4.50 star(s) Rating: 4.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Wonder Woman

Tagline: Power. Grace. Wisdom. Wonder.

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Patty Jenkins

Cast: Gal Gadot, Chris Pine, Connie Nielsen and Robin Wright

Release: 2017-05-30

Runtime: 141

Plot: An Amazon princess comes to the world of Man in the grips of the First World War to confront the forces of evil and bring an end to human conflict.

[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Wonder Woman (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Patty Jenkins[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: Gal Gadot, Chris Pine, Robin Wright, Connie Nielsen and more...

Plot: An Amazon princess comes to the world of Man to become the greatest of the female superheroes.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
imekS7f1OuHyUP2LAiTEM0zBzUz.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

It’s Official: Michelle MacLaren to Direct Wonder Woman! :thumbs:

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/386325-its-official-michelle-maclaren-to-direct-wonder-woman

wonder-woman-director.jpg

It was just over a week ago that word broke that Warner Bros. Pictures was keen on signing “Breaking Bad” and “The Walking Dead” director Michelle MacLaren to helm their long-awaited DC Comics adaptation Wonder Woman. Today, The Hollywood Reporter has announced that the deal is done! MacLaren will both develop and direct the solo film with Charles Roven and Zack and Deborah Snyder producing.

Gal Gadot is already set to headline Wonder Woman with the character planned to make her first cinematic appearance in 2016′s Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. She may even make additional appearances across DC’s new cinematic universe before her solo film sees release on June 23, 2017. It’s pretty much a guarantee, too, that Wonder Woman is also going to play an important role in Justice League Part One, hitting theaters November 10, 2017.

Recent rumors have suggested that, as a franchise, Wonder Woman is being targeted for development as a trilogy with the first film planned to take place in the 1920s, revealing Themyscira’s first encounter with the outside world and Wonder Woman’s own experiences with a USA that still had a lot to learn about equal rights. Then, it is alleged, a sequel would take place in the 1940s and will be set against the backdrop of World War II. A third film, then, would finally bring Wonder Woman’s solo adventures to a contemporary setting. Take all of that with a grain of salt, however.

MacLaren’s directing credits also include episodes of “Game of Thrones,” “The Leftovers” and the upcoming “Breaking Bad” spinoff “Better Call Saul.” She’s also well-known for serving as co-executive producer on the final two seasons of FOX’s “The X-Files.”

F**K YEAH!
popcorn2.gif

Reactions: Drum18
THR are reporting that Michelle MacLaren has dropped out from directing the movie...

“Given creative differences, Warner Bros. and Michelle MacLaren have decided not to move forward with plans to develop and direct Wonder Woman together,” the studio said in a statement.

THR are reporting that Michelle MacLaren has dropped out from directing the movie...

“Given creative differences, Warner Bros. and Michelle MacLaren have decided not to move forward with plans to develop and direct Wonder Woman together,” the studio said in a statement.
Just read the news :confused: Oh well...

Kathryn Bigelow would be an awesome replacement :thumbs:

Reactions: Noodles

Oops.... never a good thing... let's hope for the best...

THR are now reporting that Patty Jenkins (who was at one point set to direct Thor 2) will now be directing the movie. I'm glad they went with another female director... her film Monster (which starred Charlize Theron and Christina Ricci) was great, and I also enjoyed the two episodes of The Killing which she directed.

Lucy showed me Johannson can't Carry a movie by herself.Only way she get's a movie of her own is if she has Hawk Eye or Nick furry as her co star like she was in cap 2.
Lucy wasn't a good exemple to start with.... the story was sooooo :ugh:... even her good look couldn't save that piece of garbage movie...

I think we need more female action movies then.I sound like Joss Whendon now :sick::sick::smashed:

I think the reason there hasn't been one for Black Widow is simply her story is far more adult and violent than would fit the current run of movies. Kids would want to see it and die hard fans wouldn't accept a toned down version so they are kind of stuck. Scarlett can certainly front a film money/power wise.

Will be interesting to see how well this does if it goes ahead. I think they are jumping the gun a bit since we haven't even seen her in action yet.

I think the reason there hasn't been one for Black Widow is simply her story is far more adult and violent than would fit the current run of movies. Kids would want to see it and die hard fans wouldn't accept a toned down version so they are kind of stuck. Scarlett can certainly front a film money/power wise.

Will be interesting to see how well this does if it goes ahead. I think they are jumping the gun a bit since we haven't even seen her in action yet.
Then let's not do a movie.Lets do a series similar to Daredevil chronicling her time away from the Avengers.As we can tell, a Dark Marvel tale is something people want and the character would be interesting.or do a Netflix exclusive movie of an hour or so.

Reactions: psychoscot
Then let's not do a movie.Lets do a series similar to Daredevil chronicling her time away from the Avengers.As we can tell, a Dark Marvel tale is something people want and the character would be interesting.or do a Netflix exclusive movie of an hour or so.
Completely agree, that for me is the only way to do it properly. [emoji41]

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database