Groovy! Bruce Campbell says yes to Army of Darkness 2

denizen

The Shadow Ninja
Premium Supporter
Nov 13, 2012
South Africa
campbell-aodsequel.jpg

We already knew that Sam and Ivan Raimi were writing EVIL DEAD 4. But we haven't heard Bruce Campbell say anything about his involvement. Obviously you can't do another film without Ash! I mean, you can but... BLASPHEMY!
Good news is that Campbell is down for another go at it! Groovy!
During Wizard World Comic Con in Nashville, the actor was asked if he was going to make a sequel to ARMY OF DARKNESS. Here's what he had to say minus his boomstick:

"The last one was twenty-two years ago. I just haven’t been racing to do it. Sam Raimi is just a little bit busy making the biggest movies in Hollywood. I use to be busy. Now I’m not. That’s why I’m here.”
“Ash would have to stop occasionally from chasing some deadite to catch his breath. Maybe we could do that, I guess. That would be exciting. Fight in a walker. That would be alright. Hit them with my cane. Fake them out, have a fake heart attack, distract a zombie. I like it.”
“Alright sir, the answer is yes.”

Ahhhhh. It's a thing of beauty.

Still, there is NO actual confirmation other than Campbell's willingness to commit . We all kinda knew that already. Still thought i'd share. :)

Reactions: blumaster
Army of Darkness 2 Sam Rami Confirmed

Fede Alvarez, who directed this year’s Evil Dead remake, was asked on Twitter if he would be directing Army of Darkness 2. Alvarez, who is currently writing Evil Dead 2 with Rodo Sayagues, responded with confirmation that Raimi will be taking the helm!

Just last week Bruce Campbell confirmed his involvement, which really makes it sound as if momentum is picking up.

Source: Bloody Disgusting

Problem is he has said this all along with Evil Dead 4.... it's up to Raimi, etc etc and nothing ever happens.

When they post on-set pictures and a trailer I'll believe it ;)

Problem is he has said this all along with Evil Dead 4.... it's up to Raimi, etc etc and nothing ever happens.

When they post on-set pictures and a trailer I'll believe it ;)

True. Still, they'll keep posting statements till he finally does something about it. Chances are Fede Alvarez will probably have something more substantial to offer us than Raimi.

Or at least that was my thought. Wouldnt be surprised if Raimi passes the torch.