• I don't mind...

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
With pretty much all the Disney's exclusive at Future Shop, they seem to have Regular (English only) and Bilingual editions. May I remind you the steelbook are exactly the SAME but the j-card is different.
Sometime (like Avengers), you can have more content too on one compared to the other... :naughty:

What do you think about them?

Full shot (of Thor 2) to compare Regular & Bilingual:
Img_9166.jpg Img_9167.jpg Img_9168.jpg

Last edited:
I seriously find that amusing. Because the biling is the exact same product just with a different J card

ummmmmm ............ ok we will go with that as what I was talking about :D

In all seriousness though, I hear what you are saying. Grabbed a bunch of the bilingual Disney's back in the day as at the time there were the two versions, the English only and the bilingual. I am glad I did as that whole English only Disney run ended up being shared, about 2 months later, with the US. The bilingual ones were the ones to have as they were one of a kind.

I kept them sealed and they are still that way

Cheers
CrashKelly

Reactions: hellboydce1
For sure, it's all about the bi :naughty:

Cheers
CrashKelly

I don't know what the appeal of the bilingual one is, the writing takes twice the room and we can barely read the descriptions and see the specs... but I guess it must be the foreign feel to it I guess for you ?

I guess time to cancel my zavvi ones also

Reactions: dfoles
I don't know what the appeal of the bilingual one is, the writing takes twice the room and we can barely read the descriptions and see the specs... but I guess it must be the foreign feel to it I guess for you ?

I guess time to cancel my zavvi ones also

Where is that ninja that got my joke last time ;)

In all seriousness now, it is not foreign to me as I live in Canada and French is one of our official languages, along with English and Klingon. It is all about the rarity and print run. The bilingual one will only be sold in Canada and there will not be that many of them at all. I know that the steelbook is exactly the same but it is like some of the Korean steels that are exactly the same as the uk one except for a different slip.

Cheers
CrashKelly

Reactions: BluRayJunkie

In all seriousness now, it is not foreign to me as I live in Canada and French is one of our official languages, along with English and Klingon. It is all about the rarity and print run. The bilingual one will only be sold in Canada and there will not be that many of them at all. I know that the steelbook is exactly the same but it is like some of the Korean steels that are exactly the same as the uk one except for a different slip.

Cheers
CrashKelly

yes that joke was funny :)

I get where you are coming from, but i don't agree on that factor...I don't think that bi J-card will make a difference in terms of value.

I actually feel the opposite and I am french, I don't like them. They are messy I find everything is squished... I find the english j-cards to be much clearer and have a nicer smooth look.

but in term of print run bi versus anglo I guess that would be an interesting info to have.

Last edited:

Cheers
CrashKelly

The English only Canadian steelbook will have a data card that's unique to Canada as well - just as the Best Buy version will have a data card unique to the USA, the UK SB different data card to the rest of Europe and etc

Reactions: Actarus
yes that joke was funny :)

I get where you are coming from, but i don't agree on that factor...I don't think that bi J-card will make a difference in terms of value.

I actually feel the opposite and I am french, I don't like them. They are messy I find everything is squished... I find the english j-cards to be much clearer and have a nicer smooth look.

but in term of print run bi versus anglo I guess that would be an interesting info to have.

The English only Canadian steelbook will have a data card that's unique to Canada as well - just as the Best Buy version will have a data card unique to the USA, the UK SB different data card to the rest of Europe and etc

Hey there,

Not so much on the value but on the rarity/print run as Canada has a fairly small population in comparison to a lot of other countries, US for example, and only a small portion of that population would be after the bilingual version of this release. FutureShop knows this a thereby will only create a "few" of the release with the bilingual J-Card. Out West where I am I would be surprised if each store got more than 2 or 3 of the bilingual one. Yes, it can be pre-ordered, but the chances of getting a perfect copy in the mail are pretty slim and the ones that show up damaged in any way just reduce the minty mint count that much more.

On a shared release, Canada and the US, I have not ever compared the J-Cards but would be interested to the difference.

Cheers
CrashKelly

Hey there,

Not so much on the value but on the rarity/print run as Canada has a fairly small population in comparison to a lot of other countries, US for example, and only a small portion of that population would be after the bilingual version of this release. FutureShop knows this a thereby will only create a "few" of the release with the bilingual J-Card. Out West where I am I would be surprised if each store got more than 2 or 3 of the bilingual one. Yes, it can be pre-ordered, but the chances of getting a perfect copy in the mail are pretty slim and the ones that show up damaged in any way just reduce the minty mint count that much more.

On a shared release, Canada and the US, I have not ever compared the J-Cards but would be interested to the difference.

Cheers
CrashKelly

Quebec as a province is the 2nd most populated province in Canada, so FS IMO puts out massively in what I believe bi release since we are the 2nd largest customers in canada. Even Amazon.ca, even though they serve the whole country, even if you order from an english city you will most likely get a bilingual copy. It's actually the opposite I have been fighting with amazon.ca to get english copies for so long...even when it comes from the vancouver warehouse, you get bilingual covers, it's ridiculous(unless you get the Sundance movies those copies will be english only but not steelbook). I don't feel the bi are rare unless you have a release like Thor 2 with english and Bi J-cards which will be sold out during pre orders and both will be sough after.

Last edited: