Star Trek: Into Darkness - Villain Edition (3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (ES Exclusive) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release Date: 2nd September 2013
Price: £44.99
Pre-order: HERE

If you live outside the UK, all is not lost! Order via a Group Buy:
Group Buy: HERE or HERE

NEW UPDATE 8/13/2013:
We have a short update on the finish details for our 2 exclusive Star Trek Into Darkness steelbooks. Both the steelbook in the Villain Edition and the Hero Edition steelbook will have debossed title treatments and be matte finishes. We had some fantastic ideas for the “special packaging” we promised for the Hero Edition, but unfortunately the time constraints of turning this around in just over a month before the release date meant that none of them were possible. The Entertainment Store exclusive sticker that has been on our previous releases will be on these releases too, and we can only apologise for being able to make the Hero Edition special rather than extra special.

All is not lost though – some of the special packaging we had planned for Star Trek Into Darkness will be present on our next release, which we will be announcing exclusively via HDN on Tuesday 20th August. You won’t be disappointed, I promise!

Star Trek Into Darkness – The Villain Edition (Entertainment Store Exclusive)
Deluxe packaging featuring a 1:50 scale model of the USS Vengeance alongside a stunning 2D and 3D blu-ray plus digital copy steelbook. Limited to 4,000 copies and available exclusively from The Entertainment Store. Final packaging, steelbook finish, embossing, release date and pricing TBC.

attachment.php

Star Trek Into Darkness ES Exclusive Villain Edition_Front 3D.jpg

Star Trek Into Darkness ES Exclusive Villain Edition_Inside.jpg

Star Trek Into Darkness ES Exclusive Villain Edition_Rear 3D.jpg

PREVIOUS UPDATES
From our friends at Entertainment Store in the UK:
The Entertainment Store Boldly goes where other E-tailers cannot

The fastest growing Entertainment E-tailer on the Marketplace, The Entertainment Store, continues its strong exclusive packaging offering in September 2013 with the introduction of 2 2D and 3D Blu Ray Steelbooks for Star Trek: Into Darkness Home Entertainment release.

The limited edition Steelbooks are limited to 4,000 copies each, and will be available to Pre-order from The Entertainment Store on Play.com from midday Friday July 19th 2013.

Since its arrival in March 2013 The Entertainment Store has been working closely with Paramount Home Entertainment and have already teamed up to bring us exclusive Blu Ray SKUs such as GI Joe and Hansel and Gretel but this latest batch of releases look to be the most interesting yet. The E-tailer distributes product directly from the Studio warehouses so the product is guaranteed as authentic and of the highest quality.
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
I see the print run has doubled yet again. It means more people will get them for sure, but it also means it's likely not to sell out as fast.

Though I expect this will do better than GI Joe simply because it is a much more popular/anticipated film.

Hope 4k is the limit though, as once things start getting up in terms of print runs they don't feel as exclusive and interesting. Maybe that's just me?

EDIT: Also just realised they have TWO editions with a 4k run each? Talk about trying to milk people. Wonder what the difference is between them? Interested to find out tomorrow.

EDIT 2: Just saw the other thread with the alternate design, ha ha! My bad.

Last edited:
Adding following info to the OP.

Star Trek Into Darkness – The Villain Edition (Entertainment Store Exclusive)

Deluxe packaging featuring a 1:50 scale model of the USS Vengeance alongside a stunning 2D and 3D blu-ray plus digital copy steelbook. Limited to 4,000 copies and available exclusively from The Entertainment Store. Final packaging, steelbook finish, embossing, release date and pricing TBC.

Now I'm really interested as this comes with same model as US steel. If its around normal £28 price then that not to bad as that includes free UK shipping. It might be double print run but that would equal out with the free ship :scat:

Dear God....:p :boobies: Two versions !!!! EEK!

I like them both..:ohno:

Damn ES giving us 2 different versions as well as 1 from blufans...:hilarious:

Reactions: zoneism
Seems like these two versions are a mish mash of features from other releases globally, as the scale model comes with the Walmart release (though that one has a different steelbook) so it might be that the other ES version has features similar to Blufans or someone else (maybe the phaser version?).

But interesting to find out. Not long to wait at least. Roll on tomorrow.