The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Extended Edition (3D+2D Blu-ray Jumbo G1 SteelBook) [France]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 12th, 2014
Purchase links:
Amazon.fr €45.14
FNAC.com €44.99

01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Drum18
With the last infos I get from Warner...

1st possibility: It has been cancelled...
2nd possibility: It' will be a web exclusive , nothing in stores...

Wait and see...

Does anybody new which subs will be on this steelbook?

At first I wanted to order the Uk version, but the Uk steelbook only has dutch subs on the 2D discs and not on the 3D discs
I would really like if this steelbook would have dutch subs on the 2d and 3d disc, just like the extended steelbook version of The Hobbit an unexpected journey

Last edited:
Reactions: Xenomorph
Does anybody new which subs will be on this steelbook?

At first I wanted to order the Uk version, but the Uk steelbook only has dutch subs on the 2D discs and not on the 3D discs
I would really like if this steelbook would have dutch subs on the 2d and 3d disc, just like the extended steelbook version of The Hobbit an unexpected journey
2D: ENG/FRE(DTS HD MA 7.1) /ITA(DD5.1) and subs (plus NED subs), same disc as the UK edition

3D specs not known yet, but they will likely be the same

Last edited:
Reactions: Xenomorph
2D & 3D
AUDIO:

Codec Language Bitrate Description
----- -------- ------- -----------
DTS-HD Master Audio English 4809 kbps 7.1 / 48 kHz / 4809 kbps / 24-bit (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 24-bit)
DTS-HD Master Audio French 2733 kbps 7.1 / 48 kHz / 2733 kbps / 16-bit (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 16-bit)
Dolby Digital Audio Italian 448 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 448 kbps / DN -4dB

SUBTITLES:

Codec Language Bitrate Description
----- -------- ------- -----------
Presentation Graphics English 50,323 kbps
Presentation Graphics French 41,216 kbps
Presentation Graphics Dutch 41,219 kbps
Presentation Graphics Italian 53,123 kbps
Presentation Graphics French 1,956 kbps
Presentation Graphics Italian 1,890 kbps

Reactions: Sargast
Confirmed G1?

I have just seen it in store (went to pick up Transcendence, now that is a classy steelbook) and I can sadly confirm this is G1 :(.

It's too bad because I for one prefer this front art with Smaug over the one with Bilbo, but I guess I'll have no choice but to order the UK edition. Too bad Warner didn't follow through after their stellar run on the first Hobbit (3 different steelbooks & 1 great lenticular edition).