Horror-Theatrical Underworld: Blood Wars - In theaters January 06, 2017

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Underworld: Next Generation (2016)

Genre: [GENRE]Horror[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Anna Foerster[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Kate Beckinsale[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Theo James[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]India Eisley[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2016-10-21[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Focuses on a new and younger generation of vampires and werewolves who are locked in a seemingly never-ending battle between supernatural races.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
LargePosters
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDB:
Starring: Theo James

Rather than continuing the story of Kate Beckinsale's Selene, UNDERWORLD 5 will follow Theo James' character David who first appeared in UNDERWORLD: AWAKENING.

So not a reboot per se, but still no resolution to the cliffhanger ending from AWAKENING. :(

Attachments

• Theo.jpg
    Theo.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 896
  • underworld_blood_wars-789908569-large.jpg
    underworld_blood_wars-789908569-large.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 1,402
Last edited:
Beckinsale undoubtadely said no after Awakening failed to hit it big at the box office. This is the only way they can continue the story. If this is successful, they might consider a Kate reunion.

Reactions: ocielz
Eh...sounds like they are trying to rope in a younger audience as well. I won't dismiss it since I do like the franchise, so I will stay tuned.

Reactions: psychoscot
This one's for you @digitalbabe! :woot: :thumbs: :cool:

Kate Beckinsale Confirmed for Underworld 5! :drool::drool::drool:
selene.jpg

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/440735-kate-beckinsale-confirmed-for-underworld-5
Kate Beckinsale will be back on the big screen as the Vampire warrior Selene in the upcoming fifth installment of Lakeshore Entertainment and Screen Gems’ hit Underworld franchise. The Hollywood Reporter has the news, bringing word that the production has also found a director in Anna Foerster, best known for her work with Roland Emmerich, most recently as the director of photography on 2013’s White House Down.

It was reported last fall that Theo James will also be returning to the franchise, reprising his role as the Vampire David. At that time, it was not believed that Beckinsale would be back for the fifth film. Today’s report, however, confirms that both talents will again star opposite one another.
popcorn2.gif

Not many people enjoyed Evolution. But I thought it was great. Its a pity we never got a direct sequel of that. Rather a loose end story like Awakening. I really hope Next Generation picks up its feet or it could end up being a sad end to a great franchise.

If only Len Wiseman would return. :(

[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Underworld: Next Generation (2016)

Genre: [GENRE]Horror[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Anna Foerster[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Kate Beckinsale[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Theo James[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]India Eisley[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2016-10-21[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Focuses on a new and younger generation of vampires and werewolves who are locked in a seemingly never-ending battle between supernatural races.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
LargePosters
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

From IMDB
With Kate Beckinsale, Theo James, Bradley James and more...
tumblr_mfevf3I6RW1r6y67yo2_500.gif

resize.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: IRON MAN
Earlier this week, Screem Gems & Lakeshore Entertainment announced that they have officially begun production on their upcoming Underworld sequel, which features the return of Kate Beckinsale as vampire extraordinaire Selene.

Joining Beckinsale for the fifth installment are Theo James reprising his role as David, Tobias Menzies as a new Lycan leader, Lara Pulver as a new vampire, and Charles Dance reprising his role as Vampire elder Thomas. Additionally, James Faulkner, Peter Andersson, Clementine Nicholson, Bradley James, and Daisy Head have been cast in undisclosed roles. Anna Foerster is directing with a script from Cory Goodman.

Check out the full press release below:
PRAGUE, Oct. 19, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Principal photography is underway on the latest installment of Screen Gems/Lakeshore Entertainment's blockbuster UNDERWORLD series, which has grossed nearly $500 million worldwide. The ten-week shoot will take place entirely in the Czech capital and areas surrounding.

Theo James (The Divergent Series) returns as Selene's ally David, reprising the role he played in Underworld: Awakening. British actors Tobias Menzies ("Outlander", "Rome") and Lara Pulver ("Sherlock") take on the respective roles of a formidable new Lycan leader and a fiercely ambitious Vampire, and Charles Dance ("Game of Thrones") again plays Vampire elder Thomas. Rounding out the film's stellar international cast are: James Faulkner ("Game of Thrones"), Peter Andersson (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo), newcomer Clementine Nicholson, Bradley James (A&E's upcoming "Damien") and Daisy Head (the upcoming Fallen).

Anna Foerster is the director of UNDERWORLD 5. Foerster, who previously directed episodes of the television series Criminal Mindsand Outlander, is widely known for her work as cinematographer on epic blockbusters such as Independence Day, The Day After Tomorrow and White House Down.

The screenplay for UNDERWORLD 5 was penned by Cory Goodman (The Last Witch Hunter, Priest) and based on characters originally created by Kevin Grevioux, Len Wiseman and Danny McBride. Lakeshore Entertainment's Tom Rosenberg (The Lincoln Lawyer, Million Dollar Baby), Gary Lucchesi (Million Dollar Baby, Underworld), and Richard S. Wright (The Lincoln Lawyer, Underworld) are producing as are David Kern (Underworld: Awakening), along with Len Wiseman (Underworld, Total Recall).

Foerster's accomplished behind-the-scenes team comprises cinematographer Karl W. Lindenlaub (The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, Independence Day), production designer Ondrej Nekvasil (Snowpiercer), costume designer Bojana Nikitovic (A Good Day to Die Hard), and editor Peter Amundson (Pacific Rim, Underworld: Rise of the Lycans).
@digitalbabe

Oh and for my own pleasure:
WLQQ9xX.gif

Sf1oyvv.gif

I can understand the urge to get excited over Kate's return however I get the sense this movie is not going to go down in history as the best instalment of the franchise.

Dammit @Drum18, now I cant go to sleep :p:rofl::naughty:

I can understand the urge to get excited over Kate's return however I get the sense this movie is not going to go down in history as the best instalment of the franchise.
This movie will probably serve as a 'pass the torch' on to the younger generation of the vampires. Just so they can keep the franchise alive.
As long as its got Kate in leather, I'm in. No matter how ****** the movie is :hungry:

Reactions: harry