've tried to capture what I mean in the pics. I'm content if they send my Jack Reacher the same way too

Steelbooks 110413 001.jpg

Steelbooks 110413 002.jpg

Steelbooks 110413 004.jpg

Steelbooks 110413 005.jpg

Great news about the packaging but let's be honest guys. For 49.99, which is 30 above the retail price, they are obliged to do proper packaging.

Ghost Protocols at £49.99 - The entire MI set with the superior Chinese 2 BD Steels went for £45 including postage few days back.

Reactions: tflo2010
Their steelbook prices are eye watering! 'Zulu' £26, 'Forrest Gump' £25, 'Collateral' £22, 'MI 1-3' £21 each EEK!

Their steelbook prices are eye watering! 'Zulu' £26, 'Forrest Gump' £25, 'Collateral' £22, 'MI 1-3' £21 each EEK!

Just few notches below scalping and nothing else. This is the truth and I am sure it sucks to hear that.

If they are going to release Paramount Steels then it is a bad news for collectors who are used to paying 14.99 or 17.99. I hope they don't.

Last edited: