The Interview - In theaters as a limited release...

Snollygoster

Creative | YouTube
Premium Supporter
Apr 13, 2012
From IMDB:
Dave Skylark and his producer Aaron Rapoport run the popular celebrity tabloid TV show "Skylark Tonight." When they discover that North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un is a fan of the show, they land an interview with him in an attempt to legitimize themselves as journalists.
With: Seth Rogen, James Franco

Trailer:

Attachments

• interview.jpg
    interview.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 209
Last edited by a moderator:
Sony Pictures announced Tuesday it had scrapped the Dec. 25 release of "The Interview" after a number of major movie chains announced they would not show the film in the wake of threats from unknown hackers implying the theaters were at risk.

Sony released a statement saying, "In light of the decision by the majority of our exhibitors not to show the film The Interview, we have decided not to move forward with the planned December 25 theatrical release. We respect and understand our partners' decision and, of course, completely share their paramount interest in the safety of employees and theater-goers."

source; http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-interview-approved-theaters-upping-security/

You know better to be safe than sorry , thing is depending what and where IF big IF lives are at stake then maybe better to hold off a short time untill a time when ALL risk has passed.

This will get a relise I recon and the publisaty this will genarate will make it a biggger hit than it would have been without this story.

When I saw the trailer, i thought "that is pretty risky subject matter". But I never thought it would go this far.
But in all honesty... This is amazing press for the movie. As much as Sony hates this... they must also love that everyone is talking about it.
When it does come out (on VOD or a new release date or whatever) it should do very well.

Many relationships, contracts and reputations have been tainted or ruined by this whole hacking disaster. This stinks, but with further threats made towards the company and the nightmare that is their hardware sales, I am sure there is massive anxiety-ridden huddle happening PR-wise all the way to the top.

It's pretty crazy what has happened. I read it while I was on break today at work lol. Not sure how I feel about all this..however I am majoring in cyber security..so maybe one day I can help stop this crap.. lol