3D Glasses Please HELP

Ricker

Special Projects
Premium Supporter
Aug 24, 2011
Buxton Maine
So I bought my first 3D TV. to be delivered on Monday. But I am so confuse on glasses. this is the type that comes with my Samsung. So confused, why do glasses need batteries?
41Us3h9+YEL._SX425_.jpg

Typically, glasses that need to be charged are called 'Active 3D' glasses and often deliver a better image quality. But I thought that most current displays had the 'Passive 3D' glasses that did not need charging?

What's the model number of your TV?

Reactions: Ricker
Typically, glasses that need to be charged are called 'Active 3D' glasses and often deliver a better image quality. But I thought that most current displays had the 'Passive 3D' glasses that did not need charging?

What's the model number of your TV?

upload_2014-12-28_0-18-40.png

From Samsung's web site;

3D Active Glasses
Forget everything you know about traditional 3D glasses. The innovative and stylish design of Samsung’s new 3D Active Glasses allows you to comfortably watch your TV for multiple hours at a time. With a flexible temple support and lightweight, one-size-fits-all design, you will forget you are even wearing them.

Maybe a hair inconvenient due to having them charged, but from everything that I have heard, a better picture.

I´we been looking for a 3d glasses for my Samsung tv as well, too bad that all look like these
main_6.jpg

I tried these and i did not like them, if there is any light in the room it reflects on the in side on the glasses, i ended up taping pieces of paper on both sides of the glasses.

Why doesn't samsung come up with something like this

mitsubishi-x103-glasses-RGB-1.jpg

No not at all, my friend has a few pairs and there lightweight and don't drag your face down and you don't have a headache at the end of the movie. If you want to eliminate that though Samsung make THESE too.

EDIT: These ones for $17 though are not rechargeable. oops :bag:

Last edited:
It appears that Samsung has come down on there prices for there Active 3D glasses. I wouldn't sweat it though because I bought 3 prs of LG Active 3D glasses at $100 each and there heavy and they wear your face out by the end of the movie.

Thanks to everybody. I am now sorted out with the glasses. I picked up this item for storage as the glasses do not fold.
DSCN1311[1].jpg

Thanks to everybody. I am now sorted out with the glasses. I picked up this item for storage as the glasses do not fold.
View attachment 125918
The batteries last a long time. And they automatically shut off when there is not 3D pairing signal detected.
I also splurged to get a few custom pairs of Dimensional Optics 3 Actives. They last forever and are usb rechargable. I like the wraparound that doesn't allow light in from the sides. It's true they are heavier and kinda wear you out after one movie- but I'm not watching a marathon so...
And IMO, ACTIVE 3D beats the stuffing out of passive.
The 3D ANIMATED pictures just freakin' come out and smack you across the face! (Megamind comes to mind!)
DREDD and PACIFIC RIM were great too!!
Enjoy your TV!!
Oh- those fold up too!!
image.jpg
image.jpg