Steve Jobs - In theaters October 9, 2015

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Steve Jobs (2015)

Genre: [GENRE][/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Danny Boyle[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Michael Fassbender[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kate Winslet[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Seth Rogen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Katherine Waterston[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jeff Daniels[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Stuhlbarg[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Makenzie Moss[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sarah Snook[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Adam Shapiro[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2015-10-09[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Set backstage at three iconic product launches and ending in 1998 with the unveiling of the iMac, "Steve Jobs" takes us behind the scenes of the digital revolution to paint an intimate portrait of the brilliant man at its epicenter.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
LargePosters
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

First look at Michael Fassbender in the first trailer for Steve Jobs movie.

It's finally confirmed!
Screenwriter Aaron Sorkin confirmed the decision in an upcoming interview with Bloomberg Television.

Source

Via The Verge:

Christian Bale will star as late Apple CEO Steve Jobs in the upcoming biopic from director Danny Boyle. Screenwriter Aaron Sorkin confirmed the decision in an upcoming interview with Bloomberg Television today, adding that the Oscar-winning actor didn't even have to audition for the role.

"We needed the best actor on the board in a certain age range and that’s Chris Bale," Sorkin said. "He didn’t have to audition. Well, there was a meeting."

Bale was among the actors reported to be in contention for the lead role, along with Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Bradley Cooper, and Leonardo DiCaprio. The still-unnamed film is based on Walter Isaacson's 2011 biography about Jobs, and shooting will begin within the next couple of months. Sorkin, best known for his writing on The West Wingand The Social Network, says Bale will have a lot of work to do on set, though he's confident in his abilities.

"He has more words to say in this movie than most people have in three movies combined," he told Bloomberg. "There isn’t a scene or a frame that he’s not in. So it’s an extremely difficult part and he is gonna crush it."

screen-shot-2015-05-17-at-7-22-57-pm.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It's really intense. Will def. be better than the Kutcher Jobs movie...
I feel sorry for anyone who watched that.First 10 minutes and i quit.

Fasebender looks nothing like Jobs.he's a good actor but why take on Steve Jobs?This could be a horrible career move.

I'm starting to think people know nothing about Steve Jobs.Or Not as Much as they claim to.

Looks like it will be an OK movie, but not the Steve jobs movies we are all expecting.

Got to see this tonight and it was excellent. From an acting standpoint, it's phenomenal. Michael Fassbender gives him the performance of a life time and is lock for a Oscar nomination. Fassbender is amazing in this leading role and he carries the entire film so much you never realize it's a 2 hour plus film. He is in the entire movie and his portrayal of Steve Jobs was incredibly intense and powerful. As someone who basically knew nothing about Steve Jobs, it was a fascinating artistic look at a few pivotal points in life. Fassbender portrays Jobs as insanely driven, power hunger and relentless. His scenes in particular with the equally amazing Kate Winslet was acting gold. The intensity of the verbal exchanges in this movie are on par with any other movie in the last few years.

The supporting performances across the board were good to amazing with Kate Winslet also securing herself a Oscar nomination for supporting actress. The movie is indeed simply three huge scenes that are dialogue heavy but it works. There will be many comparisons to Birdman from last year because of how the movie highlights the behind the scenes working before a big announcement. I love Fincher and Bale/DiCaprio as much as anyone else, but this combination of Boyle, Sorkin and Fassbender was perfect. If you want to see some great performances with a unique perspective on technology and innovation, you've got to see Steve Jobs. Highly recommended.

Reactions: RekLess and Drum18
Got to see this tonight and it was excellent. From an acting standpoint, it's phenomenal. Michael Fassbender gives him the performance of a life time and is lock for a Oscar nomination. Fassbender is amazing in this leading role and he carries the entire film so much you never realize it's a 2 hour plus film. He is in the entire movie and his portrayal of Steve Jobs was incredibly intense and powerful. As someone who basically knew nothing about Steve Jobs, it was a fascinating artistic look at a few pivotal points in life. Fassbender portrays Jobs as insanely driven, power hunger and relentless. His scenes in particular with the equally amazing Kate Winslet was acting gold. The intensity of the verbal exchanges in this movie are on par with any other movie in the last few years.

The supporting performances across the board were good to amazing with Kate Winslet also securing herself a Oscar nomination for supporting actress. The movie is indeed simply three huge scenes that are dialogue heavy but it works. There will be many comparisons to Birdman from last year because of how the movie highlights the behind the scenes working before a big announcement. I love Fincher and Bale/DiCaprio as much as anyone else, but this combination of Boyle, Sorkin and Fassbender was perfect. If you want to see some great performances with a unique perspective on technology and innovation, you've got to see Steve Jobs. Highly recommended.
I've got a free preview this coming Wednesday. I'm most looking forward to--as you mentioned-- the interplay with director Danny Boyle and writer Aaron Sorkin. I loved Sorkin's work on The Social Network and Moneyball, but I watched the first episode of The Newsroom and I wanted to stab a pencil in my ears--didn't like it at all. Love Slumdog from Boyle and I enjoyed Trance (not as much as the general audience, but I did like it). The trailer for this movie looks excellent though. And I know others have their opinions, but I really like Rogen as an all-around actor-- excited to see him as Woz.

I've got a free preview this coming Wednesday. I'm most looking forward to--as you mentioned-- the interplay with director Danny Boyle and writer Aaron Sorkin. I loved Sorkin's work on The Social Network and Moneyball, but I watched the first episode of The Newsroom and I wanted to stab a pencil in my ears--didn't like it at all. Love Slumdog from Boyle and I enjoyed Trance (not as much as the general audience, but I did like it). The trailer for this movie looks excellent though. And I know others have their opinions, but I really like Rogen as an all-around actor-- excited to see him as Woz.

Rogen was really good as Woz. Brought some humor to the movie but not so overloaded where I didn't take him seriously as Woz. Rogen definitely shined the strongest in the third act, so you'll enjoy that. I don't think he'll win or get nominated for anything, but he was great.

While I think Social Network is wittier and presents a more intriguing and traditional plot, I think Steve Jobs is superior in that it's a self contained character study that is an intense experience. To me, Steve Jobs is better simply because it's a more unique movie going experience with much stronger performances. Hope you enjoy the movie!

Reactions: RekLess