Hong Kong
Street Date: 7 Aug, 2013
Price: NT$1,020
Order link:
JSDVD.com
YesAsia.com - Availability date: August 21st, 2013

oblivion-tw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The slip looks like exactly the same as the UK one, except with Chinese characters.

For me one of the big draws of Asian steels used to be unique quality of the slips, which often featured the 'continued art' design. Now that the distributors and designers of UK steels have upped their game to match the Asian releases in that respect, I'm no longer tempted by Asian releases which differ to the UK ones only in having the movie's title in another language.

Hansel & Gretel was a great Taiwan release, but I'm not seeing any reason to pick this up over the UK one.

Reactions: lgans316
The slip looks like exactly the same as the UK one, except with Chinese characters.

For me one of the big draws of Asian steels used to be unique quality of the slips, which often featured the 'continued art' design. Now that the distributors and designers of UK steels have upped their game to match the Asian releases in that respect, I'm no longer tempted by Asian releases which differ to the UK ones only in having the movie's title in another language.

Hansel & Gretel was a great Taiwan release, but I'm not seeing any reason to pick this up over the UK one.

UK run is probably close to 10k, taiwan will be a much lower print run

UK run is probably close to 10k, taiwan will be a much lower print run

Lower yes, but I suspect a lot bigger than many people assume. Check the list of recent titles on JSDVD and you have to go all the way back to 'Ted' at the beginning of the year to find a title that's actually out of stock.

Taiwan do produce some great releases, but I don't ever make the mistake of thinking a Taiwan release will be rare these days.