[WINNER ANNOUNCED] 5th Annual SteelBook of the Year 2015 - Best SteelBook (standalone SteelBook)

Which is your pick for Best SteelBook (overall standalone SteelBook only) of 2015?

• Ex Machina (WWA)

Votes: 63 20.3%
  • Guardians of the Galaxy (Blufans)

Votes: 74 23.8%
  • The Thing (Mondo X SteelBook)

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • Gladiator (HDZeta)

Votes: 14 4.5%
  • Whiplash (WWA)

Votes: 17 5.5%
  • Godzilla (Blufans)

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • The Raid 2 (KimchiDVD)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Big Hero 6 (Blufans)

Votes: 6 1.9%
  • Thor (Blufans)

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • The Master (Plain Archive)

Votes: 14 4.5%
  • The Boondock Saints (Mondo X SteelBook)

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • The Avengers (Novamedia)

Votes: 6 1.9%
  • Interstellar (HDZeta)

• Zero Dark Thirty (Plain Archive)

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • DREDD (Novamedia)

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • John Wick (Novamedia)

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • The Avengers: Age of Ultron (WWA)

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Ex Machina (Mondo X SteelBook)

• John Wick (Film Arena Collection)

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • The Emperor's New Groove (Zavvi)

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • Pan's Labyrinth (Mondo X SteelBook)

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • Whiplash (KimchiDVD)

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Looper (Mondo X SteelBook)

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Moulin Rouge (Blufans)

Votes: 18 5.8%
  • Flash Gordon (Mondo X SteelBook)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
1. best-steelbook.png

Sponsored by the HDN Shop

Browse for limited edition SteelBook collectibles and more at http://shop.hidefninja.com & support the community!

shop logo.png

Some great SteelBooks were released in 2015.

As it's customary, the nominations were tallied until January 15, 2016 from our nominations thread (which went live on December 23, 2015) and each of the 25 most member-nominated titles in the Best SteelBook (overall standalone SteelBook only) category is now a contender in our poll.

Please remember you can only vote 1 time for your top choice and you cannot change your vote afterwards.

Voting closes January 31, 2016.

Have fun everyone & thanks for being part of the hidefninja.com community!

Other categories polls:

Best Overall SteelBook Package

Best Full Slip

Best Lenticular Slip

Best Quarter Slip

Best Overall Art

Best Finish (embossing, debossing etc...)

Last edited:
I love every single one of the contenders. Whiplash WWA gets my vote though! :thumbs:

This is a tough one as I like a lot from that list lol.

Voted for Guardians of the Galaxy (Blufans) :)

I know they probably don't care but someone should notifiy Zavvi on these nominations...sure it's a forum award poll but the fact it's such a huge, vibrant community and they've hardly made it on any of these lists (none of this one) should really get them to pull their finger out. Releases less but focus on the quality of the ones they do

Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Wow... thought choice between GOTG Blufans and Whiplash WWA...
Picked Whiplash as it was a contest, they had another winner, BUT in the end, they listened to the fans (us) and changed the result and ended up with a SUPERB steel!!!

I know they probably don't care but someone should notifiy Zavvi on these nominations...sure it's a forum award poll but the fact it's such a huge, vibrant community and they've hardly made it on any of these lists (none of this one) should really get them to pull their finger out. Releases less but focus on the quality of the ones they do

Emperors new groove made it.
And ex MACHINA and whiplash is WWA and Zavvi released those but I personably think they had quite a few Disney and Pixar steels that could easily make that list like bugs life, incredibles, rataoulille, brother bear, into the woods, princess and the frog were all quality and more.
The Jurassic parks were nice, Frakenweenie, terminator genisys all are great too
Plus they have won Steelbook of the year in the past

Reactions: snooloui
Emperors new groove made it.
And ex MACHINA and whiplash is WWA and Zavvi released those but I personably think they had quite a few Disney and Pixar steels that could easily make that list like bugs life, incredibles, rataoulille, brother bear, into the woods, princess and the frog were all quality and more.
The Jurassic parks were nice, Frakenweenie, terminator genisys all are great too
Plus they have won Steelbook of the year in the past

Oh my mistake....but still not as many with how much they pump out.

Reactions: Flloydo
Best steelbook of 2015 is: Guardians of the Galaxy (Blufans)

Strong consideration was given to Gladiator HDZeta, who gave us a virtually flawless steelbook for a very well deserving title.

Also Interstellar HDZeta is well... stellar. And Finally Zero Dark Thirty from Plain Archive deserves a nod.

Also, isn't Ultron Novamedia a WWA steelbook shared with other countries? If so, it should have been listed here as Ultron WWA, and it shouldn't even garner a single vote. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.