Robin Hood (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection #16) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: June 23, 2014
Price: £19.99
Purchase link: Robin Hood - will be live on March 1, 5:30PM UK time (12:30pm ET USA)
Notes: gloss finish, 4k print run
Group Buy: Click HERE (Hosted by NM)

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

10907484-1393524399-510164.jpg

10907484-1393868362-464402.jpg

10907484-1393524399-510155.jpg
See the entire Zavvi Steelbook collection

Attachments

• 10907484-1393511889-655423.jpg
    10907484-1393511889-655423.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 617
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:
its cool that all these wonderful disney and pixar titles are being released but... way too many being bunched together in a short time frame. Also the finishes are non unique in comparison to the vivas and original fs/bb steel releases. virtually everythings been matte and embossed.

Reactions: Troll2Fan
I think it would be a great idea to not create individual threads until a title is properly announced. How about posting these in the Zavvi Disney collection thread till titles are announced :dunno:

Reactions: NinjaFeetz
Guys, opinions, and comments are fine-but when people hide behind their screen names (or multiple screen names), and spray multiple threads with negative nelly comments (regardless what release or retailer), it catches on differently than it does for positive comments, and you end up with an awful atmosphere, which often leads to personal attacks-and it gets old and tired very fast. No one wants to read or be subscribed to threads where the same people are arguing about the same things over and over again. The folks that own and maintain this site every day have not set out to have that kind of community here (there are plenty of sites out there, where 'anything goes') and people don't care to respect each other. But that is not cool here, and never has been. Lets keep it respectful and fun-we're talking about movies and collectibles, which are supposed to be positive hobbies. Negativity begets negativity.

Please don't feed the trolls-and if you have an issue with a member that goes beyond this board, or worse, are getting threatened, please contact us, as has been discussed with some of you already. Thanks.

Oh man..so many SB's...thank you for the info Digitalbabe.

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

I think it would be a great idea to not create individual threads until a title is properly announced. How about posting these in the Zavvi Disney collection thread till titles are announced :dunno:

It is announced. It just doesn't have a name yet. We know it's coming out, they links to order are live. Better to create the thread now and get the info out there.

Reactions: knights2009
Guys, opinions, and comments are fine-but when people hide behind their screen names (or multiple screen names), and spray multiple threads with negative nelly comments (regardless what release or retailer), it catches on differently than it does for positive comments, and you end up with an awful atmosphere, which often leads to personal attacks-and it gets old and tired very fast. No one wants to read or be subscribed to threads where the same people are arguing about the same things over and over again. The folks that own and maintain this site every day have not set out to have that kind of community here (there are plenty of sites out there, where 'anything goes') and people don't care to respect each other. But that is not cool here, and never has been. Lets keep it respectful and fun-we're talking about movies and collectibles, which are supposed to be positive hobbies. Negativity begets negativity.

Please don't feed the trolls-and if you have an issue with a member that goes beyond this board, or worse, are getting threatened, please contact us, as has been discussed with some of you already. Thanks.

I understand what your saying and your totally in the right that but just to point out I've seen more people on here CALLING the people who criticize Zavvi (for example) fairly then the other way round. I don't think I've ever seen someone say something nice about Zavvi only for someone to turn round and bash them for it.

So much gloss! Come on, a little bit of contrast would be appreciated, some glossy some matte.

IF they're all glossy there will be nothing to differentiate between the Disney steels. Zavvi obviously went undercover on HDN XD

Gloss huh? Makes the predicting all the more interesting. Which lucky movie got the special treatment? XD

Hey rj-no prob-good to see you here!

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

I understand what your saying and your totally in the right that but just to point out I've seen more people on here CALLING the people who criticize Zavvi (for example) fairly then the other way round. I don't think I've ever seen someone say something nice about Zavvi only for someone to turn round and bash them for it.

Robson-wish I could agree with you, but having been here for several years now and involved at all levels, some people are extremely quick to accuse people of supporting an 'unpopular' retailer (this has happened for years, with multiple retailers, and runs in cycles), as well. We've seen it all by now-sadly, sometimes people act poorly...especially on the 'anonymous' internet. But as we've always said, everyone involved at this site is a movie fan and collector of the items we cover at our site, and passionate about the hobby. As you can't please everyone, all of the time, we still always try to make the community as informative, safe and friendly as possible, so members enjoy the time they spend here:oohyeah:

Or maybe we know the titles and know more info is coming soon and since none of the staff do this full time it's easier to manage piece by piece until we are allowed to announce. There is no conspiracy. Sorry I'm just happy they are all gloss.

i have been criticized for saying nice thing's about zavvi,happens all the time.
trust me

e84453ed_Are-You-*******-Kidding-Me-Rage-Face-Meme-Template-Blank-300x295.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, there are other communities out there, BR springs to mind. A less hostile environment (no offense) and you are never squelched for stating what's on your mind - if you're actually looking for actual discussion regarding steels, distributors, transfer qualities, or even the film itself (you can only have so many conversations on art, finish quality, and stock counts, sadly). This place is great in that it's usually the first to get news regarding steels, and the group buys which are beyond excellent (I can't express how much respect and gratitude I have for the hosts and people that help with shipping)... But things tend to get heated fairly quickly here. Not really sure why, guess it just comes with the territory of passionate collectors, as DB mentioned above? The dramatic differences between the communities is curious though... I even notice a few members who act snide on here act a lot more respectful over there. Anyway, at the end of the day, it is a truly unique site that I like being a part of despite some of its flaws :)

Well, there are other communities out there, BR springs to mind. A less hostile environment (no offense) and you are never squelched for stating what's on your mind - if you're actually looking for actual discussion regarding steels, distributors, transfer qualities, or even the film itself (you can only have so many conversations on art, finish quality, and stock counts, sadly). This place is great in that it's usually the first to get news regarding steels, and the group buys which are beyond excellent (I can't express how much respect and gratitude I have for the hosts and people that help with shipping)... But things tend to get heated fairly quickly here. Not really sure why, guess it just comes with the territory of passionate collectors as DB mentioned above? The dramatic differences between the communities is curious though... I even notice a few members who act snide on here act a lot more respectful over there. Anyway, at the end of the day, it is a truly unique site that I like being a part of :)
we may have had our "disagreements" but well said. i have debates discussions all the time,but i don't dislike anyone here. well one,but hey only cause he personally went after me so we can let that slide :oohyeah: here's to many more years of steelbooks and HDN!

Never squelched for what's on your mind? I know plenty of people here who are great people who got banned there for the slightest things ...

All the hostility here is practically all from either "I hate Zavvi" or "I love zavvi" ... the news is here first and thus the first reactions of people get posted here first ... they calm down when making their later posts at other sites. :p