Trading tips - Protection for both parties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys. I am herewith sharing some recommendations for safe trading. This is to ensure that both parties involved in a trade are protected. The reason for creating this thread is a friend of mine who engaged in a trade deal experienced a problem where he lost money because there was no way to prove the item value.

Scenario:

Trading involves 2 parties A & B.

Trade usually doesn't involve any sort of payment.

There is a possibility that you may not have a receipt to prove the item cost.

A & B agree to ship to each other by normal delivery. One may ask why chose Normal delivery and not send by tracked and insured delivery. The reason is simple. Not everyone can afford to pay extra.

B sends item to A and is received by A.

A sends item to B but it is not delivered and declared lost in post.

B is now out of pocket.

A files claim with post office but they refuse to compensate as there is no receipt or proof of payment. I am not sure how the postal service operates in every country but as far as UK is concerned you have to prove the item value to the best possible extent for compensation. Royal Mail reserves the right to accept or deny it if they don't find it suitable.

Recommendation:

A pays X amount to B via PayPal

B pays the same X amount to A via PayPal.

If B doesn't receive the item sent by A then A can file claim presenting the PayPal transaction made by B to A as evidence.

In this stage, the trader who received the items should acknowledge receipt of the item for transparency.

If both parties receives the items then both can Issue Refund or leave the transactions as it is in PayPal.

Thanks for taking the time to share these tips. Thread moved and 'stickied' in Steelbook Trading area with other 'how to' threads, and closed, so it can remain as 'FYI', not a 'chat' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.