Jupiter Ascending - In theaters February 6th, 2015

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
In a universe where humans are near the bottom of the evolutionary ladder, a young destitute human woman is targeted for assassination by the Queen of the Universe because her very existence threatens to end the Queen's reign.
With: Mila Kunis, Channing Tatum, Sean Bean and more...

Trailer:

Attachments

• ltdFgZ40gobDmfRcCleYHAgRd7O.jpg
    ltdFgZ40gobDmfRcCleYHAgRd7O.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 232
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ash333 and tridon
Channing looks kinda funny in this film, but who cares? It's the Wachowskis and it has Sean Bean!!! :scat:

I'm pumped to see this, but sadly, I feel like this'll be another box office bomb for them... the third in a row after Speed Racer and Cloud Atlas. If that happens, I really doubt Warner will give them much money for another film unless that film is The Matrix 4.

I've got a scoop for you... Sean Bean will die! :hilarious:

I would be surprised if he doesn't die, lol. :hilarious: Seriously why do they always kill Sean Bean's character's off in everything. I was so happy at the end of Troy when his character made it out alive for once. :hilarious:

Back to the movie though..... eh, 50/50 chance it turns out to be a good one and does well.

New Trailer and Posters :thumbs:

Jupiter_Ascending_1.jpg

attachment.php

Jupiter Ascending -- New HD Trailer -- Official Warner Bros.

:movie:

Attachments

• Jupiter_Ascending_2.jpg
    Jupiter_Ascending_2.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 238
Last edited by a moderator:
the studio has just announced that they are pushing back the release of the film that also star Mila Kunis from this summer's original July 18th release. But they're not delaying it by just a few weeks. No, the studio has thrown the film all the way back to February 6th, 2015.

That's a push back... EEK!

NEW TRAILER!!!

Jupiter-Ascending-Poster.jpg

I think it was smart of them to push this back. With the HUGE success of Guardians, I think this has a better chance of doing well now would have been too busy to have been released in July. Plus Tatum will have a lot of Oscar buzz from Foxcatcher. Overall very smart my the studio.

ja.jpg

FEB 6th is the new release date FYI

Last edited:
Subscribe to HDN TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/1oOQ5JK Subscribe to HI-DEF NINJA: http://bit.ly/VUWeKF Like us on FACEBOOK: http://on.fb.me/1y5Ax8x Follow us on TWITTER: http://bit.ly/1qRSUvd Join the discussion FORUMS:http://bit.ly/1oMH02y In a universe where humans are near the bottom of the evolutionary ladder, a young destitute human woman is targeted for assassination by the Queen of the Universe because her very existence threatens to end the Queen's reign.

Continue reading...

NEW TRAILER!!!

View attachment 102844

I think it was smart of them to push this back. With the HUGE success of Guardians, I think this has a better chance of doing well now would have been too busy to have been released in July. Plus Tatum will have a lot of Oscar buzz from Foxcatcher. Overall very smart my the studio.

FEB 6th is the new release date FYI

Thanks for the update @kaw! :thumbs:

Awesome new trailer! :cool: Can't wait! :woot:

This interview has NOTHING to do about this movie, but DAMN I had to post it!!! I love her child!!!

Saw it in IMAX yesterday with the missus. I enjoyed it, although the story was mediocre. I didn't notice any IMAX footage (y'know, where the whole screen is full). Going to IMDB revealed that the aspect ratio for this movie is 2.35:1.

Some additional thoughts from me, directed primarily at a possible 2 more sequels. I'll use SPOILER tags just to be on the safe side.

So, the ending of Jupiter Ascending sees our titular heroine mastering the sky-surfing boots of Caine, but she's still cleaning toilets. How can the Wachowskis come up with a sequel, let alone 2 more to make an end-to-end trilogy? Here's what I think might happen:

Remember, there were the 3 Abrasax siblings, of which Balem perished, leaving us with Titus and Kalique. Titus, and to a lesser extent his sister Kalique struck me as being almost obsessed with looking young / regeneration. Of the 3, it's Titus who's the most dangerous for me. People often underestimate him (which is what he wants!) due to his pretty boy looks and almost constant fornication / practicing in carnal activities. Now also remember that we were constantly reminded in the film that Earth was this prize jewel, worth more than Titus and Kalique's holdings put together. Why? Simple; the humans on Earth possess the richest strain of the youth serum that the Royals desire. With supplies running out on other worlds, and also not being of a sufficiently high quality, Titus and / or Kalique decide to harvest the Earth by force. However, they'd need to kill Jupiter Jones before a full-scale harvest can occur. Jupiter, with the assistance of the crew of the Aegis, will need to rally rebels and sympathizers alike to mount a credible defence. We Earthlings will still be blissfully oblivious to all of this transpiring just off our planet. That's the rough outline of the plot for the 2nd film.

So where does that leave the 3rd film? Glad you asked. With Jupiter and the anti-Abrasax forces having beat back the harvesting of Earth, Jupiter will want to prevent a harvesting from ever happening, not just on Earth, but all worlds that the Abrasax have seeded. Ever. She and her selected envoys (Caine, Stinger, key crew members of the Aegis, etc.) will journey to key worlds / other Royal dynasties with the goal of uniting them in the battle against the Abrasax siblings. Now here's where I want to see a typical (although there's nothing typical about it) Wachowski twist; I want the recurrence of the Abrasax matriarch which is now Jupiter, to be more than skin deep; she needs to start manifesting personality traits that only those who knew the Abrasax matriarch will recognise. Quite how this plot tangent is handled is up to the creators / writers, etc. The end goal is to not only crush Abrasax, but to eliminate harvesting in its entirety. The trilogy ends with Jupiter reluctantly assuming leadership of all worlds and territories. The end.

My titles for the remaining 2 films are:
Jupiter: Eye of the Storm
Jupiter Ascendant

Now, onto something else; the books, film and TV series' of Frank Herbert's Dune are quite dear to me. Substitute Earth for Arrakis, and the youth serum for the spice, and you have a similar space opera to Dune (which incidentally, was littered with more political and royal intrigue than Game of Thrones and Jupiter Ascending put together!).

My one wish for any future sequels to Jupiter Ascending is for the storylines to be stronger, and more focus on the history of key characters like Caine, Stinger, etc. I *want* to know more about the Sky Jackers. I want to know more about Caine's backstory (so does my wife, but for entirely different reasons, I assure you!).

What do you think? Am I way off base here?

Some additional thoughts from me, directed primarily at a possible 2 more sequels. I'll use SPOILER tags just to be on the safe side.

So, the ending of Jupiter Ascending sees our titular heroine mastering the sky-surfing boots of Caine, but she's still cleaning toilets. How can the Wachowskis come up with a sequel, let alone 2 more to make an end-to-end trilogy? Here's what I think might happen:

Remember, there were the 3 Abrasax siblings, of which Balem perished, leaving us with Titus and Kalique. Titus, and to a lesser extent his sister Kalique struck me as being almost obsessed with looking young / regeneration. Of the 3, it's Titus who's the most dangerous for me. People often underestimate him (which is what he wants!) due to his pretty boy looks and almost constant fornication / practicing in carnal activities. Now also remember that we were constantly reminded in the film that Earth was this prize jewel, worth more than Titus and Kalique's holdings put together. Why? Simple; the humans on Earth possess the richest strain of the youth serum that the Royals desire. With supplies running out on other worlds, and also not being of a sufficiently high quality, Titus and / or Kalique decide to harvest the Earth by force. However, they'd need to kill Jupiter Jones before a full-scale harvest can occur. Jupiter, with the assistance of the crew of the Aegis, will need to rally rebels and sympathizers alike to mount a credible defence. We Earthlings will still be blissfully oblivious to all of this transpiring just off our planet. That's the rough outline of the plot for the 2nd film.

So where does that leave the 3rd film? Glad you asked. With Jupiter and the anti-Abrasax forces having beat back the harvesting of Earth, Jupiter will want to prevent a harvesting from ever happening, not just on Earth, but all worlds that the Abrasax have seeded. Ever. She and her selected envoys (Caine, Stinger, key crew members of the Aegis, etc.) will journey to key worlds / other Royal dynasties with the goal of uniting them in the battle against the Abrasax siblings. Now here's where I want to see a typical (although there's nothing typical about it) Wachowski twist; I want the recurrence of the Abrasax matriarch which is now Jupiter, to be more than skin deep; she needs to start manifesting personality traits that only those who knew the Abrasax matriarch will recognise. Quite how this plot tangent is handled is up to the creators / writers, etc. The end goal is to not only crush Abrasax, but to eliminate harvesting in its entirety. The trilogy ends with Jupiter reluctantly assuming leadership of all worlds and territories. The end.

My titles for the remaining 2 films are:
Jupiter: Eye of the Storm
Jupiter Ascendant

Now, onto something else; the books, film and TV series' of Frank Herbert's Dune are quite dear to me. Substitute Earth for Arrakis, and the youth serum for the spice, and you have a similar space opera to Dune (which incidentally, was littered with more political and royal intrigue than Game of Thrones and Jupiter Ascending put together!).

My one wish for any future sequels to Jupiter Ascending is for the storylines to be stronger, and more focus on the history of key characters like Caine, Stinger, etc. I *want* to know more about the Sky Jackers. I want to know more about Caine's backstory (so does my wife, but for entirely different reasons, I assure you!).

What do you think? Am I way off base here?

Unfortunately this movie did very poorly at the US box office and had a huge budget, so the chances of a sequel(s) are non-existant.