Creed (Rocky spin-off) - In theaters November 25, 2015

Oct 11, 2011
Poole UK
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Creed (2015)

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Ryan Coogler[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Sylvester Stallone[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael B. Jordan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Graham McTavish[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tessa Thompson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Phylicia Rashād[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2015-11-25[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: A spinoff of the hit Rocky franchise is in the works titled Creed, the new film will follow the grandson of Apollo Creed. Stallone is planning to reprise his Rocky Balboa role, acting as the younger Creed's reluctant trainer. - The elder Creed, played by Carl Weathers, appeared in the first four Rocky films until a fight with Ivan Drago in Rocky IV led to his death in the ring.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
3cYbOX8Tks22kEfI1cI08vn6M2M.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]From IMDB:

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/sylvester-stallone-to-return-as-rocky-balboa-in-spin-off/314187
What do we think ladies and gents? I'm really hoping this goes ahead!
Couldn't have come at a better time, my two young boys have just started to get into the Rocky series, and only asked me last week if there would ever be another, my reply was "Not a chance I'm afraid".
Really hope this works out.
poster.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For me the whole Rocky Balboa character is done.... finished. Rocky Balboa (the film) finished the whole Rocky saga perfectly for me, so while I'd still watch it I think they should leave Rocky out of it as you just know he won't just be a 'trainer'..... he's bound to have a fight or two somewhere which yes, will be awesome to see on-screen but Rocky is done

CREED continues to move forward with Michael B. Jordan and Sylvester Stallone both starring.

From IMDb:
A proposed spin-off of the Rocky franchise centered on Apollo Creed's grandson.

Courtesy ComingSoon.net (Dec. 16, 2014):
The project first announced back in 2013, preproduction is moving forward on Creed, a feature film spinoff of the Rocky franchise. Today, Deadline reveals that the film has set Tessa Thompson (Dear White People, When a Stranger Calls) to star opposite Sylvester Stallone and Michael B. Jordan.

Creed follows Jordan as the grandson of Apollo Creed. Stallone is planning to reprise his Rocky Balboa role, acting as the younger Creed’s reluctant trainer. The elder Creed, played by Carl Weathers, appeared in the first four Rocky films until a fight with Ivan Drago in Rocky IV led to his death in the ring.

Thompson, who will play Creed‘s female lead, can next be seen as part of the ensemble cast of Ava DuVernay’s powerful Martin Luther King Jr. biopic Selma.

Fruitvale Station writer/director Ryan Coogler is drafting Creed alongside Aaron Covington. Stallone will also produce, alongside Robert Chartoff, Kevin King and Irwin Winkler.

Trailer just knocked out any interest I may have had in this.
A cash grab that ironically will grab no cash. Seriously...looks awful.
Not sure what trailer you just watched. Most of the Rocky sequels, as much as I love 'em, were cash-grabs. This seems like an honest attempt to tell a story that just happens to take place in the Rocky universe. This has been Ryan Coogler's dream project for years but it took the success of Fruitvale Station before he could get people interested in the idea/concept. If Sly Stallone is happy to put his famous character in the hands of another writer/director then that bodes well.

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Saw this last night and thought it was really solid. Yes, it's very predictable and formulaic, but it's well done. The performance of Stallone is indeed one of his best ever and Michael B Jordan was great as Creed. There's a decent amount of tracking shots that I enjoyed, however when used in the actual fights, the camera focused more on the characters rather than the fight itself. The callbacks to the older films are well done and this movie feels very realistic. Loved the nostalgic callback on the last fight and the music was definitely a crowd pleaser. While this isn't the best movie of the year, it's a very solid movie with great performances and a nice score. Much better than Southpaw in my opinion.

Saw this last night and thought it was really solid. Yes, it's very predictable and formulaic, but it's well done. The performance of Stallone is indeed one of his best ever and Michael B Jordan was great as Creed. There's a decent amount of tracking shots that I enjoyed, however when used in the actual fights, the camera focused more on the characters rather than the fight itself. The callbacks to the older films are well done and this movie feels very realistic. Loved the nostalgic callback on the last fight and the music was definitely a crowd pleaser. While this isn't the best movie of the year, it's a very solid movie with great performances and a nice score. Much better than Southpaw in my opinion.
Wow! Thanks for your review @doblbj2k :thumbs: Now I can't wait to see this :hungry:, hopefully this weekend! :cool:
creed.JPG