Power Rangers - In theaters March 24, 2017

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Saban's Power Rangers (2017)

Tagline: Back to action!

Genre: [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Dean Israelite[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Naomi Scott[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dacre Montgomery[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ludi Lin[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]RJ Cyler[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Becky Gomez[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Elizabeth Banks[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2017-03-24[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Saban’s Power Rangers follows five ordinary high school kids who must become something extraordinary when they learn that their small town of Angel Grove – and the world – is on the verge of being obliterated by an alien threat. Chosen by destiny, our heroes quickly discover that they are the only ones who can save the planet. But to do so they will have to overcome their real-life issues and band together as the Power Rangers before it is too late.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
oGLxlX9HJfmzUp4Pd2j07SBb8rT.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Lionsgate and Saban Brands Partner for Power Rangers Live-Action Movie! :cool:
rangers_banner.jpg

MMPR.jpg

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=117994
Lionsgate and Saban Brands are partnering to develop and produce an original live-action feature film based on the iconic "Power Rangers" property, it was announced today by creator of "Power Rangers" Haim Saban and Lionsgate Chief Executive Officer Jon Feltheimer.

Saban launched "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" as a live-action TV series more than 20 years ago, and the series has been in continuous production ever since. It has subsequently grown into one of the world’s most popular and recognizable brands, with toys, apparel, costumes, video games, DVD's, comic books and other merchandise.

The two companies noted that, with an extensive and extremely devoted worldwide fan base as well as a deep and detailed mythology, the "Power Rangers" are primed for the big screen. The new film franchise will re-envision the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, a group of high school kids who are infused with unique and cool super powers but must harness and use those powers as a team if they have any hope of saving the world.

"Lionsgate is the perfect home for elevating our Power Rangers brand to the next level," said Saban. "They have the vision, marketing prowess and incredible track record in launching breakthrough hits from 'The Hunger Games' to 'Twilight' and 'Divergent.' In partnership with the Lionsgate team, we're confident that we will capture the world of the Power Rangers and translate it into a unique and memorable motion picture phenomenon with a legacy all its own."

"We're thrilled to be partnering with Haim Saban and his team to maximize the potential of this immensely successful and universally recognized franchise," said Feltheimer. "The Power Rangers stories and characters have been embraced by generations of audiences for more than 20 years, and today they are more powerful than ever. We have the ideal partner and the perfect brand with which to create a motion picture event that will resonate with moviegoers around the world for years to come."

Saban's "Power Rangers" franchise is the brainchild of Haim Saban, creator and producer of the original "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" hit series that launched in 1993. Following its introduction, "Power Rangers" quickly became the most-watched children's television program in the United States and remains one of the top-rated and longest running boys live-action series in television history. The series follows the adventures of a group of ordinary teens who "morph" into superheroes and save the world from evil. It is seen in more than 150 markets around the world, translated into numerous languages and is a mainstay in the most prominent international children's programming blocks.

20th Century Fox previously released two feature films, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie in 1995 and Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie in 1997.
Lionsgate?! :confused: Hmmm, interesting... I grew up watching the Rangers! Hell, I even went to go see the 2 films in the theaters! :emb: :p So F**K Yeah! I'm all for it! This can be fu**ing awesome! Imagine if this is made similar to Pacific Rim! :thumbs: ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Blurian and ocielz
Jason David Frank has been trying to get a more gritty Power Rangers reboot off the ground for years... wonder if he is involved at all? I sure hope so!

Reactions: bloodsnake007
'Power Rangers' Movie Enlists 'X-Men' Writers (Exclusive)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/power-rangers-movie-enlists-x-718684

power_rangers_a_l.jpg

The upcoming movie being developed by Lionsgate and rights holder Saban Brands will be scripted by X-Men: First Class writers Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz.

Additionally, Roberto Orci, one of the screenwriters behind theTransformersand Star Trek movies, is coming on board as an exec producer.

Orci who recently split with screenwriting partner Alex Kurtzman, has formed a new venture, Sneaky Shark.

Orci will develop the movie’s story along with Miller and Stentz, with the latter two handling screenwriting duties.

Power Rangers was a '90s TV series and global marketing franchise, initially called The Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, that used footage from a Japanese children’s show. It first aired on Fox Kids then in the 2000s on Disney-owned channels. A movie also hit theaters in 1995.

The new movie promises to completely re-envision the Rangers, a group of high school kids who are infused with unique superpowers but must harness and use those powers as a team if they have any hope of saving the world.

Haim Saban, who created the franchise, will produce Power Rangers with Saban Brands’ head of development and production Brian Casentini. Also producing is Allison Shearmur, who oversaw The Hunger Games when she was Lionsgate’s president of production and recently produced Disney's Cinderella.

In addition to First Class, Miller and Stentz have screenwriting credit on Marvel’sThor and are working on a Terminator TV series. They worked with Orci onFringe, the cult TV show he created with Kurtzman.

In addition to three Transformers movies and two Trek films, Orci’s writing credits include Mission: Impossible III, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and Cowboys & Aliens, among several others.

Orci is repped by CAA, Miller and Stentz by WME and Principato Young Entertainment.

Lionsgate Motion Picture Group co-president Erik Feig and executive vp production and development Jim Miller are overseeing Rangers.

:thumbs:

Last edited:
Power Rangers Hits the Big Screen on July 22, 2016! :thumbs:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=121809

Following their announcement of the project in May, Lionsgate and Saban have officially set Power Rangers for release on July 22, 2016!

PowerRaners_Twitter!.PNG

Based on a story by executive producer Roberto Orci (The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Star Trek Into Darkness) and screenwriters Zack Stentz and Ashley Miller (X-Men: First Class, Thor) comes a modern reinvention of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, a group of ordinary high school kids who find themselves infused with extraterrestrial powers and must harness those powers as a team to save the world.

Saban's "Power Rangers" franchise is the brainchild of Haim Saban, creator and producer of the original "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" hit series that launched in 1993. Following its introduction, "Power Rangers" quickly became the most-watched children's television program in the United States and remains one of the top-rated and longest running boys live-action series in television history. The series follows the adventures of a group of ordinary teens who "morph" into superheroes and save the world from evil. It is seen in more than 150 markets around the world, translated into numerous languages and is a mainstay in the most prominent international children's programming blocks.

20th Century Fox previously released two feature films, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie in 1995 and Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie in 1997.

Other producers on the project include Haim Saban, Brian Casentini and Allison Shearmur.

:cool: :notworthy:

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: RekLess and ocielz
Say what you want about Adi Shankar... This would make a wicked live action Power Rangers movie! THIS IS WHAT I WANT!

NSFW (BTW)

Say what you want about Adi Shankar... This would make a wicked live action Power Rangers movie! THIS IS WHAT I WANT!

NSFW (BTW)

Okay this is the first I heard about a power rangers movie lol but that test footage was quite cool but surely they won't make it that violent and dark like kick ass? Or am I wrong?
I wouldn't be able to take it serious anyway.

@Flloydo Pretty sure this has nothing to do with the Lionsgate movie. You can see an Interview with Shankar here (NSFW). He explains why they made this short film.
(IMO, he is a arrogant jerk it seems like... but he has made some great stuff)

Reactions: Flloydo
@Flloydo Pretty sure this has nothing to do with the Lionsgate movie. You can see an Interview with Shankar here (NSFW). He explains why they made this short film.

Oh ok, I thought maybe because of the test footage last year of deadpool and what's happeing with that now this might be similar. So is the actual film going to look all childish and completely dated? Sorry just my opinion. Should of stayed in the 90's vault if you ask me. Hollywood seriously running out of ideas lol

Back in April, Lionsgate announced that their upcoming big screen reboot of the classic TV series “Power Rangers” has been delayed from July 22, 2016 until January 13, 2017.

12.gif

Power Rangers Director calls film’s script ‘Mature but Playful’

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...irector-calls-films-script-mature-but-playful
Though the film was recently delayed eight months, pre-production continues on Lionsgate’s reboot of the TV series “Power Rangers” which has Project Almanac‘s Dean Israelite set to direct. IGN recently caught up with Israelite and asked him about the project, the script for which he had high praise.

“I read the script and was really surprised by it and thought there was a really cool, contemporary, mature but still playful, buoyant and fun take on the material, and was updated in a really interesting way. It had this wonderful character that’s essential to going on a fantastic adventure. I was instantly drawn to it. I remember it as a kid. I grew up with it in South Africa. When I opened the script I had no idea how it was going to be updated, and I was really impressed by it. So I put a really big presentation together, because I needed to win the job. There were a lot of guys going out for it and saw the potential in it, so I put a really big presentation together and was lucky enough to get the job. We’re in sort of a soft pre-production right now, doing a lot of design work and reimagining the world. It’s really cool and exciting.”

Israelite also revealed they’re in the beginnings of casting for the film and with shooting set to begin soon we can begin to expect announcements coming up “in the next few months.”
popcorn2.gif

Naomi Scott is the Pink Ranger in Lionsgate’s Power Rangers Reboot!
pink-ranger-header1.jpg

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...ink-ranger-in-lionsgates-power-rangers-reboot
This weekend, word broke about actors testing for the various roles in Lionsgate‘s upcomingPower Rangers reboot, and the studio has officially announced the first cast member. Naomi Scott (The Martian, “Terra Nova”) will star as Kimberly, AKA The Pink Ranger!

Other actors reportedly up for parts in the film include KJ Apa (“Shortland Street”), Austin Butler (“Arrow,” “The Carrie Diaries”) and Mitchell Hope (“Descendants”) for the role of Jason/The Red Ranger and Daniel Zovatto (It Follows), Ross Butler (“Chasing Life”) and Brian “Sene” Marc (“Major Crimes”) in contention for Zack/The Black Ranger.
tumblr_lo5ezqlsn71qg93p4o1_500.gif

Reactions: RekLess