Straight Outta Compton - In theaters August 14, 2015

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Straight Outta Compton (2015)

Tagline: The Story of N.W.A.

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Music[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]F. Gary Gray[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Paul Giamatti[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Aldis Hodge[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Keith Stanfield[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Angela Elayne Gibbs[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alexandra Shipp[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Orlando Brown[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Orlando Brown[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]R. Marcus Taylor[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Corey Hawkins[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Allen Maldonado[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dean Cameron[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]O'Shea Jackson Jr.[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Neil Brown Jr.[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Aeriél Miranda[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lauren Pacheco[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2015-08-14[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: The group NWA emerges from the streets of Compton, California in the mid-1980s and revolutionizes pop culture with their music and tales about life in the hood.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
btqfQD9KE6lotTF0mI3wHvTfCyT.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Universal has put out an official release for the film:

http://www.slashfilm.com/straight-outta-compton-cast-photo/

Ice Cube’s son O’Shea Jackson Jr. will play Cube, Jason Mitchell will play Eazy-E, and Corey Hawkins will be on screen as Dr. Dre. Now Universal has given the film a release date, and released the first Straight Outta Compton cast photo. See that pic below.

straight-outta-compton.jpg

Straight Outta Compton will hit theaters on August 14, 2015, with F. Gary Gray (Friday, Set It Off) directing.

In that photo you see, clockwise from top left, producer Ice Cube, director F. Gary Gray, producer Dr. Dre, Corey Hawkins (Dr. Dre), Jason Mitchell (Eazy-E) and O’Shea Jackson Jr. (Ice Cube).

Here’s the official info from Universal:
In the mid-1980s, the streets of Compton, California, were some of the most dangerous in the country. When five young men translated their experiences growing up into brutally honest music that rebelled against abusive authority, they gave an explosive voice to a silenced generation. Following the meteoric rise and fall of N.W.A., STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON tells the astonishing story of how these youngsters revolutionized music and pop culture forever the moment they told the world the truth about life in the hood and ignited a cultural war.

Starring O’Shea Jackson Jr., Corey Hawkins and Jason Mitchell as Ice Cube, Dr. Dre and Eazy-E, STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON is directed by F. Gary Gray (Friday, Set It Off, The Italian Job). The drama is produced by original N.W.A. members Ice Cube and Dr. Dre, who are joined by fellow producers Matt Alvarez and Tomica Woods-Wright. Will Packer serves as executive producer of the film alongside Gray.

NWA.jpg

popcorn2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously can't wait to watch this, got goose pimples just watching the trailer, so many bad ass memories from that era, still drop the Straight out of Compton CD in my car and still sounds better than most of the crap out there today :cool::cool:

same here ... i just prefer Efil4zaggin as their masterpiece.

Seriously can't wait to watch this, got goose pimples just watching the trailer, so many bad ass memories from that era, still drop the Straight out of Compton CD in my car and still sounds better than most of the crap out there today :cool::cool:

Agree 100%

I remember picking up so many albums in the mid to late 80’s…most were classics when compared to what is out there today (although my search continues for that elusive Dre track I heard in 1999 and never again since – a Realplayer file on an old site called dreday.com….incredible beat!!). If only Dre would drop some of those unreleased gems from the vault :naughty:

Good times!

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Need to search out this part of the forum because I wanted to comment how much I was blown away by the Red Band Trailer for this film.

Went from a Top 20 film to watch to a Top 3 for me.

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Wow! The actors they got to play the roles look almost exactly alike! Impressive!
Looks wicked!

Well that is Cube's son playing Ice Cube in the movie. ;)

Movie is looking bad ass for sure.

Do a steelbook and put in a multi disc plastic tray to put the CDs in. :p

Reactions: Marina Blue
Pigvomit! Awesome to see Giamatti in this. I'm kind of excited to see this. When they did Notorious a few years back, I was skeptical. But then turned out reasonably decent. I was always more of West Coast fan, so this could be quite cool. The best movie I have now to approximate it is Fear of a Black Hat :)